HVAC question (HELP) - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HVAC question (HELP)
Saturday, February 14, 2009 3:15 PM
1998 cavy base model-I wanted to know where i can buy blue hvac bulbs at, and what size are they. I searched the forums and found the bulb size i think PC74. But could not find out where u guys got them at. Please reply ASAP have the hvac system out of my car right now and would like to change the bulbs before i put it back in. Thanks guys

Re: HVAC question (HELP)
Saturday, February 14, 2009 4:16 PM
Online. Put it back in.
Patience young tadpole.

I'm not sure where you buy the actuall bulbs with assembly, but you can just take any 3 or 5mm led and wire it up with a proper resistor.

Sunday, February 15, 2009 5:15 PM
I bought #74 LED's of ebay: LINK
Those weren't the exact ones tho, but close to it

Saturday, February 28, 2009 4:24 PM
Radio Shack

Monday, March 02, 2009 4:54 AM
You can get pretty much any bulb in various type of LED configuration at superbrightleds.com.

Wednesday, March 04, 2009 5:29 PM
Thanks for the help.
Wednesday, March 04, 2009 5:30 PM
If i get blue bulbs will it be light up brighter than the white bulbs.
Wednesday, March 04, 2009 5:35 PM
Depends where you get them and what type of bulb. Obviously a LED will be brighter then a standard bulb. Go with superbrightleds.com I recommend them they light my cluster up quite nice.

FOR SALE
Thursday, March 05, 2009 2:15 PM
just fyi, blue is by far the brightest, i'm using the red ones, and its a little dim, but still looks great
Thursday, March 05, 2009 4:28 PM
You need more resistance on those leds. They will look less pink. Unless its the pic.

Thursday, March 05, 2009 5:19 PM
more resistance? i just bought the 5 led wide angle ones from superbrightleds and plugged them into some new 1/2" sockets :\ should i have done something else?

Saturday, March 07, 2009 10:24 AM
tyler wojo wrote:You need more resistance on those leds. They will look less pink. Unless its the pic.

LED bulbs have the resistors built into them, so you don't do anything.

Also, with LEDs, unlike a bulb, color doesn't change with intensity, because the color is in the actual light being created by the diode, not by a filter (colored glass or coating).

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 11:18 PM
Ok so I just changed my cluster bulbs to red LEDs and I should have thought about ordering the HVAC ones at the same time but I didnt so now I need to find some. I think I can find some on ebay but how exactly do they plug in? when I had my HVAC controls thing out I took out the bulbs from the back but it does not look like they come out of the black socket thing they are stuck into and the wires going into the socket thing are permanently stuck in there so how do I change the bulbs to LEDs after they get here? I think I am going to order the ones that yellowcav posted a link to above if I can find them in red
Thursday, March 19, 2009 6:38 PM
Quiklilcav wrote:
tyler wojo wrote:You need more resistance on those leds. They will look less pink. Unless its the pic.

LED bulbs have the resistors built into them, so you don't do anything.

Also, with LEDs, unlike a bulb, color doesn't change with intensity, because the color is in the actual light being created by the diode, not by a filter (colored glass or coating).

Red is an exception for this rule. Almost any color, even uv if I remember correctly, requires the same resistor as the next color. But red requires higher resistance. If the same ohm amount is used on a red led as on all the other colors, you will end up with a pink led and a hot resistor. The color can still change because the voltage drop is different and it is getting just a little bit more voltage, but not enough to burn the led out.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search