The History of the EvoFire - Page 5 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: The History of the EvoFire
Monday, March 12, 2012 12:26 AM
the trunk is actually plasti dipped right now. might be wrapping it soon. trying to decide how hard that filler piece would be to match.

Monday, March 12, 2012 1:45 AM
Like I said on FB.. I dig the black, but I'm a bit biased.
EvoFire wrote:dont need to hound gary. i got one lined up. as soon as the 400 is in my bank is gonna be paypaled to someone else and said lip will be on the way. also going more low up front. prolly .5-.75 inch.

You might as well hound Gary because I decided to keep my GM lip lol.

Friday, March 16, 2012 12:21 PM
Heres the new plate. Looks good on the car.

Friday, March 16, 2012 1:29 PM
I like the old wheels better.

FU Tuning

Friday, March 16, 2012 7:19 PM
What size spectre fitting did you use for your pcv??
Wednesday, June 06, 2012 5:17 PM
well its been a crazy few weeks. replaced both front wheel bearings, did a quick fix brake job until i can order wilwood parts, installed a set of stock tail lights, and now its going into the shop this weekend for a new clutch/TOB/slave and master. the TOB i installed when i did the trans popped, and leaked fluid all over the clutch disk.

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 6:21 PM
What's with the grand am control arms why do they do performance wise?
Thursday, June 07, 2012 2:10 PM
martin mercier wrote:What's with the grand am control arms why do they do performance wise?

the lighten up the suspension, as well as make it stronger.

Friday, June 08, 2012 4:12 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:I like the old wheels better.

Agreed. New one don't look bad tho

R.I.P. Jesse 07/11/87-01/25/08
14.4 @ 101 Bradenton Motorsports Park 11/22/08

Saturday, June 09, 2012 2:14 PM
better pics of the roof vinyl and trunk dip?

lookin good mayne.

Saturday, June 09, 2012 8:46 PM
When the car is outta the shop ill do it up nice now that i have a new camera. The trunk is white again, took the PD off of it. left the center filler panel black though and installed stock tail lights....so it looke 10000000000% better to me.

Sunday, June 10, 2012 1:16 AM
New wheels > old wheels

Thursday, June 14, 2012 1:28 PM
Glad to see your coming along on it been some time since I've stopped on here and actually looked around. Was thinking of doing a similar thing to my trunk but still undecided. Anyway keep it up.
Monday, June 18, 2012 1:03 PM
took my car to the shop a couple weeks ago for a clutch job. fine work on the clutch job I THOUGHT. the first time i drove it more then 6 miles after getting it back, i get home and see that i have a trail of oil following me. looked like it was a mix of ATF and motor oil to me, so i sprayed down the underside of the car and let it sit over night. got in it the next morning, and after backing out, it looked like someone poured a qt of oil on the ground under my car. checked the oil, topped it off. take it to my dads, OIL EVERYWHERE under my car like someone sprayed the underside with atomized oil. we jacked it up got out the creeper and started inspecting. no oil leaks at all visible from any external seal on the motor, valve cover, head gasket, all perfect shape. look underneath, drops coming from the bell housings.....its leaking as its sits. we are watching it leak for 5 minutes....filled it up again with oil, limped it to my house. parked it called a tow truck to take it to the shop this morning.

they get it in the air, and there is OIL EVERYWHERE again. look into the bell housing with a borescope through the inspection hole, said the tech said the front(engine side) of the flywheel was covered in oil, and that he bets the upper half of the rear main seal is gone...i said what do you mean gone. he said "not there the asshole probably pushed it into the motor reinstalling the trans." lol i said it was your guy last week. he said I KNOW!

EDIT::

they just called me rear main was bent or some thing, they are covering cost of labor, im paying for the seal.

Monday, June 18, 2012 1:24 PM
Man your lucky they are fixing it. Most shops would be like, you sould of brought it back the same day you noticed the leak, now we can not fix it. Ive heard horror stories like that. Glad it worked out for you.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, June 18, 2012 1:40 PM
When you swapped the dash to the older version, did you do the vent ducting also?

Monday, June 18, 2012 2:00 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Man your lucky they are fixing it. Most shops would be like, you sould of brought it back the same day you noticed the leak, now we can not fix it. Ive heard horror stories like that. Glad it worked out for you.

I took it back to then the first business day they were open after i discovered it. and called and left them a voicemail the day i notice

jason norwood wrote:When you swapped the dash to the older version, did you do the vent ducting also?

That was my original plans, but no i did not. After i pulled the dash, the ducting was so messed up i just said forget it. no need to do the ducting anyways. its all plumbed the same just a different shape. mine works fine.

Monday, June 18, 2012 6:43 PM
Wow...that luck. Even though you've had mixed results with the shop I'd still be willing to recommend them to others if they treated me that way.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 2:44 PM
going to get my car in about an hour. if there is still issues after this, i will punch someone. he said the seal was pretty bent up somehow, and that you could see the oil leak coming from it. so hopefully its fixed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, June 19, 2012 2:44 PM

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 6:25 AM
Hopefully all is well. Keep us posted.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:58 AM
Update?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 12:39 PM
Got it back! no more leak, the clutch still chatters, but the pedal feels better. i think they bled it just long enough to get some pedal feel, and leave the rest up to me since they dont know what type of pedal i had or like.

they told me since it is not a DIRECT OEM replacement clutch, that it will chatter a bit but it should go away. it only does it when cold, and I've been told that with non OEM clutches, that is normal.

They know they messed up somehow though. They told me the seal was mangled, but told my dad it looked fine. So something is fishy there. Oh well. For now it is fixed and they made it right. They did the rear main seal, and oil change, and all new pressure plate and fly wheels bolts for 50 bucks.

Saturday, July 14, 2012 8:38 PM
installed the water tank for the blower today!!!!

Saturday, July 14, 2012 9:50 PM
Holy @!#$ is that snug in there.

Saturday, July 14, 2012 9:56 PM
Sweet looking tank... I like it
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search