Phil's 2014 Build - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Phil's 2014 Build
Friday, January 03, 2014 8:49 AM
This is a continuation of my old thread. This year is going to be focused on getting projects completed instead of sitting on a pile of parts.

This is my old thread: http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=46&i=464316&t=464316

So just before the end of the year my camera died on me leaving me with only a subpar iphone camera. Luckily I got a new camera for christmas. These are a couple pics ive taken.

Eibach rear sway installed

RK Sport rear strut bar installed

New trunk liner (costly but amazing for protection) I picked red for a little stand out versus the grey.

New floor mats for the front

Parts for my headlight retrofit

Re: Phil's 2014 Build
Friday, January 03, 2014 10:26 AM
Where did you get your floor mats?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Friday, January 03, 2014 11:36 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:Where did you get your floor mats?

This!

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Friday, January 03, 2014 1:30 PM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:
-MD- Enforcer wrote:Where did you get your floor mats?

This!

Third'd, Floor mats plox

Friday, January 03, 2014 3:14 PM
I'm sure he can tell us exactly but they're a gm part number. You can get them through gmpartsdirect I believe. I also know that it takes awhile because no one stocks them so they have them made when you order them. I need to grab a set myself.

Looking great man, interested to see where you take it from here!

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, January 04, 2014 4:19 PM
Thanks..

The front mats are:12495315
They have matching rears and they are:12495253

GM parts direct has them but I got mine from Crateenginedepot.com. They did take a little bit to show up. Ill be ordering the rear mats one of these days im sure.
Thursday, January 09, 2014 4:57 PM
how do you like the rear sway bar by the way? It was night and day difference for me.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, January 09, 2014 5:13 PM
is that the stuff they lay under backer board thats in your trunk?

Cant wait for updates man

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, January 09, 2014 6:49 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:is that the stuff they lay under backer board thats in your trunk?

Cant wait for updates man

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lloyd-RUBBERTITE-All-Weather-Rubber-Trunk-Mat-Choose-from-13-Colors-9B3A-/380716645309?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ACavalier&hash=item58a4 7afbbd

This is where I got it. Its thick thick rubber. Fits well, but the pass side corner needed a little trim.

The rear sway was a nice upgrade. Although I have the stock rear stiffening bar so it rode fairly level to begin with.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, January 10, 2014 3:47 AM
Monday, February 03, 2014 5:52 AM
Looking good so far dude btw I went on Crateenginedepot.com and can't seem to find the floor mats.
Monday, February 03, 2014 5:59 AM
Austin Kaufeler wrote:Looking good so far dude btw I went on Crateenginedepot.com and can't seem to find the floor mats.
nvm I found them lol

Monday, February 03, 2014 6:00 AM
Austin Kaufeler wrote:Looking good so far dude btw I went on Crateenginedepot.com and can't seem to find the floor mats.

They're 40 bucks on www.gmpartsdirect.com

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, February 03, 2014 6:19 AM
Phil have you started the retrofit yet? Interested in how it turns out..

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, February 06, 2014 6:22 AM
Ive done a test a while back with a garbage projector but the exact same setup that im going to run. It shows what its going to look like. Its in my old thread.

I haven't decided if im going to order new headlights for this or not. I have some lenses that are in great shape, but that and time are holding me back. I work out of town up north in a camp so I dont get much time off, and when I do get off I am beat.
Sunday, May 04, 2014 9:07 AM
Well haven't done much to the Cav in a while. Kinda been holding off for summer really, as well as im planning on moving and ill have a garage to work in finally. But this is one of the first mods ive done this year.

More to come though as im gaining momentum.

I got a 3.1 pulley from Smoothflow for Christmas a year ago! Finally got around to putting it on this weekend.

First time taking the charger off, mind the dirtiness. Winter still here.

Parts to do the install

During install

Installed

Sunday, May 04, 2014 10:04 AM
Well. Would you look at that. A sexy damn engine bay.
Have you tuned it? Or do you have the Reflash to compensate?

Where are you moving to? Out of town/province?
Sunday, May 04, 2014 12:13 PM
Just on the reflash at this point. Surprising I still got alot of fuel. sitting at about 11.0 afr. It doesnt compensate for anything but it runs very rich so it can handle the extra boost. Not ideal though. I have Hptuners but need to get some credits and a plug so I can hook my wideband up to it.

Just moving back to the interior. Okanagan area. Cant handle Van anymore, absolutely hate it here.
Sunday, May 04, 2014 12:25 PM
That what I meant with the reflash. Handling it and all.

I hear you on the whole Van thing. Can't stand it here either. I'm massively enrolling myself into the rest of my appreticeship so that I can complete my Red Seal and use it to work in Australia perhaps (One of my dreams). So damn expensive/annoying living in Vancouver. And just knowing that you most likely will never be able to afford a house you "want" here in Vancouver, is enough to make me want to leave. Got to save up and work towards getting my ass out of town.
Sunday, May 04, 2014 1:26 PM
All I can say....work up north...
Monday, May 05, 2014 8:40 AM
Looking good! How are you enjoying the 3.1's responsiveness? I still think that's the best overall pulley for an m62 setup.

Living in Boston(which is still way cheaper than Vancouver), I completely understand what you guys are saying about living there. Any house that I would even consider living in is way out of my price range or too far away from work. Heck I'm barely affording my rent now and it still takes me an hour and a half to get to work!

Anyway, keep up the great work and report back with your thoughts on the new pulley!

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, May 05, 2014 9:36 AM
The new pulley is alright.

I think it pulls a little harder but not sure. It does seem to make higher boost at lower throttle positions though. Really I need to work on tuning it, as I think thats what really is holding me back. I havent got to play with my car much since I put the pulley on. I dont drive it much these days.

I am only getting 10-11 psi on this pulley. Is that normal?

Monday, May 05, 2014 10:11 AM
Philly D wrote:The new pulley is alright.

I think it pulls a little harder but not sure. It does seem to make higher boost at lower throttle positions though. Really I need to work on tuning it, as I think thats what really is holding me back. I havent got to play with my car much since I put the pulley on. I dont drive it much these days.

I am only getting 10-11 psi on this pulley. Is that normal?

I was seeing more like 12-13psi but I'm running the l61 pacesetter so that could be the difference. Plus my exhaust has a few choke points in it. 2 psi isn't much of a difference so I'd be inclined to say you're on the money,

I don't like to rag on the reflash as it works well for what it is but you'll notice a HUGE difference in the responsiveness of the car on a solid custom tune. I can't speak enough to how it unlocked the potential of my car. Partial throttle and partial boost situations benefited immensely from Ryan's work with hpt. I'm sure the overall whp numbers increased as well but the partial boost areas and overall smoothness of acceleration were the most notable for sure.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, May 05, 2014 10:12 AM

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, May 05, 2014 4:29 PM
Phil have you got a spare ECU for when you do start tuning?
Monday, May 05, 2014 9:17 PM
Ya im pretty sure I have a couple kicking around the house.
Monday, May 05, 2014 11:21 PM
I recognize that coil cover!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search