Tink in 2014 - The last year of upgrades. - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tink in 2014 - The last year of upgrades.
Saturday, March 08, 2014 12:07 PM
I started sorting threw this mess today so i guess that means the changes for this year have begun.

Just labeling the harness is proving to be harder than i thought. I have 2 identical plugs that both have yellow and purple wires that my Haynes manual says that one is CPS(crank) and the other the VSS. But yet there is a blue/gray plug with twisted wires that isnt in the diagrams and i believe that is the CPS(crank). The yellow/purples are not twisted. Oh well time to start hunting for better wiring diagrams. Then during lunch these arrived.

I got their mounting brackets too, but they need alittle tweaking to fit.

The list for this year isnt that long.
LD9 Speed Density swap(working on it)
Corbeau A4 seats(already here)
New wideband(ordering soon)
Possibly a C/F wrapped LSS spoiler(looking in to)
And possibly a set of those fancy EV14 injectors(still thinking)

I am also still collecting parts here and there for the L61 build and if all goes well I'll be starting to work on the vert this year.

I came across a very good deal for a set of Eagle rods a few months ago and jumped on it.

I am waiting to hear back from Diamond Racing about a set of pistons and if i like what i hear then i'll be another step closer to putting my 2.6" pulley on my TVS.

Re: Tink in 2014 - The last year of upgrades.
Saturday, March 08, 2014 12:51 PM
I like this progress

Saturday, March 08, 2014 1:57 PM
The twisted dark blue/gray wires should be the KS (knock sensor), while the CKP (crank) sensor will be shorter than the VSS as it only travels to the front left side of the block, just above the oil filter.

In for updates, especially on the vert.

Saturday, March 08, 2014 4:57 PM
Finally a new thread, and no new pictures of either car? How dare you insult us.

Also, i can't really tell by the pictures, but are those A4's the cloth or Suede version?

Once you get the seats installed, make sure to give us a good review on them. I've been looking for new seats for a couple weeks.
Saturday, March 08, 2014 6:21 PM
Those seats are sweet. As for EV14s, you will not be disappointed.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, March 08, 2014 6:35 PM
Nic Crosby wrote:
In for updates, especially on the vert.

I am excited for this as well

Sunday, March 09, 2014 7:34 AM
Nic Crosby wrote:The twisted dark blue/gray wires should be the KS (knock sensor), while the CKP (crank) sensor will be shorter than the VSS as it only travels to the front left side of the block, just above the oil filter.

This. Blue/gray is knock. Also, to tell the difference between CKP and VSS, the VSS is going to be located near the O2's and the coolant temp sensors. And, if you trace the wiring back to it's source, on the LD9 harness the CKP wires will trace back to the ICM plug (as opposed to the eco which goes right to the PCM), and the VSS will go right to PCM.
Don't forget too, you will need to reverse polarity on the CKP (yellow to purple and purple to yellow) to run it with the eco.

Sunday, March 09, 2014 2:14 PM
here you go kyle, let me know if you need any more.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 5:45 AM
In for updates, I like where this is going.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 2:27 AM
Nic Crosby wrote:The twisted dark blue/gray wires should be the KS (knock sensor), while the CKP (crank) sensor will be shorter than the VSS as it only travels to the front left side of the block, just above the oil filter.

Thanks, i'll make sure to correctly label them.

RicoCav wrote:Finally a new thread, and no new pictures of either car? How dare you insult us.

Both are still tucked in their respective garages since winter has refused to let go of NEPA.

RicoCav wrote:
Also, i can't really tell by the pictures, but are those A4's the cloth or Suede version?

Once you get the seats installed, make sure to give us a good review on them. I've been looking for new seats for a couple weeks.

Cloth and they are Corbeaus, they are awesome.

JUCNBST - Thanks.

I should be able to sort threw the LD9 harness some more today and maybe get the seat brackets modded, but the rest of the weekend looks to be shot for working on the car.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 8:35 AM
Everytime I see your car, it pains me because i want one of those damn cf diffusers

Thursday, March 20, 2014 3:49 PM
I did alittle wrenching today after i called Corbeau to see what they said to do about the brackets that didnt line up on the seat. They told me to loosen the sliders from the mounting brackets and adjusted them. So i got the brackets on and then saw no reason not to install them.

