The time is finally coming.... - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: The time is finally coming....
Thursday, April 05, 2012 4:25 PM
Micah (Shadowfire) wrote:Buy my R5s!

After discussing this with ^^ via facebook, I actually am going to be taking his virtually new STD R5s.

Thursday, April 05, 2012 5:23 PM
Did he get the new sleeves? Does he still have his old sleeves? the shorter ones? I will PM him

Thursday, April 05, 2012 6:00 PM
Not to deter a sale, or say anything against the guy selling those... but I see so many mixed reviews on STD suspension products, especially to do with poor design, fitment, adjustments, and over all R&D just not being up to par, I would research hardcore before going with that brand. People like H&R, Hotchkis, Eibach, etc... all have a track record, budget to do the R&D and proven products for so long, it would be tough to trust something as important as suspension to someone relatively new to the game, super small in scale, and with already spotty reviews. Just looking out....

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, April 05, 2012 6:12 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Not to deter a sale, or say anything against the guy selling those... but I see so many mixed reviews on STD suspension products, especially to do with poor design, fitment, adjustments, and over all R&D just not being up to par, I would research hardcore before going with that brand. People like H&R, Hotchkis, Eibach, etc... all have a track record, budget to do the R&D and proven products for so long, it would be tough to trust something as important as suspension to someone relatively new to the game, super small in scale, and with already spotty reviews. Just looking out....

the problems are all fixed once the correct rear sleeves were sent. That was the only problem with them. Id attribute that to the poor design part. But as for fitment, they fit perfect, adjustment, smooth and easy to calculate with the marker numbers. You can look at their track record. They are on a lot of drift cars, as well as a lot of road race cars. Small company building rep fast.

Thursday, April 05, 2012 6:16 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Did he get the new sleeves? Does he still have his old sleeves? the shorter ones? I will PM him

Yeah he got the longer sleeves for em, so they are ok to put on, lol.

Thursday, April 05, 2012 6:35 PM
Yeah fitment and everything was fine with these, and the quality is very nice. The only problem I had with them was the original short mounts, but STD did send me the longer ones. Only reason I'm selling them is because I'd rather sink the money into the truck I'm building.

Thursday, April 05, 2012 7:06 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Not to deter a sale, or say anything against the guy selling those... but I see so many mixed reviews on STD suspension products, especially to do with poor design, fitment, adjustments, and over all R&D just not being up to par, I would research hardcore before going with that brand. People like H&R, Hotchkis, Eibach, etc... all have a track record, budget to do the R&D and proven products for so long, it would be tough to trust something as important as suspension to someone relatively new to the game, super small in scale, and with already spotty reviews. Just looking out....

I did debate going with a different setup, but decided on STDs since they are what I've wanted for awhile now. I loved how they rode in PJ's Cav and it's a plus that they have pillowball mounts on each corner. When it comes down to it, I need coil overs/adjustable ride height on this car... so a generic spring/shock setup wouldn't cut it.

Friday, April 06, 2012 4:53 PM

I have R3s on two of my cars and love them. The only problem with the R5s was the really short sleeve for the bottom of the rears, other than that I'd recommend them.

can't wait for you to come home jess!

Friday, April 06, 2012 5:22 PM
Me too! I'll be seein you this summer one way or another!! Lol.

Feel like picture whoring, lol...

Rear/sides aren't changing aside from paint

Friday, April 06, 2012 5:31 PM
Have these sitting in the trunk awaiting install when I return. As well as Jeffie 1/2" rear hub spacers.
Eibach front/rear sway bars.

I had cleaned up brackets too

Friday, April 06, 2012 7:25 PM
I like the new suspension setup you have Mrs. Jazer. The rear looks nice I might swap spoilers myself keep up the good work!

Sunday, April 08, 2012 1:46 PM
Mrs Jazer wrote:
Micah (Shadowfire) wrote:Buy my R5s!

After discussing this with ^^ via facebook, I actually am going to be taking his virtually new STD R5s.

You know, I'd gladly except these in trade for the paint job

Monday, April 09, 2012 7:55 AM
Haha, sorry >.< You can use the money I'm paying you to put towards some though, lol.

Monday, April 09, 2012 1:12 PM
DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) v2.0 wrote:

I have R3s on two of my cars and love them. The only problem with the R5s was the really short sleeve for the bottom of the rears, other than that I'd recommend them.

can't wait for you to come home jess!

problems have been corrected

Monday, April 09, 2012 5:33 PM
Not much, but just ordered the following, as it can be used when I swap to Eco. Since uppers are diff, I will wait til I start collecting Eco parts to grab an upper mount.

I think at Eco swap time I will also be doing the control arms/bushings, rather than doing now.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 3:44 PM
Just ordered the wheels. Focal F05 17x7.5.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 4:32 PM
Mrs Jazer wrote:Just ordered the wheels. Focal F05 17x7.5.

Good choice

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 4:39 PM
Some nice parts you got there, looking forward to some more progress

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae
Wednesday, April 11, 2012 4:05 PM
I'll just leave this here for Jess...

Picked up front end goodies today for her. Bumper, fenders, headlamps, turn markers, head lamp harness, fender brackets, and some wheel well liner parts.
Just need to track down a hood and the latch assembly, as well as fog lights.

I should have paint by the weekend, so as soon as my car is running and out of the garge I'm going to get started on painting Jess's front end.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 6:03 PM
Hey now, my stuff was there 1st..... Dont make me have to fight Jess over you....

Error: Sig not found.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 10:20 PM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:Hey now, my stuff was there 1st..... Dont make me have to fight Jess over you....

Lol, don't worry Kyle, you're still first in line...I actually have to pull your hood out of the box so I can snap some progress pics for you...evil eyes are started, just never took pics when I clean up everything before leaving for vacation.

On another note, if anyone somewhat local to Reading, PA has a stock 03-05 Sunfire hood they'd like to sell, let me or Jess know since that is still on the shopping list.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 10:32 PM
why fenders?

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 11:29 PM
^^ Thanks again Matt

I needed new fenders anyways. It appears that I got some "want to be OEM" fenders when I did my first front end swap. There's truly no room to adjust with the bolt holes and they have some other flaws as well.. so rather than salvaging them, I planned to get new ones.

Don't worry Tinkles, I won't be back in the states until the end of June anyways, so he has some time for you still =P hehe.

Thursday, April 12, 2012 12:53 AM
That front end is a much better idea than before. Aggressive yet sleeper stock.

Saturday, April 14, 2012 2:32 PM
I'm positive I have some spare grills laying around somewhere. If I can find them and you need them I will throw them in the box with the coilovers.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search