My junk - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My junk
Tuesday, September 04, 2012 1:05 PM
here's my DD/family wagon..'02,2.2, 5 speed. just a beater, but trying to make it look presentable. 17's, HID's, fart can, usual ricer stuff... any suggestions for improvement?

Re: My junk
Tuesday, September 04, 2012 1:36 PM
I would look into a good suspension, the KYB AGX/Eibach Pro kit is a great setup for DD. Gives you a 1.4inch drop all around. Also look into front and rear sway bars. A good suspension setup will make the car a blast to drive. You could also look into poly mounts, header, better pads and rotors etc. All of this will make a huge difference and make the car handle so much better.

XtremE2200CaV: The Build has Begun
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3864109/2001-chevrolet-cavalier-sedan-4d
Tuesday, September 04, 2012 4:33 PM
def need to look into springs/struts. i just cut an old set and put them in it for now.. handles way better, but still a bit sloppy and has body roll.. whats the deal with poly vs. solid vs. stock mounts?...
Tuesday, September 04, 2012 5:53 PM
Tyler Holmes wrote: i just cut an old set and put them in it for now.. handles way better

Probably about the worst thing you could do to your suspension.
Tuesday, September 04, 2012 6:09 PM
Jason Roy wrote:
Tyler Holmes wrote: i just cut an old set and put them in it for now.. handles way better

It is, hope he fixes that before worrying about anything else.

After that. Maybe try to find the Kits off a Z-24. The body is a bit boring with out them if you ask me.

I miss my Cavalier, even if it made 100 hp on a cold day and had more suspension then it deserved.
Tuesday, September 04, 2012 8:14 PM
i cant even see the pics but i heard cut springs and am waiting for the springs to shatter and him to crash...

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 7:31 AM
to each their own.. can anyone answer my question about mounts?
Wednesday, September 05, 2012 8:57 AM
The poly mounts limit engine movement and distribute more power or torque to the wheels, i have the upper and lower mounts on my 2200. You notice a difference, and they were super cheap. Def a good mod, but the car will rattle more at idle, ESP with the upper mount. Not so sure about solid, but i know they make a solid mount for the 4t40e auto tranny, but im not sure about what else they offer as solid

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 10:12 AM
how much roughly are poly mounts? do they make replacement poly mounts for all trany/motor mounts?
Wednesday, September 05, 2012 10:20 AM
I know turbo tech makes poly mounts for the 5 speed. I know my lower dog-bone was 30 n the upper insert was 15, so about 50 for both. Im not sure what they are now price wise.

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 10:21 AM
Turbo Tech Racing would be a good start. Their mounts rock!!!

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Thursday, September 06, 2012 6:45 PM
I have RKSport upper and lower engine mounts, and TTR front and rear trans mounts. About as stiff as it gets, but you gonna think your car has developed Parkinsons. Not too bad on the wallet, either.

However, I am disturbed that you cut the springs in a car that you put your family in. EXTREMELY bad idea. I think someone needs to post pics of Coach's purple sedan for clarity...

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Monday, September 10, 2012 5:53 AM
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:...but you gonna think your car has developed Parkinsons...

This!!!

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Monday, September 10, 2012 10:30 AM
Really? I have TTR upper, RK lower, and both TTR trans inserts.. I am dissapointed with the lack of vibrating, lol. In fact, it feels virtually factory.

OP.. If you care about your family, don't let them ride in the Cavalier until it has an acceptable suspension on it. Cut springs are dangerous.

Monday, September 10, 2012 7:17 PM
From what I've heard, the TTR and RK upper mounts are night and day. I've never been in a car with TTR engine mounts myself, though, so I can't confirm.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Thursday, September 20, 2012 9:12 AM
Jason Roy wrote:

Not the worst thing but def. The dumbest thing ever. Get a real suspention or plot your grave site in advance

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Thursday, September 20, 2012 1:08 PM
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:
However, I am disturbed that you cut the springs in a car that you put your family in. EXTREMELY bad idea. I think someone needs to post pics of Coach's purple sedan for clarity...

this can't be repeated nearly enough.

It's bad enough you put other drivers safety in jeapordy with a half ass suspension that could fail at any time. It's monumentally worse to add your family into the picture.

Thursday, September 20, 2012 2:21 PM
Cut springs

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, October 08, 2012 7:54 AM
At least he named the thread properly

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search