This is my j new to the forum - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: This is my j new to the forum
Monday, July 16, 2012 11:48 AM
That's fine if you don't have the equipment but at least your getting it done the right way now.. You'll be thankful you did when the repair works actually lasts.

Monday, July 16, 2012 4:56 PM
Yea I really love my car and I don't want it to be half assed. As of right now tho I ran out of money for the week so next week it will be going to the shop hopefully
Monday, July 16, 2012 5:30 PM
Awesome to hear. Glad you're getting the patches welded up! I'm tuned in to this thread to see the final fit and finish on that dash, though. I used to think Grand Am dash's were real cool looking.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 8:17 AM
I think the grand am dash looks amazing in it. Some people think it looks to big but it is actually smalles than the cavalier dash. I went to the junk yard the other day and got a grand am gear selector ad e brake assembly. So now it is just a matter of getting the dash and center console done I ca post current pics with it in the car later today.
Tuesday, July 17, 2012 10:56 AM
Cool... Glad to see u are gonna get it done the right way u won't forget it in the long run , it will look a lot better and last a lot longer then the filler would of ..... The grand am dash will look cool , glad to see someone doin something a little different ..
Tuesday, July 17, 2012 1:40 PM
Very curious to see the dash in the car!

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 4:37 PM
What kind of work is needed to make that dash fit?

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Wednesday, July 18, 2012 6:35 AM
All of the old dash has to come out including all the wiring and metal support. Once you get all of it out then you take the grand am dash support and you have to bend it in a couple spots. After that screw it on where the cavalier dash support mounted to. Then all the air duck goes where it should but there is one spot where you have to bend to make it fit. After that the top of the grand am dash does not follow the same curve ad the windshield so you will have to do some fiberglassing to make it look like it belongs. Once you have it the way you want it put the dash in and your done. By the way you will have to use wiring from a grand am because the hookups for the cluster are completely different and since my wiring is so bad I'm just going to replace it with grand am wiring.
Wednesday, July 18, 2012 6:43 AM

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 3:57 PM
That sucks. I'm no good with 'glass and don't know enough people who are that'd wanna tackle a project like that.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Thursday, July 26, 2012 6:26 PM
Well this is where I am at so far

I have finished fiberglassing and I am now onto bondo once I am done with the dash I will move on to the center console. I went to the Jung yard and got the emergency brake and gear selector and changed them out so they will work with the new center console

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search