Fatman's Wrap-up Cruise - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fatman's Wrap-up Cruise
Monday, October 15, 2012 4:09 AM
I know many others have more pics. Most of mine came out like crap, because of the sun glare. I wasn't paying much attention when I was taking the pics....

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO

Re: Fatman's Wrap-up Cruise
Monday, October 15, 2012 5:04 AM
dude sorry I forgot all about the show this weekend.

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK
Monday, October 15, 2012 8:47 AM
All that work and time, and those gaps on the front are just horrible on the RHD car. My eyes go immediately to them, not one thing fits worth a @!#$ on the front.

Take notes from the white car with the drift kit.

Monday, October 15, 2012 9:25 AM
Joe Schulte wrote:All that work and time, and those gaps on the front are just horrible on the RHD car. My eyes go immediately to them, not one thing fits worth a @!#$ on the front.

Take notes from the white car with the drift kit.

I completely agree.
WTF is up with the ground clearance?
I hope this has bags, and is driving in the up position.
The white car looks mint!!!!!
Monday, October 15, 2012 10:56 AM
Next spring my car (the black one) will be lowered. I just ran out of funds this year for them.
Monday, October 15, 2012 11:26 AM
Joe Schulte wrote:Take notes from the white car with the drift kit.

Thanks.

12.6 @ 114.6 MPH

Monday, October 15, 2012 11:58 AM
well next year lets see if the gold car has more mods done to it. I know the gold car will be stepped on with both my cars the white one is coming Nate! haha

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK
Monday, October 15, 2012 5:08 PM
my car is absent of every set of pics.
no silver z love

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 4:58 AM
^ lol pwned. J/K Matt. Few good J's in there, but that ugly teal one... meh....

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 7:11 AM
Not one of my pics of matts car turned out at all.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, October 16, 2012 4:19 PM
THE HATED ONE wrote:well next year lets see if the gold car has more mods done to it. I know the gold car will be stepped on with both my cars the white one is coming Nate! haha

Does your white car run yet?

FU Tuning

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 4:40 PM
lulzz
my car takes horrible pictures at times

Built&Boosted moar

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 6:56 PM
What the hell are the plugs on the RHD car for?
Tuesday, October 16, 2012 9:34 PM
if your referring to the ones on the front bumper, they are for the battery.
jump starting

Built&Boosted moar

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:36 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:
THE HATED ONE wrote:well next year lets see if the gold car has more mods done to it. I know the gold car will be stepped on with both my cars the white one is coming Nate! haha

Does your white car run yet?

Yes i got it to run but im having a issue having both computers talking to each other, mostly when i go to tune the car it shuts down and i have a hell of a time getting it started again. I have some up in Canada that did a complete swap like what im doing and he is coming down sometime this month to help out. After that I made another water tank that im going to try to work into the back window so it opens like a hatch back.

Im close but with everything that happen to me getting shot, its taking time to get back to where i was. John i was also thinking with the car you guys are doing down in Jax we should start a RHD Cavalier crew on this site. I would be up to paying for a host site and anyone that has a RHD can post there photos and specs on there, Let me know what you think about it.

For the Gold Cav i cant give my views on it yet till i see it in person and see how it looks first hand.

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK
Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:17 AM
and yet my car continues to get bad feedback. lol but thats ok and it is put away for the year. yes i am doing more mods. no the air ride is not on YET and is on stock springs mainly because i ran out of time and money to get the air ride. but no i have everything at home and it will be going on this winter time.

i understand the alignment doesnt fit all that well in the front end. this is a hobby that we all love to do so why is this some competition. ohh my car will stomp all over the gold car. steve come on and stop being such a hard ass about that. yes it would be cool to start a RHD cavalier crew and i would join if we all can just get along. and yes matt is right and he has seen my car a few times so far. well that is all that i have to say for now
Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:51 AM
I'm passionate about the hobby as well.

