jbody's with bright colored wheels - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
jbody's with bright colored wheels
Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:15 PM
hey guys im going to be plastidipping my white rims a blaze purple with a pearl coat on top to see what it will look like, was wondering if any other jbo members have dipped or painted their rims an other color other than the standard black/silver/chrome.

Modding my j since I found the org

Re: jbody's with bright colored wheels
Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:39 PM
Just what is "blaze" purple?

I do believe there is a member on here with bright-ass pink wheels. I'm interested in seeing some J's that'll inspire me to run 4 different colored wheels.
Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:46 PM
It should be like this color since I'm doing it over my white rims then doing a pearl color on top of the purple

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:57 PM
I did my old srt wheels red awhile back

Tuesday, September 10, 2013 6:34 PM
you're going to have a harder time selling it with purple wheels....just sayin lol

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Tuesday, September 10, 2013 9:51 PM
Oh it's plastidip, it's temporary only until I'm not bored with the car, like I said I'm selling it just not hard up to sell if it does nice if it doesn't then oh well

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 6:07 AM
There's someone on here with baby blue wheels, too, which I think were done with plastidip.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 9:26 AM
I remember a guy with 19" it was really nice

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 10:46 AM
The 5zigens I bought off a guy with a suby plasti dipped his purple. Ruined one of the wheels because he got break fluid all over it. So be careful when removing it. Plasti dip is 'supposed' to come off clean but doesnt if you dont have a very thick coat or its in little nooks and crannies. took me a long time to clean out the lug areas and stuff without being rough on them. So be sure to use a really thick coat

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 10:49 AM
Appreciate it Derek I'm planing on doing about five coats, besides these are cheap rims until I can find some miser ones

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 12:17 PM
the nice thing about them is they dont look cheap though. I love my 5zigens and though about dipping them black, but gun metal looks great in the sun.

but here you go, this would look interesting on a silver J! http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=471769&t=470944

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 1:14 PM
yeah I love the aquametalic that those have on but im looking at trying the purple to see what it will look like in the car and eventually do a tiffany blue color

Saturday, September 14, 2013 1:29 PM
Josh Meyers wrote:I'm interested in seeing some J's that'll inspire me to run 4 different colored wheels.

I'm doing that with my Harlequin Golf. It actually makes sense on that car though lol.

Mr. Quick wrote:There's someone on here with baby blue wheels, too, which I think were done with plastidip.

I'm pretty sure you're talking about my ex gf's Z24. That was DuPont's Spa Blue, and no, it was definitely not PlastiDip. In fact, I still have her car but she took the wheels with her when she moved out. And thank God, bc I've bought and sold those damn wheels three times now. Time for them to move on permanently.

And for those having issues with removing PlastiDip, DipYourCar.com sells a solution called Dip Dissolver. It's a citrus-based spray that turns Dip back into liquid and allows you to wash it away. My aforementioned ex's car has the hood and trunk done in black, and it was laid so improperly that it won't peel. I'm stripping it and redoing it right.

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Sunday, September 15, 2013 9:42 PM
Not plastidip, but Oxford Blue.

Does that count?

Building it one piece at a time
Tuesday, September 17, 2013 5:05 AM
Evan Undead (The Black Pearl) wrote:
Mr. Quick wrote:There's someone on here with baby blue wheels, too, which I think were done with plastidip.

I'm pretty sure you're talking about my ex gf's Z24. That was DuPont's Spa Blue, and no, it was definitely not PlastiDip. In fact, I still have her car but she took the wheels with her when she moved out. And thank God, bc I've bought and sold those damn wheels three times now. Time for them to move on permanently.
No, it's a silver car, and I know it was Plastidip, because they posted recently.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 9:35 PM
I think I know who you are talking about its a 03+ cavalier on 19"s iirc, well here are some pics of the outcome on mine,

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 5:49 AM
I can see how the purple actually will look interesting with the silver (in a good way)...but is it just me or does the paint look thin? The first two pictures look like theres factory silver or white poking through and its not on the inside lip.

But I like it...I wouldnt sport it myself but it does look good with the silver!

One more thing...are your front tires facing the wrong direction? usually directionals point forward to push water 'out'

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 9:35 PM
You know I just realized my rims are backwards, no the paint is fine it's th pearl on top that makes it look like the white is showing thru
Attachments
image.jpg (925k)
image.jpg (690k)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search