My DD facelift - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My DD facelift
Friday, February 18, 2011 10:00 AM
Hi all havent really been on here much lately, busy graduating college, rehabbing my self back to health( car accident ) and building my other cars. I hope the pics work. Once I get back o my feet financially and pay my debts back I plan on doing some work to the cav. Nothing crazy 2.2/ 5 speed manual slammed on some eibachs, a set of z24 rims, exhaust and light tints(cops are strict) Oh well I hope you guys like it. Seems like if you don't have toyo tails import fighter front ends or an ecotec motor you get flamed haha.

Re: My DD facelift
Friday, February 18, 2011 10:03 AM
Looks good !

Also, I dont have any of those things, so we can get flamed together lol

Friday, February 18, 2011 11:08 AM
thing looks spotless. like the wheel swap

Friday, February 18, 2011 5:09 PM
thanks for the kind words. I would focus a lot more time into the cavalier but I own 2 other cars that Im building. Im a mopar guy at heart but still love my cavalier its more sentimental being my first car. heres my other cars. Here is some of the work I have done to show my abilities. Built not bought is my motto.

Heres my college graduation present to myself.. 72 challenger. gunna put a 440 big block with a 4 speed, pro touring style big brakes big rims, power windows, engine bay shaved....yada yada yada lol

Friday, February 18, 2011 5:11 PM
Karnage wrote:Looks good !

Also, I dont have any of those things, so we can get flamed together lol

me too !

Friday, February 18, 2011 5:24 PM
cars looking good, also you should really start a thread for that challenger in the other cars forum. stoked to see what you do with it!

Friday, February 18, 2011 5:31 PM
thanks maybe i will, dont know how much interest there would be, all panel replacement, floors, bodywork, paint done in house, in my garage. lol hope you like it. If your interested in my scamp build check it out: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=52638
Friday, February 18, 2011 10:09 PM
whats up with the blue J in the background?

Friday, February 18, 2011 10:27 PM
^ ^ ^ ^ I was also curious about that

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3877823
Friday, February 18, 2011 10:54 PM
x3

hmm.. Challenger..

V A N I S H I N G P O I N T

just sayin..

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Friday, February 18, 2011 11:38 PM
That's a pretty clean car.

2010 Honda Fit LX

Saturday, February 19, 2011 9:04 AM
that thing had A LOT of money dumped into it. Cage, carbon fiber hood, carbon fiber trunk, suspension full type J kit some bolt ons for the LD9, it was pretty quick, spanked a couple srt-4's and civics with it. Kid used to have nos in it before I bought it. Heres a picture of it. I got rid of it because I went through motors every week. Within a months span I spun rod bearings in 3 different motors. I got tired of doing it. If i was going to spend lots of time and money I want it to be in something I will always have and appreciate. Please dont hate because Im a MOPAR guy. I still love my cavaliers. And some of the work you guys do is top knotch. I didnt get completely out of the game I just downsized lol. It was a nice car but those LD9's are nothing but a boat anchor. Complete @!#$, some of you make power out of them and good for you but i like 360 cubic inches of MOPAR MUSCLE.
Saturday, February 19, 2011 9:51 AM

that thing is beautiful... dude, you could have just swapped over to an Ecotec and solved those issues. I had the same exact problem when I got my black car.. full J kit, etc. but had a knocking LD9 in it. spun number 3 a few months after I got it. picked up a junkyard LD9 and spun a bearing in it not even a yr later. bought the LYC, swapped over the boosted Ecotec and done

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Saturday, February 19, 2011 11:49 AM
I love the scamp, I've always been a fan of a bodies. More info on it lol.. 340/727??

Saturday, February 19, 2011 11:55 AM
360, holley double pumper mechanical secondaries, QTP electric exhaust dumps 4 speed manual, 8-3/4 rear with 391's and a set of 27560R15 cooper cobra's out back. Its a fun car and has more than enough balls to get me into trouble.
Saturday, February 19, 2011 3:23 PM
Nice. Look forward to seeing more

Sunday, February 20, 2011 9:05 AM
Id be interested in a Challenger build thread. We dont get many good resto threads around these parts.

Monday, February 21, 2011 9:11 AM
Hey maybe Ill make one, once i get back on my feet both physically and financially. I plan to finish up the scamp and put my challenger on my rotisserie. Then all the metal work will start. I can at-least do that because That doesn't require any money. Things like wiring harness' and rims, big brake kits all cost to much.
Friday, March 25, 2011 8:46 AM
well the weather is getting nicer and hopefully i can get some stuff done. Ill update this thread when i start making some good progress. I doubt u guys will want to see pictures of me scraping undercoating and welding lol
Friday, March 25, 2011 8:59 AM
j looked real nice. cant wait to see the dodge

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 4:15 PM
well coming home from taking a local civil service test my cavalier decided to take a crap on me. Pulling the head tonite. But I cannot just simply afford to go out and buy another car. So I will fix the 2.2 and spend a few dollars making the cav my own. Things that I hate are the fact that I have crank windows. I need to put power windows in the car. So can someone who has done this please reccomend a good kid. Nothing noisy, nothing that breaks all the time. Just something reliable. Ive got a line on a carbon fiber hood too. So with it being slammed the power windows, carbon fiber hood, and some elbow grease the cavalier will get the love it deserves. Im considering this window kit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1982-2005-Chevy-Cavalier-Power-Window-Conversion-Kit-EZ-PLUG-N-PLAY-INSTALL-/190585331122?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3DLVI %26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D4083985928605576437

Or just go with the spal? Im new to doing power windows so as much help as i could get would be great.

Thanks!

Thursday, November 10, 2011 7:29 AM
2 options. depending work you want to put into it. one is go to junk yard and get an power interior harness and power doors. then you have power locks and windows along with the availability that if you need a part you can get it over the counter or at the junk yard. which is the route i am doing myself. or get a hold of builtnboosted and see what his kit is. he has had it for a while and seems to be holding up.

Thursday, November 10, 2011 9:40 AM
I like it when a v8 guy loses to a 4 cylinder. I just left the machine shop and couple mopar guys there talking @!#$ about small engines.

My own machine guy even said my whole engine is the size of one of their cylinders. Well even better when I beat him

GMR has got nothing on this
Thursday, November 10, 2011 11:58 AM
yeah put up some info on the challnger build we just bought one of the new ones. i wouldn't mind an old one.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, November 10, 2011 12:14 PM
lol i wish i had the time for my challenger. But right now im focused on getting my cavalier running mint so i have a daily driver to get back and forth to work to pay for car parts. Im looking to spend like $1,000.00 to get the cavalier the way i want then turn back to my mopars and get them ready for the next season. My scamp will be getting all the attention for now so i get it running. My challenger I still need to do the quarters, swap front ends, tubular k frame with rack and pinion disc brakes all around, minitub it. Interior gauges. But here is what i do have to give you a little perspective on how good of a deal I got on the challenger when i bought it.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=105197

But once again i have heard mixed things about the spal kit. I might as well swap over to power locks and windows while im at it. Im gunna fix my blower motor resistor. Get the air conditioning blowing nice and cold and put a new fuel pump in it so my gas gauge works. I really need help getting this cavalier road worth asap because not having a car just blows.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search