newt goes to the dyno (so thats why it didn't run 12's) - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: newt goes to the dyno (so thats why it didn't run 12's)
Wednesday, November 16, 2011 2:31 PM
newt wrote:Haha you should be!

Might hit up the JBO bash in 2012, if there is one, I've been meaning to go for years....I figure I have to attend at least one.

If your there, free rides for all!

I'm also hoping to attend the 2012 Bash (if it happens), so that can be where I get my ride. lol

FU Tuning

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 5:26 PM
good numbers Newt, definately need some custom grind's in there. and i'm still thinking a better intake mani on it though i don't know what kind that would be. lol

i rarely come to this site anymore, but i do make sure to check your threads while i'm here!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 7:46 PM
LE5 Manifold will remain for 2012 I think....nothing out there that is well set-up for an all-motor car. I could get a custom one made, but at this point I'm not looking to spend a ton more money on this car.

I just wanna run a freaking 12 so I can start my new project! LOL

I will probably get a new TB tho, currently running a OEM bored 62.5mm unit. The plenum opening of a LE5 manifold is around 68mm IIRC. Probably switch over to a GM V6 TB and just make a custom adaptor in the spring. Some decent options out there in the 65-68mm region, that should help with the upper RPM breathing.

No idea what I'm going to do for cams yet, I will have to call Comp and see if they grind their cams from blanks or if they just regrind. I REALLY don't wanna have to run the bates solid lash adjusters.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 9:37 PM
christ man. that's AWESOME!!! if there is a 2012 Bash, I will DRIVE to Scudzbury and cruise down with you once I get my beast breathing properly. we should be at similar HP numbers by then.

I need a new sig.
Saturday, November 19, 2011 4:51 AM
I don't see them in your profile, but do you run adjustable cam gears? Maybe some fiddling with cam timing (retard overall and increase overlap) would shift peak power higher and maybe gain a couple ponies. Just going out on a limb, you'd only see it on the dyno I'm sure.

Monday, November 21, 2011 1:25 PM
This is true, I'll give the new cams a shot and see how it goes, been meaning to call Comp but just haven't got around to it yet.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search