Saddens me that you can swap a firewall, but can't get exterior panels to fit with nice, even gaps. People notice that as a representation of the platform. Fit and finish is everything in a "show-car" to me. Lot of quantity but needs some quality addressed. Just being honest.

As for the terminals, you and I both know those could easily be hidden, hell I'd almost do it to avoid continuously being asked what they're for.

Not trying to give bad feedback, simply constructive criticism.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 7:31 AM
thanks i appreciate that joe. it seems like to me the firewall swap was easier than the front exterior for some odd reason i just have a hell of a time with that part. but i have plenty of time to make some changes for next year and i kknow what i got to do to make this project mych better.
Wednesday, October 17, 2012 7:52 AM
lambocavy2000 wrote:and yet my car continues to get bad feedback. lol but thats ok and it is put away for the year. yes i am doing more mods. no the air ride is not on YET and is on stock springs mainly because i ran out of time and money to get the air ride. but no i have everything at home and it will be going on this winter time.

i understand the alignment doesnt fit all that well in the front end. this is a hobby that we all love to do so why is this some competition. ohh my car will stomp all over the gold car. steve come on and stop being such a hard ass about that. yes it would be cool to start a RHD cavalier crew and i would join if we all can just get along. and yes matt is right and he has seen my car a few times so far. well that is all that i have to say for now

what the hell are you talking about being a hard ass with you? I never said anything bad about you or your car, all i said I cant say anything because i havent seen it in person. For a Air Ride on your car Im going to say NO if your going for that JDM look then get a nice racing setup, in Japan they dont do air rides! I can give you the name of the company thats on the black trd and you should be able get them from Japan or even here. But in the end its your vision and you will do what you see fit for your car all I can do and others is give our input. And again there was no attack on you or the car dont read into everything all the time.

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK
Wednesday, October 17, 2012 8:22 AM
yes i am going for the jdm look but how else am i going to get my car to sit low on the ground and yet still drive it with out messing it up when going over bumps or bad driveways in parking lots and such. the air ride is so when i get to the shows i can drop the car to the ground and make it look even better.
Wednesday, October 17, 2012 8:45 AM
Blah, the hell with "JDM" These are domestic cars and we're not in Japan. You want a JDM car, go buy one, don't try to make a US car one. USDM baby. "In Japan they don't do air ride"...Oh okay, cool, this is not Japan. I understand that there are a ton of similarities between the tradition "JDM" look and most of what we do to our cars, but these are not "JDM" cars, so there's no point to making it mirror one exactly. Air ride it up if you want. Its your car and do it how you want.
I understand what you're saying about having a hard time with the alignment. I spent weeks on just reshaping my fenders to make them fit and get rid of huge gaps.
-steps off soapbox

12.6 @ 114.6 MPH

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:01 AM
WOW anger! I guess you didnt see the rest of the post saying its his vision i was just giving pointers on if hes trying to do a jdm look nothing more. Nate you can lower the car at the shows on the black Toyota it has levels you can set it at. And YES I BOUGHT A REAL ONE FROM JAPAN thanks for asking.

SHOCKWAVE IS BACK
Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:44 AM
i dont care if our cars are usdm but i would like to make it jdm such as changing the headlights to a nissan silvia s15 convertion and other things like that.
Wednesday, October 17, 2012 12:36 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:I'm passionate about the hobby as well.

Saddens me that you can swap a firewall, but can't get exterior panels to fit with nice, even gaps. People notice that as a representation of the platform. Fit and finish is everything in a "show-car" to me. Lot of quantity but needs some quality addressed. Just being honest.

As for the terminals, you and I both know those could easily be hidden, hell I'd almost do it to avoid continuously being asked what they're for.

Not trying to give bad feedback, simply constructive criticism.

Not to mention that the harnesses are not mounted correctly. I want to like the car, but i am having a hard time.

Also, where did you find Seibon parts for a J-body?

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 2:04 PM
how are the harness not mounted correctly and please explain to me the right way mr. perfect???? and yes seibon makes carbon fiber products such as my wing and side mirrior and i got the hood from vis racing.so whats the problom.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search