Not A Teaser - Page 5 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Not A Teaser
Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:18 PM
Fetter started my turbo mani-

Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:47 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:Fetter started my turbo mani-

lol you for got to mix in some excellence he pissed out

Thursday, June 30, 2011 8:41 PM
Thursday, June 30, 2011 9:22 PM
are we to assume that since everything is now nicely tucked that you can FINALLY bolt ur front strut tower brace back on? LOL

Thursday, June 30, 2011 9:36 PM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:I call next.

pretty sure I ruined it for everyone else after this haha. plus im pretty sure his car is next

-Z Yaaaa- wrote:are we to assume that since everything is now nicely tucked that you can FINALLY bolt ur front strut tower brace back on? LOL

doubtful, it was pulled and sold If I recall, its been so long honestly Not sure if ill put one back on or not...

Here is the dilemma.... colors... I am torn on colors.... this might jump around a bit but thats the best way I can think to explain it.
Lower charge pipes and FMIC will probably stay raw or if I coat the lowers, body color or black or as close to chrome as I can.

Engine bay is where it gets tough... im trying to avoid having the intake manifold pulled off but might not have a choice... its not easy for him to make a gasket for it and its a pain in the ass... but might not have a choice as he wants to inspect it a bit more...

Im looking at either wrinkle black VC and intake manifold, with body colored charge pipe, intake, and coil pack cover... possibly wrinkle black coolant tank.
or
body color valve cover, flat black coil pack cover, flat black intake manifold and charge pipe, just to make the valve cover stand out more. not real sure on coolant tank...
or
gunmetal of some sort since the front bumper insert is going to be gunmetal this time around....

open for opinions. or color ideas.... just so much to coat and color im trying to figure out how to do it all and tie it in this time.

Thursday, June 30, 2011 10:09 PM
you say you want as close to chrome as you can for the pipes as an option? why not have them actually chromed? (if thats what you want i mean)

Thursday, June 30, 2011 10:14 PM
anything I do will get powder coated. Chrome to me wont be worth it due to the maintenance over the powder coat, especially behind the bumper where it will be a pain to get to as it is. Powder coat to me if I go with a bright silver, will look great behind it anyway.

My main focus is the engine bay colors regardless. I have to nail that down before I decide if I even want to coat the ones in the bumper or not. I thought about black behind the bumper and the FMIC raw only to make it stand out and the pipes hidden.

Friday, July 01, 2011 7:20 AM
Boosted2point4 wrote:figured i would post up some real pictures my failphone with dust stuck behind the lense is making it look like poop.

Nice work Brandon. I can't wait to see mine done

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Friday, July 01, 2011 7:57 AM
Blwn LD9 wrote:
Nice work Brandon. I can't wait to see mine done

HOLY CRAP... thank you for quoting those pics... I missed them on the last page actually... For real, thank you.

Lets hear it guys... charge pipe, valve cover, coolant tank, turbo intake, (if it needs removed, intake manifold)

So far im leaning toward body color valve cover, SATIN black coil cover, satin black coolant tank, satin black charge pipe, and possibly satin black intake manifold depending on it coming off, and satin black turbo intake. That way it makes the valve cover stand out a bit more over the whole setup. Open for suggestions though. Possibly satin the lower charge pipes as well but leave the FMIC raw.

Friday, July 01, 2011 9:10 AM
powedercpoat them as close to chrome as they can and then body color the valve cover. so it all stands out but the valve cover pops more. think doing everythign black its just going to blend in and kinda of hide so to speak all the nice work that has been done on it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, July 01, 2011 9:13 AM
Flat black engine bay, body color valve cover, chrome upper IC pipes and coil pack cover. Flat black lower IC pipes, leave the intercooler raw. Either body color or chrome coolant tank.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Friday, July 01, 2011 9:15 AM
sndsgood wrote:powedercpoat them as close to chrome as they can and then body color the valve cover. so it all stands out but the valve cover pops more. think doing everythign black its just going to blend in and kinda of hide so to speak all the nice work that has been done on it.

the reason behind the flat, satin colors was because i really dont have much silver on the car and we discussed it going with the wheels is all. Only silver on the car is in the engine bay. But I agree on it possibly hiding his perfect work. Idk, its just a tough call really.

thought about gunmetal as well. only because the center of the front bumper is going to have gun metal in it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, July 01, 2011 9:18 AM

Friday, July 01, 2011 12:10 PM
I think the pipes should be body color, or like hot jet coat (which is like chrome, but a powder coating). Flat black, or wrinkle the VC, and color the coil cover. Flat black or wrinkle the coolant tank. Regardless of what you do all the charge pipes should be the same.

FU Tuning

Friday, July 01, 2011 12:43 PM
i say throw some black chrome in there somewhere...

Friday, July 01, 2011 5:14 PM
i like the raw look of it. is that lsj valve cover? or head too?

this is the start of my signature: have you read the RULES yet?
my carDomain updated 6/11/10 Forged and Supercharged

Friday, July 01, 2011 5:21 PM
Just the lsj valve cover is all. Patriots stage 2 head with additional c&c

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 8:23 PM
now we are talking....

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 8:29 PM
BuiltNBoosted if you need help with picking a color for your pipes i can photoshop them

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 8:33 PM
yeah if you want....

body color valve cover with gunmetal coil pack cover, gunmetal fuel rail and intake manifold and coolant tank. satin black charge pipes and turbo intake and probably satin or gunmetal motor mount or just black.

thanks a ton!

Thursday, July 07, 2011 2:44 PM
sweet ass fuel rail!

Friday, July 08, 2011 5:35 PM
Fuel rail is done... just needs coated.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 9:43 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Fuel rail is done... just needs coated.

Nice work on the fuel rail. What is next??

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Tuesday, July 12, 2011 2:25 PM
Gunmetel might not be bad if your wanting to match the gunmetal on the exterior. if you do your fuel rail and intake gunmetal i'd proalby keep match the gunmetal with them. don't want to get to many diffrent colors or its just going to look thrown in there. try to keep the diffrent colors to a minimum if u can.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, July 12, 2011 2:45 PM
sndsgood wrote:Gunmetel might not be bad if your wanting to match the gunmetal on the exterior. if you do your fuel rail and intake gunmetal i'd proalby keep match the gunmetal with them. don't want to get to many diffrent colors or its just going to look thrown in there. try to keep the diffrent colors to a minimum if u can.

yeah whatever gets gunmetal, it will be powdercoated at the same time to keep them the same color... same with anything else colored, it will all be coated the same color, at the same time. only thing that wont is the valve cover and brandon has to paint that.

next everything goes to the coaters, then its assembly and front end paint i believe. his ocd is forcing him to clean up my wiring haha. ?I cant thank him enough for the work he is doing.

Saturday, July 23, 2011 9:57 AM
Its coaters time!
Going with.....
Gunmetal
Turbo compressor
fuel rail
intake manifold
coolant tank
motor mount
coil pack cover

flat/satin black
charge pipes
turbo intake
might swap fuel rail to flat/satin to break up the gunmetal.

Sunburst orange metallic II
valve cover

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search