The secret project! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The secret project!
Monday, November 28, 2011 2:32 PM
SeamlessZ24 is back! I got the car back this summer.... kept it a secret till now.... im going to re-do the car again this winter. Plans are to re-paint the car more of a settle color, getting the seats re-upholstered, modifing the bc2 front. The guy who bought this car called me this summer and asked if i would like to buy the car back i said no i didnt have the money, so he loved the quality of my work, and asked if i would do a restoration job on his camaro for a trade...... pretty cool.

heres the begining of the front bumper, filled all the holes with fiberglass and chop matt, and filled the gap where the hood meets the bumper. I will eventualy cut holes out for a custom grill, unless the all shaved look turns out good? Also plan on making a hood to actualy line up with the lights.

Re: The secret project!
Monday, November 28, 2011 2:36 PM
another pic. but the hood isnt shut all the way

Monday, November 28, 2011 2:39 PM
Lol I look forward to seeing your work as usual.

Monday, November 28, 2011 2:39 PM
Monday, November 28, 2011 3:31 PM
Awesome. BTW, I have a girlfriend that is kinda loud... How much would it cost to do the same thing to her?

Monday, November 28, 2011 3:37 PM
Freelancer1988 wrote:Awesome. BTW, I have a girlfriend that is kinda loud... How much would it cost to do the same thing to her?
x2 lol!

2010 Lonestar Bash 2nd place J-Body Street Class
2011 texas heatwave 2nd place american compact street class
Monday, November 28, 2011 4:31 PM
ha ha great idea... u got me mixing resin as we speak! lol

Monday, November 28, 2011 4:44 PM
Monday, November 28, 2011 5:25 PM
if you read im cutting holes out, this is obviously not done. im making a custom grill. so its not like every cavalier out their.

Monday, November 28, 2011 7:09 PM
cool to see it back, and i'm glad you're having the seats redone, you always did nice work, i just didn't necessarily always like the style

Monday, November 28, 2011 7:51 PM
I am pumped! This is a good enough reason to start spending some time on here again.

Monday, November 28, 2011 8:03 PM
Im actually glad u got this back I want to see it finished and pimped out

GMR has got nothing on this
Monday, November 28, 2011 8:45 PM
Paint that up and it'll look like you have an EV1.

Cool work. Ever since I got my car I've wanted the bumper to flow into the hood without a gap.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Monday, November 28, 2011 9:41 PM
is that the same car thats in your signature?
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 2:22 AM
Very nice, in to see how that turns out
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 3:57 AM
Mike, make an air diverter under the car to have the air flow up to the radiator. A few people that run a full fiberglass front have done this, but they are normally on dedicated race cars.

Paint the catcher black like old muscle car people do, and you can hardly see it.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 4:21 AM
make sure you post allot of pics, will be fun seeing someone doing some heavy modding again. as for a more subtle color. its a seamless chop top show piece. nothing about it is subtle.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 7:44 AM
Yes - lots of pics it's always interesting to watch you as you progress through the stages.

Agreed with above by the way - the car in itself stands out, why not keep it a standout colour? I wasn't a fan of that green you used but this orange/yellow has always been fantastic on this version of your car. I really hope you don't go super-subtle, I don't think it would suit.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 8:46 AM
Im planning on painting the car the brightest white as possible, with a satin finish. Everything will be black and white satin. I disagree with a standout bright color like the orange because it takes away from all the extreme body work that has been done. I think the white will be loud still, but very clean looking.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 8:48 AM
But your body work seems so nice and white is known for hiding flaws in the body work.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 8:59 AM
This post is just what Ive been waiting for! Im so happy you got your car back bro! Just like Jason said "will be fun seeing someone doing some heavy modding again"!!!

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 9:53 AM
SeamlessZ24 wrote:Im planning on painting the car the brightest white as possible, with a satin finish. Everything will be black and white satin. I disagree with a standout bright color like the orange because it takes away from all the extreme body work that has been done. I think the white will be loud still, but very clean looking.

i don't think it takes away. i think it works with it. a more bland color will just make it seem less of a standout. bright orang/yellow like u had is something that will pop even if your on the other side of a parking lot or field. satin white. would just get a glance over and probalby wouldnt even pull my eyes to it. ive seen some really good cars that just end up looking more boring with a bland paintjob. just my opinion. i mean nothing is going to hide the amount of work youve done. it has no top and no doors.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 10:23 AM
this car makes me wanna shave my doors lol, and watch all that bland white talk
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 10:31 AM
Can't wait to see this car again. I loved the color u have on it now. Never seen a picture of it show the true color as in person. I'm sure it will look great in any color.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 11:53 AM
I miss the lime green color. Can't wait to see what you do with it next!

RIP JessE -- You are not forgotten! | FaceBook | G+
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search