Update on the Dirty Cavy.... lol - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Update on the Dirty Cavy.... lol
Friday, September 28, 2012 4:43 PM
Well since I got such a "warm" welcome last time I posted some out of date pics I figured I would update you guys on where "I" am at the moment.

Interior so far on the swap.

Now remember I have not done hardly any body work. So this is no where near being done.

Engine after hone.

It's not clean!

Ok, now this really pissed me off. I guess it was the reason why my brother did the roof tunnel. To cover this @!#$ up. I guess he let a friend borrow the car and the guy thought it was ok to try to weld in a roof scoop.

And some updates on the engine bay.

Still a very long way to go.
-plaz

You drive a cavalier? Why yes... yes I do.

Re: Update on the Dirty Cavy.... lol
Friday, September 28, 2012 4:47 PM
Ohh and here's where I went with those wind splitters. Once again they're not done.

It's better but tell me what you guys think. It's this or just cutting them off.

-plaz

Friday, September 28, 2012 7:04 PM
You have a LONG way to go. I cant see any of this flowing together and looking good.

Friday, September 28, 2012 7:16 PM
Well we will have to see.

Friday, September 28, 2012 11:05 PM
I say finish the bumper if you know your fiberglass! Id like to see another project on here take shape! Good luck man!

Saturday, September 29, 2012 12:33 AM
Dude... just get an LS sport bumper and call it good... there's a lot of work there that you need to reverse + fix.
Unless you're all for the crazy unnecessary body kit on a J... then do what you're gonna do.

Please please please surprise me and make me look like an idiot for saying this.
You need some QUALITY stuff to pull that off... I hope you can do it.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Saturday, September 29, 2012 3:37 AM
Lol I agree Twenty and you guys would not have believed how the car looked when I first got it back. I mean we're talking about cut springs and everything. It was very upsetting. But I have to bring it back the car is worth it to me. We'll see how it turns out. I managed to get the slit cut in the roof welded back tonight I just gotta clean it up and that should be good.

fingers crossed!

-plaz

Saturday, September 29, 2012 3:36 PM
I have a question.
Why would you paint the engine bay before you weld in the tranny mounts??

Saturday, September 29, 2012 3:52 PM
Haha well good question. I honestly got a little over zealous. The whole subframe on that side is unpainted at the moment. It should be ok in the end.

-plaz

Saturday, September 29, 2012 4:00 PM
I will probably just do a heat resistant coat on it when I get the mounts welded. And the reason there are places that look a little bubbly are because the black was reduced with thinner. (Not the best way to go but my only choice at the moment) Well anyways it cause the candy green clear coat to not bond quite well in some places. For what I ran into during the paint job I am pretty please how it came out. <--- And also partly why I'm not so gung-ho about the flames on the bay. The exterior will be perfect and I will probably do a two tone green and black instead of blue and black.

Saturday, September 29, 2012 4:01 PM
^ idea from Mr. Quick. And I like it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search