Vette Wheels - Page 33 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Vette Wheels
Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:38 AM

Looks sick man, love the progress and how this has ended up

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:48 AM
MOAR PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need a new screensaver
Wednesday, December 19, 2012 9:12 AM
gah damn. I need to find me another Cav to work on.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 10:31 AM
Wednesday, December 19, 2012 12:01 PM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:I'm dancing.

With or without pants?

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 2:01 PM
Killer work ..... just not my style.
But kudos to being different, and taking you time to do it right!!!
Nice build
Thursday, December 20, 2012 7:15 PM
gtpsunfire wrote:
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:I'm dancing.

With or without pants?

I don't even own pants.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Friday, December 21, 2012 12:18 AM
jeff, i hate stretch, but I freakin love your car's look.

good job man. it's definitely coming together really nicely.

Friday, December 21, 2012 5:57 AM
Woot.

Friday, December 21, 2012 2:21 PM
Very sweet indeed. I really dig what you got going on with this car. One of the only few reasons I check this site anymore.

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Friday, December 21, 2012 8:29 PM
I logged in just to tell you bad ass job...

That is all

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879

Friday, December 21, 2012 9:42 PM
Thank you, guys! I really appreciate the kind words.

Went out to the shop tonight with very little motivation. But, slowly but surely I dealt with a lot of metal work tonight.

My rear transmission mount has stumped me since I lifted the engine. Initially, when I raised the engine, I had zero plans of a shaved/tucked bay, so I had function > form in mind the entire time. It is/was an eye sore and needed to be dealt with. Much like the front one, I smoothed it in, rounded it out, blah blah blah.

I managed to destroy my last flap disc, so it is not as smooth and shaped as I would normally like to show you guys, but you know I'll get to fixing it.

Here's what I started with, yuck.

And how I left it tonight:

And here are a few randoms of the bay from 20 minutes ago, very, very few holes left, and all about the size of a finger nail. I hope to have the metal work done tomorrow, and be ahead of my goal of having it completed Sunday evening.

Saturday, December 22, 2012 7:29 AM
You can fit a 2.5 inch pipe under your subframe??? UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!

Saturday, December 22, 2012 9:48 AM
4" downpipe. eyebrow style.

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Saturday, December 22, 2012 12:00 PM
Yeah... run it through the passenger firewall / floor... no one will notice.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Saturday, December 22, 2012 12:34 PM
Great work man! Really is going to be a masterpiece when completed!!!

Monday, December 24, 2012 8:39 AM
Oh baby you have a dirty rack.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Monday, December 24, 2012 1:21 PM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:Oh baby you have a dirty rack.

So dirty, I love it.

Thursday, December 27, 2012 8:43 PM
Got the engine back in tonight, I swear I'm getting WAY too good at this. Sat on the stool and stared at the engine mount area for quite a while, and finally laid down a design on some paper. Measured it up and finalized a couple drawings. Hopefully my cousin will fold up the first major piece of it tomorrow and from there I can finish the rest of the mount over the weekend. :eyebrows

For now, here's some pictures of the engine in it's home.... again, this time with both wheel tubs and 90% of the metal work finished.

Thursday, December 27, 2012 8:49 PM
Hurry the @!#$ up. I wanna see how it's really done.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:00 PM
Wow man that just looks so amazing! Simply great work Jeff!

Friday, December 28, 2012 5:42 AM
This is bad for my brain, but all I hear is that Get Low song from Lil Jon, every time I see that tubbed bay of sexy-ness. Love it.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:47 PM
wut wut, in the butt.
put it in durr bert

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:59 PM
Well, there's been a bunch missed in here since the forum crash. I'll just copy and paste from my Stance|Works build thread.

Went to the shop late last night with some motivation and intent on starting and finishing part two of my engine mount re-design. I almost immediately @!#$ it up, but all was not lost. I decided it was a good chance to make it work and just to verify that this was going to work and look decently.

I'm happy to say that it will. I preach constantly about measuring three-thousand times and cutting once, but I got jumpy last night and now I get to start over. Regardless, the few hours I spent last night were not a total waste.

Started with this:

Which turned into this (you can see that I cut the vertical height too short, poop):

And mocked up in the bay:

I'm very happy with how it turned out, it pleases me to see that it is very tucked in to the engine.

I'll get it redone this week. We're getting closer! Soon enough I'll be able to build a new downpipe and charge pipes, and start doing the fun stuff again.

Haven't worked on the car in a few days, dealt with some issues on the S10 I've been putting off for a while.

Not a very exciting update, but I spent most of the night pulling what interior was left out, and began also removing the rest of the wiring from the car.

After staring at the firewall from the inside, I gained a couple new ideas and improved on a few previous ones. I'm not going to elaborate on anything just yet, it might be letting certain cats out of bags that they shouldn't be let out of yet.

Anyways, here's what I left it looking like tonight.

I'll finish tearing the rest of the body harness out tomorrow as well as any remaining interior.

Here we go again.

RIGHT HAND DRIVE

So. This week, so far, has been spent contacting importers in search of a half-cut. Importing an entire car is 100% out of the question.

Importers SUCK. No one even will look. I've contacted at least eight separate places so far, all basically tell me to go @!#$ myself before I even tell them what I'm looking for.

As far as working on the car goes, finished gutting it. Looks about ready for the wrecking yard.

Also got the left side metal work almost completely buttoned up. Just need to finish the unibody underside. I've got lots to keep me going until this RHD thing is sorted out. I said it's happening, so it's going to @!#$ happen.

Picture time. Hurrah.

Also picked up/was gifted a new intercooler without meaning to.

Considerabley larger.

Boring update is boring. Sorry!

There you have it.
Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:53 PM
Cool beans, great work.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search