My new LSS - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My new LSS
Saturday, August 03, 2013 9:03 AM
Hello everyone. I joined back in January 2013 after buying my first Cavalier, a red 2004 LSS auto 127k miles. Loved the car. Gave it a thorough Amsoil fluid treatment, FR wheel bearing, and a new battery. Was planning to tint windows, an exhaust, and maybe a lowering kit. Those plans were shot after I spun out in the rain taking a turn too quick and landed in a field. Balding tires lost traction, and the air bags deployed on the landing. Pissed myself off big time. Car still drove me to work and drove to the shop, but it was an instant total. 132k miles

Couple photos of it in general.

Wrecked photos.

At the end of June I found a nice replacement black 2003 LSS 5spd with 74k miles, haggled the price a bit and ended up buying it. Got a 7 month warranty with it, and the passenger side power window regulator, and clutch failed within the first week. They replaced both.

After that, all was good. Great gas mileage ( haven't averaged under 30mpg yet! )

Giving it some much needed paint correction.

After realizing how dumb it was to polish the car and then decide to remove the pinstripes.

And just recently.

Plans are, 3M Color Stable series tint either 20% or 5% ( their 5 turns out to a 10/11 so nearly a 15% ), an exhaust ( thinking a Borla Boomer #40060 or a Vibrant Performance muffler ), a B&M short throw for a more comfortable drive, Eiback Sportline springs ( 1.7" front 2.3" rear ), Probably Koni yellows to go with them, a '00/'02 trunk & taillight swap with a Z24 spoiler ( hate this '03s with the stupid silver bar! ). Other than that I don't want to throw a lot at it.

Suggestions welcome! Especially on strut recommendation. I want affordable but not cheap quality, always willing to save money.

'03 LS Sport 5spd, Amsoil fluids, Vibrant cat-back, 5% 3M color stable tint, Z24 trunk lid

Re: My new LSS
Saturday, August 03, 2013 9:27 AM
Nice replacement! I too hate the light bar on the 03-05 trunks. That being said, I think you should use a 00-02 trunk with the 03-05 spoiler. Luke did that with his and it looks fantastic.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, August 03, 2013 2:36 PM
This is where opinions differ with that kind of stuff. I personally thing the 03+ spoiler is one of the ugliest things about the 03+.

Looks like a good car to start on and your plans sound very subtle and cheap. Car should turn out nice for not too much money.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, August 03, 2013 4:00 PM
I prefer the 02 spoiler myself.

Saturday, August 03, 2013 6:37 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:Nice replacement! I too hate the light bar on the 03-05 trunks. That being said, I think you should use a 00-02 trunk with the 03-05 spoiler. Luke did that with his and it looks fantastic.

Is he the guy with the sunset orange car? I have seen that and I do really like the look, just unsure of how black will pull it off. Probably just as nice, would certainly save me some paint cost and money on another spoiler!

JLAudioCavalier wrote:This is where opinions differ with that kind of stuff. I personally thing the 03+ spoiler is one of the ugliest things about the 03+.

Looks like a good car to start on and your plans sound very subtle and cheap. Car should turn out nice for not too much money.

Thanks! I didn't mind my '04s so much as it had the bow tie, but this '03 has the silver bar looking things with it. Why did they make two versions? Either way I dislike them and want to get a swap going on here.

'03 LS Sport 5spd, Amsoil fluids, Vibrant cat-back, 5% 3M color stable tint, Z24 trunk lid

Saturday, August 03, 2013 9:26 PM
I have 3 Z spoilers sitting in the garage and i probably could be persuaded to let one go...

Saturday, August 03, 2013 11:53 PM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:I have 3 Z spoilers sitting in the garage and i probably could be persuaded to let one go...

Really now, feel free to send a pic or two my way, along with a quote. I'm very interested! Let me know.

Sunday, August 04, 2013 12:18 AM
always loved black j-body's. very nice man!

i have the koni yellows/sportlines all set up and ready to bolt up if you are interested... shoot me a pm.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Sunday, August 04, 2013 11:00 AM
DarrenWS6 wrote:
Y3llowCav wrote:Nice replacement! I too hate the light bar on the 03-05 trunks. That being said, I think you should use a 00-02 trunk with the 03-05 spoiler. Luke did that with his and it looks fantastic.

Is he the guy with the sunset orange car? I have seen that and I do really like the look, just unsure of how black will pull it off. Probably just as nice, would certainly save me some paint cost and money on another spoiler!

No he has a black 4 door. But damn it looks sexy from behind..

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, August 04, 2013 7:32 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:always loved black j-body's. very nice man!

i have the koni yellows/sportlines all set up and ready to bolt up if you are interested... shoot me a pm.

PM'd!

Y3llowCav wrote:
DarrenWS6 wrote:

No he has a black 4 door. But damn it looks sexy from behind..

I just saw his thread the other day, that is a fantastic looking back end! OEM enhanced!

Sunday, August 04, 2013 10:02 PM
DAT ASS! so round

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search