Opinions on 02 Cav - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Opinions on 02 Cav
Wednesday, September 25, 2013 9:19 AM
Here are some pictures of "selene" my 02 cav. Im just looking for some opinions and constructive criticism, so please let me know what you all think.
Attachments
Rear.jpg (178k)
Interior.jpg (123k)
Pedals.jpg (158k)
Dome light.jpg (106k)
Engine.jpg (152k)

Re: Opinions on 02 Cav
Tuesday, October 08, 2013 4:56 AM
Sorry, but it looks like you went Pep Boys happy with it. Altezza tails and a bunch of red stuff thrown in the interior is not my style.

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 8:00 AM
I'll never understand these posts.

I mean no disrespect to the OP, but comon dude.

Your mods consist of ebay tail lights, ebay "racing" peddles, a steering wheel cover, seat covers, ebay intake and a tinted dome light.

I get that some people don't have a big modifying budget but all that money could of went to something much better. Modifying a car for the sake of adding a bunch of flashy coloured parts is a waste of money.

In this day anyone who is into the car scene will know that the opinion of the majority of the car community will think all of those mods look terrible.

Why even bother coming on here and asking what we think? You should know the answer.

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 12:20 PM
depends on his age too. I remember when I was 16 and I never really did it with my 69 GTO or 87 Fiero, but my 92 Z28 was blue. I wanted to try to dress it up tastefully (or so I thought as a teenager) and would put blue lights in the parking lenses and license plate area. I did still keep it stock looking though other than bigger dual exhaust (tucked).

Im with them. Opinions as you asked, Im not a fan of 'rice' upgrades. But..in your defense, those are cheap first timer mods. If you want to make it purely constructive, newt hit it on the head. If you go to any car meet or hang out, people will know right away the only things done were auto zone accessories. Youd be better off with spending time dressing up the engine bay, getting a quality set of lowering springs and some nice wheels. handling upgrades alone makes a big difference on these cars. then get a clean intake, exhaust, and maybe a short shifter and make sure the engine is healthy with a compression test, change ALL the fluids, brakes, etc. Build a solid foundation for a good clean stock car which is fairly cheap if budget is a concern.

In the end is your car and if you like the 'upgrades', that's all that matters. Just be prepared for criticism whether its constructive or not. Go to car meets locally and see what people say about certain mods as a fly on the wall. You don't need to conform to their taste but just know that when something is cheap and easily done its usually not the most tasteful 'upgrade'. Go through the sections here and look what people do. There are some cool engine paint modifications people have done that look good if they're done in a quality manner and not overly done (red or blue or yellow wire covering and paint everywhere).

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search