My 2002 cavalier - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My 2002 cavalier
Thursday, November 06, 2014 7:44 AM
Hello, I am new user from Mexico. i bought 2002 cavalier, the car was very nicely treated by previous owner (i am second owner). i have no photos from when I first got it, but she was completly stock. i try to fix her up, but i do not have very much money because I am university student. But I will continue saving money to fix her.

Engine is sgi 2200, manual transmission. Base model.

I have added 17 inch rims, keyless entry, kenwood stereo, air condition (it was broken), hid lights, led reverse lights, carbon fiber hood and led fog lights. Some idiot sideswiped my bumper.[/URL[URL=http://s986.photobucket.com/user/rbk100592/media/imagejpg5.jpg.html]

Re: My 2002 cavalier
Thursday, November 06, 2014 7:47 AM
I was gifted sound system that i have not install yet. I also receive screen stereo.
Tuesday, November 11, 2014 12:30 PM
I got my cavalier back from the bodyshop, they fixed the scratches, I also smoked the rear lights. Right now I am planning on lowering it by about 4.5 centimetersand buy some spacers, but i was wondering if anyone could give me a link to a good website to buy the lips for my sedan. (Shipping to mexico)
Tuesday, November 11, 2014 1:02 PM
I'd consider finding the LS-Sport or Z24 lips in a junk yard or in the local classified if I was you, I don't know companies that ship to Mexico too well so I'm not much help there.

I do like what I'm seeing so far, the wheels are very nice and I think the six spoke design and more subtle look of them complement the simple lines of the car very well.

An all black lip kit and a bit lower ride height would be nice as would a set of black housing headlights. I've always been a fan of that sandy silver color paired with black accents.

I miss my Cavalier, even if it made 100 hp on a cold day and had more suspension then it deserved.
Tuesday, November 11, 2014 1:39 PM
thank you very much! Before I foud this site I had a stock car, but I saw that these cars look beautiful when treated right. I also like the idea of a black and sand theme so I will start working on that and thank you for the headlight suggestion, I will look into those today and will probably get the rims painted black. Thank you for the compliments!
Tuesday, November 11, 2014 1:47 PM

Here are the smoked taillights
Tuesday, November 11, 2014 1:52 PM

Here are the smoked taillights
Wednesday, December 17, 2014 1:11 AM
I had not been able to update due to work. I will post pictures soon, for now i would like to list the following mods

-I bought springs that lowered the car 2 inches with the ability to lower it up to 3
-bought a new clutch
-bought a new timing chain
-new tires
-thrush welded exhaust and glasspack
Wednesday, December 17, 2014 1:14 AM
Also i have taken the car to the body shop and it has no more scratches
Thursday, December 18, 2014 2:33 PM
I got this today

Thursday, December 18, 2014 4:04 PM
Have to tell me if that works out well for you. I'm always afraid tuners are worth it on near stock cars.

I miss my Cavalier, even if it made 100 hp on a cold day and had more suspension then it deserved.

Thursday, December 18, 2014 5:24 PM
I wouldn't have wasted my money on that. HP Tuners has proven to be the best option out there for our stock PCMs.

Monday, March 16, 2015 4:48 PM
I did not tune it after all. Had bif financial set backs. I had to change the clutch, fuel pump, oil pump, brakes, radiator and all filters. But I did get a z24 rear spoiler which is something positive in all this. Still have not installed it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search