Updates: SEMA body kit + some! - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Updates: SEMA body kit + some!
Friday, July 06, 2007 7:59 PM
you suck.

its going to look awesome, no doubt.

Monday, July 09, 2007 9:29 AM
Kyle, looks great, hope I can see it tonite. I left you a message on the WI J-Tuners forums about my situation for tonite. I'll give you a call before I come out that way if I can make it.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Monday, July 09, 2007 9:56 AM
Brandon, its no big deal, i need to do to many other things to get the skirts on right now, and the rear bumper cant get put on because of the exhaust opening doesn't line up with the opening. me and my cuzin are just making the front bumper work right now so its out of our hands once the front bumper gets corrected.

Monday, July 09, 2007 1:16 PM
Alright guys test fit went on today and it was kind of fun but hot as hell. So on with the pictures with more to come!

More picture with the front bumper on fully to come later on.

Monday, July 09, 2007 1:32 PM
WoW I see something next to yours not to many people have. Car looks good. I hope that badge is coming off and those door pieces.

Monday, July 09, 2007 3:10 PM
TRD, thats my moms car, 1970 VW Bug convertable.

More pictures of just the front bumper...

Big pappa was right about the front bumper not fitting right, I thought it was just the brackets i made but its also the hood latch. It sits low so the nose of the hood needs to really bend down to catch were everything else is aligned. i need to change this before i get it painted.

C&C please!

Monday, July 09, 2007 3:19 PM
gonna look alot better once painted! no comment at this time..........

WI-Jtuners member
Monday, July 09, 2007 4:27 PM
02 redbadged wrote:gonna look alot better once painted! no comment at this time..........

x2

Monday, July 09, 2007 4:47 PM
Am I the only person that doesn't see too much special about that kit, especially for $1350 shipped. OK, one of a kind, that's nice. So is everyone else's car. There are no two modded cars that are identical. Differences may be subtle, but they are there. It has a nice clean look, but not that impressed for a one off. I expected more. Maybe it's just not having paint, but I wouldn't have spent 1350 for it, now you have to add about 600-800 for paint. All in all, not worth it, imo.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Monday, July 09, 2007 5:12 PM
^^ If you break down the cost of the kit like this: 300 for the front + 300 for the sides + 300 for the rear + 300 for the spoiler + 150 for shipping, its really not an outrageous price at all. I think its reasonable even if you don't factor in the sentimental value and the fact its one of a kind (or 2 of a kind since there still is that yellow one somewhere).

Anyways Rawkfist, looks like you're on the right track with getting the kit fitted up properly, should look very slick when painted. I'm looking forward to seeing it when all done.

-- John

Monday, July 09, 2007 5:19 PM
rawkfist wrote:

yummy.

...oh, and congrats on the Turbosport kit. Please make sure it's all done with perfection. that's a piece of J history right there.

Monday, July 09, 2007 5:42 PM
Skunk v.2K4 wrote:Am I the only person that doesn't see too much special about that kit, especially for $1350 shipped. OK, one of a kind, that's nice. So is everyone else's car. There are no two modded cars that are identical. Differences may be subtle, but they are there. It has a nice clean look, but not that impressed for a one off. I expected more. Maybe it's just not having paint, but I wouldn't have spent 1350 for it, now you have to add about 600-800 for paint. All in all, not worth it, imo.

Not bashing you or what not, we all have our tastes and i respect your opinion but if you factor this all in single prices ... its different. On average a quality fiberglass kit cost 600 bucks ( Buddy club 2 body kit) + a fiberglass spoiler costing 400 ( wings west one) + a Stainless 2 1/4 mandrel bent cat back w/ borla muffler and tip costing probly 300 = the cost of shipping all of that. Granted you could probly find the body kit cheaper but on average it equals it self all out if not cheaper due to shipping.

I am waiting until end of winter, early spring to get it painted but it WILL be done by the 1st of April for sure!

John: The front bumper i wanted to tweek myself due to the fact i made the new brackets on it. Plus i wanted to set my ride hight for the body kit but i dont need to becuase it changed a little bit. So when i get my hood i will be adjusting the hood latch to make sure it closes nicely! Skirts I need to find a different way to to stand the car up ( dumb bracket design seem to meet with the jack stands) and the rear bumper i need to adjust exhaust acordingly ( which will be the day before i send the car off to get painted)

quiklilcav : Thats my dads GREAT idea on mixing new muscle with old muscle!! and yes the kit will get tweek professionally and will be painted professionally!

Monday, July 09, 2007 5:54 PM
Looks good. Really likin the rear.

And it is a lot for the kit, but some other kits are right up there in price. My Streetfire kit was right around $1000. So overall it isn't too bad, especially since it is a one of a kind.

Wide Body Progress

Monday, July 09, 2007 10:01 PM
That looks awesome, congrats man.

Enjoy the pistons!

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 9:36 AM
I....don't like it. What the hell. I can't put my finger on what's so wrong with it and it makes me sad.

Congrats on getting it, though.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 9:42 AM
agreed i dont like it at all oddly. must be the lack of turbo sport hood maybe?

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 9:51 AM
Needs the Turbo Sport hood for sure, that and it needs to be........... yellow Sorry had to.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 10:25 AM
i love that front damnn lol

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, July 10, 2007 12:44 PM
Once painted...gonna be awesome!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Tuesday, July 10, 2007 1:06 PM
i like it i think it'll look fine painted and deff. awesome if you had a good hood to go with it

4 door civic on the way i need a daily driver
Tuesday, July 10, 2007 1:12 PM
the entire kit needs to be one and a nice hood will fiish it off.
looks good man. defently gonna look sweet once its all done. keep it up. get it perfect.

all show, stock go
in the making

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 2:26 PM
Skunk v.2K4 wrote:Am I the only person that doesn't see too much special about that kit, especially for $1350 shipped. OK, one of a kind, that's nice. So is everyone else's car. There are no two modded cars that are identical. Differences may be subtle, but they are there. It has a nice clean look, but not that impressed for a one off. I expected more. Maybe it's just not having paint, but I wouldn't have spent 1350 for it, now you have to add about 600-800 for paint. All in all, not worth it, imo.

One thing you have to remember here is that this is from an actual GM built one-off car made for shows. It's a piece of GM history, and that's worth something to alot of people. I personally would not have spent that much on the kit, but I can totally appreciate it's worth.
rawkfist wrote:quiklilcav : Thats my dads GREAT idea on mixing new muscle with old muscle!!

Have you or your dad seen the F-Bomb buildup in Hot Rod Mag? Makes me drool like crazy. 1500hp twin turbo LS-1 in a 2nd gen F-body. Mmmmmm...

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 3:03 PM
Quiklilcav wrote:[One thing you have to remember here is that this is from an actual GM built one-off car made for shows. It's a piece of GM history,

true..... but even still...

my wings west rear and sides were from the SEMA built GM car.... actually, in the pic of this car's rear, look on the right, and you can see the car your kit was on

15.1@90.34mph
Tuesday, July 10, 2007 3:04 PM
thats the actual lip kit on my car btw

15.1@90.34mph
Tuesday, July 10, 2007 5:24 PM
GM history, blah, blah, blah. Does anyone really give a damn anymore, they killed the j in favor of what, an oversized, underpowered version of it. Please, GM doesn't give a rats a$$ about us and what we've done with our j's. Why should we care about GM history. Yeah the kit is nice and clean, but I'm not a huge fan, I do however like the kit on the orange one. Simple, clean, yet stands out in a crowd wtih that, "There's something different about that car" look.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search