Cavy141530's build thread - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cavy141530's build thread
Thursday, January 09, 2014 7:59 PM
So I decided since i was starting to build my cavalier I'd start a build thread... So here it is:
Current Mods:
AEM Cold Air Intake
Prothane Contral Arm Bushings
TTR Transmission Mount
Moog Sway Bar Bushings

Mods in progress:
New clutch/slave
M62 Supercharger Kit
42# Lucas Injectors
ZZP s3 H/E
Fidanza Short Throw Shifter
Boost gauge
AEM UEGO AFR Gauge
lowered
addco sway bar
Attachments
025.JPG (746k)
024.JPG (668k)
cavy.jpg (9k)

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker

Re: Cavy141530's build thread
Friday, January 10, 2014 3:57 AM
Sub'ed. Hope the sc install goes well man!

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, January 10, 2014 6:01 AM
x2^ Good luck bud!

Saturday, January 11, 2014 7:26 PM
Got the manifold and coolant mines run, ran into a problem, forgot I needed a tb adapter, so waiting on that to come in, got my idi "supercharged" cover installed. Cleaned up my intake manifold good
Attachments
image.jpg (110k)
image.jpg (117k)
image.jpg (109k)

"If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." - Paul Walker
Monday, January 20, 2014 8:13 PM
got my injectors installed, heat exchanger all ran, my iat threaded in, all my coolant, vacuum lines ran.
Still trying to figure out my ic pump wiring, I cannot get it to come on with a key on, I believe I need one more wire, I have a positive and negative, but I think I need another line running into a "key on". Got all my bushings installed, and lowered. Gotta finish the ic pump wiring, and wire my boost gauge and AEM UEGO gauge, and add the tb adapter and everythings ready to be tuned!

Monday, January 20, 2014 10:25 PM
I take it you guys found the right size tap for the IAT after I left? What size since I can't remember from when I did mine, lol.

For your IC pump, you do need a key on source if your running a relay (which you should be). Unwrap the bundle of wires coming out of your fuse box in the engine bay, and tap into a pink wire...any one in there, they are all key on sources.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 2:44 AM
EVILution (KGMs FrankenCav) wrote:I take it you guys found the right size tap for the IAT after I left? What size since I can't remember from when I did mine, lol.

For your IC pump, you do need a key on source if your running a relay (which you should be). Unwrap the bundle of wires coming out of your fuse box in the engine bay, and tap into a pink wire...any one in there, they are all key on sources.

Rob didn't have one but I found a thread one here that said 5/8 drill but a 3/8-18 npt tap

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 2:53 AM
You need to run a relay. Don't just hook the positive wire for the pump to one of those wires. I went to the junk yard and clipped one from a truck that had a nice water proof plug on the bottom for mine.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, January 21, 2014 11:10 AM
i got a fog light harness from walmart and im gonna be using that for the ic pump

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:01 PM
Chris Bruce wrote:i got a fog light harness from walmart and im gonna be using that for the ic pump

Good deal man. You said you do have a pigtail for the pump right? If not I have some. And if the relay harness you grabbed is the same as mine, I believe its a white wire off the relay that you'd connect to the key on source

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 7:16 PM
Good deal man. You said you do have a pigtail for the pump right? If not I have some. And if the relay harness you grabbed is the same as mine, I believe its a white wire off the relay that you'd connect to the key on source

Yeah i have a pigtail with two wires coming from my pump

Friday, January 24, 2014 8:44 PM
Got my front coils installed, tb adapter hooked up, tranny back together, almost all electricals, running my gauges tomorrow!

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 6:49 PM
Gotta love working on cars, almost done, then run into another problem..., the lower radiator hose that runs into the overflow tank keeps touching my pulley and belt, shortened it a little and it still touches, not sure how to fix that... Found that I need a new ball joint, the car is all hooked up and if it was aligned I could drive it home... Also purchased a 2nd wiring harness for the injectors so I can run it with the bypass valve open and run stock injectors til it's tuned.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:46 AM
The supercharger installation instructions say you need to trim that hose down. Have you cut it back as far as possible?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:47 AM

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, January 29, 2014 4:06 AM
Zip tie it out of the way.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 5:29 AM
^^ Nailed it.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 8:51 AM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:Zip tie it out of the way.

We cut it back and zip tied it, outta the way now

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 4:36 PM
FYI the pigtail for the pump is the same as the injector pigtail for 96-98 LD9's.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 6:48 PM
And ford taurus 3.8l's
Wednesday, January 29, 2014 7:33 PM
yeah i have the pump all hooked up just finishing up some odds and ends, running into "i need this, or i need to replace that"... ya know, nothings ever simple lol

Saturday, February 01, 2014 8:44 PM
Time for an update, got new control arms installed with prothane bushings, along with new moog sway bar bushings. Everything supercharger install is done except for tune & gauges. We went to bleed clutch and the pedal won't depress, when we turn the axles we can hear that's it's not aligned.... Time to pull and re align wedsenday & Thursday...
Attachments
image.jpg (166k)
image.jpg (134k)

Wednesday, February 05, 2014 9:37 AM
link to my photobucket for all my photos of the build... since i cant get them all on here

Wednesday, February 05, 2014 9:42 AM
Open the photo in photobucket. Copy the direct link. Click the picture button in the forum (to the left of the chain[indicating link]). Paste direct link from photobucket.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, February 05, 2014 9:45 AM
My question is did you figure out what engine and injectors you are running?

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Wednesday, February 05, 2014 9:50 AM
Rob Dotterer wrote:My question is did you figure out what engine and injectors you are running?
yes :p my engine and my injectors lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search