This is the cleanest it has been all winter - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
This is the cleanest it has been all winter
Monday, March 03, 2014 7:30 PM
I washed the car the other day and it has stayed clean sence besides a few water marks and I had it in a heated shop all day so I figured I would use some spray wax quick detailer stuff on it. All winter it has had salt and dirt all over it from the constant icey roads(salt and sand) then warm up and melt(slushy gross roads) then freeze again(more sand/salt). It has managed to not snow or rain in a week or so and has stayed cold(no melting) so I am hoping the car can stay fairly clean for awhile.

Here is some pics

You can see the dent in the door on this picture, I got from last fall, minivan backed into my door and just touched it. Body shop quotes are 1700-2400, crazy... I agreed to do a cash settlement with the lady that hit me though, I hate the dent but figure some cash in my pocket would be worth having a tiny dent on my door.

Very close to touching

My snow plow, I made a piece to block under the bumper for the winter because my rad will get completely packed full of snow in the winter. It is made out of 3/16" ABS Plastic.

In a few months, it will go back to looking like this

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Re: This is the cleanest it has been all winter
Monday, March 03, 2014 9:25 PM
go buy a door for under 100 from the yard... im sure you can find a silver one..
Tuesday, March 04, 2014 11:49 AM
That's one of the things I was thinking of doing. It does need a bit more body work though, minor rust on quarter panels. Another option I was thinking of is buying a cheap body panel or something at a wreckers to practise doing body work on. Then just fix the car myself and touch up a few other areas with paint. Just worried about runs and blending it in. I should of practise body work when I had a beater before, I just never cared enough to worry about it.
I really want to do a Eco/M62 swap, so just looking at my options and which route I want to go with the car first. If I do go that route, I'll probably fix the body up a little but if I don't then don't really see it worth doing.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 12:26 PM
is it just me or do those sidewalls on your winters look huge?
Tuesday, March 04, 2014 1:09 PM
205/75/14s!!!! haha and no rubbing at all... Although when I replace them, I am going to go to 195/75s

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search