They sit tiny bit higher than stock and do not go back as far as the stockers. But i like them.

Thursday, March 20, 2014 5:04 PM
Now you'll be able to focus on cornering instead of keeping yourself behind the wheel

Saturday, March 22, 2014 3:48 AM
I wish I had a picture of them, but I made some 1/4" steel pieces and welded them to the stock seat brackets to move the seats down and back a few inches. Made a world of difference on the passenger side the most. I can still notice it on the driver side but its a million times better.

Saturday, March 22, 2014 5:43 PM
Well today didnt go as planned. I got the itch to work on the LD9 harness some more, but had to go out to the garage to get some tools. For some reason I wanted to see if the 03 would start. It finally hitting 60* here probably helped. So I grabbed the key for it, reconnected the battery, and tried starting it.....

And it fired right up and idled fine. While it was idling I started thinking about what should be done to it before I drove it for the year but I could not resist. I told myself that I was just going to take it to a gas station to check the air in the tires. 3 hours later I finally got back home. The car ran great. Everything worked and it didnt complain. Driving it felt amazing and reminded me why I mod cars.

A few pics for proof.

And to top it all off when I got home I parked the car back in the garage, disconnected the battery, and locked the garage door behind me. Then I remembered why I originally went into the garage. So I had to go back and grab the tools.

Saturday, March 22, 2014 5:52 PM
looks real good man. and i know you wont ever do it but g'damn this car is just begging for tinted windows.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Saturday, March 22, 2014 6:30 PM
haha, nice quick trip eh....

Saturday, April 12, 2014 12:45 PM
I find myself doing the same thing. It's nice to just go for a drive an enjoy your car. Especially when everything works =P.

--------------------------------------------

1990 Pontiac Sunbird // 1995 Beretta Base
Friday, May 09, 2014 6:55 PM
I keep meaning to take some pics and videos but every time i take the car out i forget because i end up having too much fun driving it.

The only "real" updates are that i ordered a set of +1mm Ferrera exhaust valves and should hopefully be ordering the matching intake valves in a few weeks. If i get the usual bonus from work in July then i'll be sending the LK9 head off to M2Race.

It also looks like another set of toyo fenders are making their way to me for the vert. But all major mods(engine swap, vert build) are going to be put on hold because i am finally deciding to grow up alittle and stop renting a house in the "city" and buy a house out in the country.

Saturday, May 10, 2014 3:07 AM
I had one of those, take it for a quick spin moment a week ago. Turned into the same thing, 3 hours later!

Definitely looks good. Also, I enjoyed dealing with M2. Was very up front about everything and worked with me quite well. Im sure I have a bad ass head. Just wish I could put it to its full use!

Saturday, May 10, 2014 3:49 AM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:I keep meaning to take some pics and videos but every time i take the car out i forget because i end up having too much fun driving it.

The only "real" updates are that i ordered a set of +1mm Ferrera exhaust valves and should hopefully be ordering the matching intake valves in a few weeks. If i get the usual bonus from work in July then i'll be sending the LK9 head off to M2Race.

It also looks like another set of toyo fenders are making their way to me for the vert. But all major mods(engine swap, vert build) are going to be put on hold because i am finally deciding to grow up alittle and stop renting a house in the "city" and buy a house out in the country.

Thats exactly where I am in life as well.

Think about sending your head off to LSJIon. From what ive read he is the man to send your head to for porting. Great work for a very affordable price.
http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/lounge-42/lsjion-update-308609/

Saturday, May 10, 2014 8:53 AM
No hand porting on the head. M2Race is CNC. It isnt a hard choice for me. But i will been needing to send my spare LSJ intake manifold off to get ported, isnt LSJIon the one that does that too?

Saturday, May 10, 2014 4:44 PM
Your thinking of euthanasia. But he ended up screwing over a bunch of guys over. Seems to be the way it is with our community. Sucks cause he was 450$ for single pass and port.

I think armaclure may do it. I haven't talked to him about it in a long time. But I recall him saying he would do a single pass and I think port.
Thursday, August 21, 2014 11:33 AM
Spent some monies the other week. 10:1 STD bore.

And 2 newerish pics.

Thursday, August 21, 2014 3:38 PM
Getting there. ...my progress is slow too. Keep at it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search