flat winter beater - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
flat winter beater
Sunday, December 08, 2013 10:03 PM
not quite done. but almost...

thinking of painting the hood and spoiler black. or a big nasty black stripe offset over the top of the car

the darker glossy paint you might see under my hood and in the jams was some single stage crap i found that dried fast. all done by me. had my lil bro come help me sand out the primer before i painted it just to speed up the process a bit

shaved trunk lock, shaved gas door, filler neck moved to trunk jam, shaved pass side door lock, rebuilt carbon fiber hood, spoiler fit from some random car, freebie from a bud.
lowering kit in the trunk waiting to be installed, rebuilt struts with adjustable coil-overs, new set of winter boots with 15" steelies, light weight crank pully, a/c delete, big bore throttle body, cold air intake, 2.2 coil swap, poly motor mounts, 10k hid's, on the 3rd motor. @!#$ty f^@$%$&(*(# 2.4 motors. still have to re-tint the tails and install.

the hood when i started: i went to a guys house, who hit a deer, to get some parts off his wrecked cavi, and he had the busted hood. and gave it to me for free.
fit with duct tape. i cut all the carbon support out from underneath, because it was wrecked, and mounted it to a stock cavalier inner hood structure with panel bond. ground out and fiberglassed every thing, sanded down the old resin and recovered the entire outside of the hood to fix all the pits and pressure cracks, body worked with some 2 part, and done.

primer

wet paint

dry paint

Re: flat winter beater
Sunday, December 08, 2013 10:32 PM
the work is nice... the blue is bright and the wing i hate.. but i know a drop is coming.. so carry on!!!

GOT ECOTEC?
Monday, December 09, 2013 6:03 AM
Ilike this direction. What wing is that? I like it.

Monday, December 09, 2013 8:55 AM
Nice work. I can live with the wing. Are you a Tar Heel fan or something? Definitely needs low and wheels/tires

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Monday, December 09, 2013 10:34 AM
NICE work on that hood!

If you have some knowledge of carbon fiber/fiber glass I have a few questions for you.. PM incoming.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, December 09, 2013 5:32 PM
Nice project , its always fun let let your imagination rip on a beater cavy!

BLACKMANTIS
Tuesday, December 10, 2013 12:58 AM
Zs Z wrote:Ilike this direction. What wing is that? I like it.

Looks to be an eagle talon spoiler
Tuesday, December 10, 2013 9:14 AM
I also thought Talon when I saw it
Sunday, December 15, 2013 1:02 PM
honestly have no idea what the wing is from. got it for free, had to add some filler to make it sit right on the trunk. i dont mind the spoiler. i think its a little bigger then stock but not so big that it looks like im trying to make a racecar ricer thing. i have some bigger steelies with some nice winter tires on them. if i could find some really cheap beat up decent rims id be all over them. but for now, 15" steelies all day. better then the current rusty 14's on it. i also have some aluminum cav rims, there kinda tough, and i think they're 16's with @!#$ tires. i got about 100 bucks in this paint job. boss man was nice enough to let me use the shop and materials a couple hours at night when i had ambitions.
thanks for the comments, no tar heel fan here. (had to google what that is) when i play video games i always paint my cars flat blue. i like blue, paint was free from a bud, flatten it out means i didnt have to be as picky with the body work on my winter beater and i hate seeing flaws dents scratches on my stuff, and im hard on equipment, and honestly how many cars have you seen that look like this? i actually found a pic years ago of a flat blue cavi

btw, This is not cutting it...

pic from earlier today. every stop is a struggle to get back up to speed and this thing is probs gonna be so rusted out come spring. supposed to be the summer beater!
Monday, December 16, 2013 6:45 PM
Good job reworking the hood. Looking good.

Saturday, February 08, 2014 1:25 PM
latest pics

thinking of getting a non z-24 and making a new winter beater.
this thing is costing me 570 a month on insurance due to bad habits and "the z24" edition. which is bull@!#$

Saturday, February 08, 2014 2:00 PM
Perks on the hybrid hood.. Best of both worlds!! And nice work done to it too.. Most people would look at that and just toss it in a dumpster!! Nice work on. The whole car, I love flat colors but it's a little bright for me.. But all in all, good job man!!
Saturday, February 08, 2014 9:35 PM
"Z24 edition" has no effect on insurance amount. At least where I live.

I asked personally when I got my old cavalier insured, and when I transferred it to my base model one.
Sunday, February 09, 2014 4:06 PM
My sunfire being a GT effected my insurance for sure. It wasn't anything substantial though, not like the SS of my Cobalt at least.

Sunday, March 02, 2014 1:22 PM
woke up to this a few weeks ago...

some one backed right into my car, pushed it up on the sidewalk, got it stuck in the snow bank... havent figured out who yet, but it was some one leaving my house.
busted out my tremclad and a brush. i dont have any flattener tho

this is the start of winter beater status...
ill try to bang it out best i can but meh. i aint worried about it
Sunday, March 02, 2014 8:45 PM
that sucks

Enjoy life while you can, because you only have one shot. So go BIG or go home.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search