Rest In Peace baby, I will miss you - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rest In Peace baby, I will miss you
Sunday, October 30, 2011 8:17 PM
On Thursday, October 20th 2011 I suffered a tragic loss. My 2003 Sunfire, of which I have owned for 3 years lost its life. Possibly at my own hand for being daring and trying to traverse a washed out roadway, but that doesn't change the fact that she left me far, far too soon. The intake sucked up a substantial amount of water causing the engine to hydrolock. Here are some photos to commemorate her life, beginning to end.

And the replacement

Re: Rest In Peace baby, I will miss you
Sunday, October 30, 2011 8:25 PM
sorry to hear, i though that was your car i seen on kijiji

Sunday, October 30, 2011 9:16 PM
How much for the sunfire?

Sunday, October 30, 2011 9:44 PM
She's been sold already.

Monday, October 31, 2011 4:25 AM
Sorry to hear about your car.. How do you like the cruze? Is it the 1.4 turbo?

Monday, October 31, 2011 6:03 AM
definitely like the sunfire more.

and lol @ the off road in mud pic.

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Monday, October 31, 2011 7:21 AM
It's the 1.8L, I love it so far. Complete opposite of what the Sunfire was, its quiet, comfortable haha

Monday, October 31, 2011 8:48 AM
Good choice on the new replacement!
Monday, October 31, 2011 10:34 AM
Peeves wrote:
Almost looks like the mud says "Hi"
Great pics, sucks it went out like that!

RIP JessE -- You are not forgotten! | FaceBook | G+
Monday, October 31, 2011 11:13 AM
I remember seeing this car first on the 'Deth forums a few years ago she will be missed!

I need a new sig.
Monday, October 31, 2011 1:31 PM
Hang on....so your car needed an engine....so you bought a brand new car??

Congrats I spose

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq

Monday, October 31, 2011 2:07 PM
^ exactly what I was thinking!

Not only a downgrade in power and sexyness, but now you have monthly payments. But whatever works for you. Enjoy

BUY MY SAAB TURBO SETUP! --> http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/61091/
Monday, October 31, 2011 2:24 PM
I've been out of love with the car for quite some time, and dropping over half the car's value into fixing the uncomfortable, rattly, "sexy" hunk of junk isn't feasible to me. Not to mention the time needed to get it back up and running isn't something i need.

Monday, October 31, 2011 7:22 PM
Couldve been back up and running in a day for ~300 bucks. But hey, nice Cruze.
Monday, October 31, 2011 7:59 PM
Do tell?

Monday, October 31, 2011 8:47 PM
Peeves wrote:I've been out of love with the car for quite some time, and dropping over half the car's value into fixing the uncomfortable, rattly, "sexy" hunk of junk isn't feasible to me. Not to mention the time needed to get it back up and running isn't something i need.

That's cool and all, but it seems like you started the thread talking about how the car is your baby and you will miss it and it was the love of your life, etc. and then you said it wasn't worth fixing because you fell out of love with it and didn't want to put the money into it. So I am kinda confused about your feelings on the car. Either way, the new car seems nice, I haven't really seen them in person so I wouldn't know much about it, but its new so I assume it has some decent creature comforts. Congrats.

Monday, October 31, 2011 9:46 PM
Set of rims and a drop and the Cruze will be sharp! Sucks about the Sunfire, but good luck with the new ride!

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Tuesday, November 01, 2011 10:06 AM
Karnage wrote:
Peeves wrote:I've been out of love with the car for quite some time, and dropping over half the car's value into fixing the uncomfortable, rattly, "sexy" hunk of junk isn't feasible to me. Not to mention the time needed to get it back up and running isn't something i need.

That's cool and all, but it seems like you started the thread talking about how the car is your baby and you will miss it and it was the love of your life, etc. and then you said it wasn't worth fixing because you fell out of love with it and didn't want to put the money into it. So I am kinda confused about your feelings on the car. Either way, the new car seems nice, I haven't really seen them in person so I wouldn't know much about it, but its new so I assume it has some decent creature comforts. Congrats.

It was my first car, so naturally i did love it. The saying "It was fun while it lasted" rings true here, the vehicle itself is not worth that much, its 8 years old, needed maintenance in addition to what happened to it. I wasn't prepared to sink $1500+ into the vehicle when truth be told it isn't worth much more than that (paints bad, base model no options). Not to mention I've gotten past the loud exhausts, sporty suspensions, terrible interiors and extremely uncomfortable seats for long distances. I just wanted something quiet, comfortable, with 4 doors and nice looks. I got that with the Cruze.

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 4:54 PM
With the way this started, I was expecting to see a wad of twisted metal in a ditch. Reading that it was just a motor is kind of disappointing in a way, knowing that a friend, a case of beer and a junkyard could have salvaged the issue.. err, the problem at hand. A need for $1500 in repairs implies poor maintenance throughout it's life. The fact that, at least in the pics, the body looks really clean makes this even more sad. I hope it went to a good home. As for the Cruze.. just another car that won't have the personality and history that the Cavalier did, and will be gone with the next generation of GM small cars. Albeit, the front end of these things are downright sexy. I hope you mod it at least a little bit.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Wednesday, November 02, 2011 5:09 PM
Sorry to hear about the Sunfire . It was definitely a clean, beautiful car (especially when you look at the pictures of how it looked when you first got it ).

Congratulations on the Cruze! They are very nice looking little cars. I totally understand what you mean about getting past the loud exhaust, sporty suspension, etc. Those are the exact reasons I traded my Sunfire Sedan in for the Vibe almost three years ago. Yes, having a car payment sucks, but when you have grown up and grown out of the modified car scene, it's worth it to have a brand new car that's comfortable and having the peace of mind knowing that you are the only one who's driven it. It's also nice having that warranty for the first three years. I have gone down this road personally and I can guarantee you won't regret it. I am looking forward to a progress thread in the Other Cars Forum. As Evan said, I hope you do at least some small stuff to it. I have done some minor things to my Vibe, but nothing major (i.e. suspension and exhaust) like I did with the Sunfires. It's so nice having a quiet vehicle that rides smooth and doesn't bounce all over the place . Enjoy the Cruze!

Thursday, November 03, 2011 10:16 AM
I like the cruze, I wouldn't mind ditching my G6 for one. They seem to be a really nice car.

2009 Ford Mustang V6

Thursday, November 10, 2011 8:37 PM
Thanks guys, I love the car so far. And the more I drive it the more I come up with some ideas for things to do with it. Probably start with some tint, and I'd like to black out the Chevy badges on the front and rear. Rims possibly in the spring, black with a chrome lip again maybe a 5 spoke design. It would look fantastic lowered, but I don't want to begin going into form over function again.

Friday, November 11, 2011 6:38 PM
Peeves wrote:Do tell?

You can buy an eco motor for $300 bones or less, all it takes is a day of your time to do the swap.
Friday, November 11, 2011 8:36 PM
I honestly couldn't the cheapest in my area I could find was $800, and I lack the skill and the place to do a swap. Its over and done with now anyways, I don't regret the decision I made. Yes I could have repaired the car, when it came down to it did I actually want to? No.

Friday, November 11, 2011 11:20 PM
It also helps that you have the credit and finances needed to get a new car. Foreclosure has ruined mine.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search