Jezebel - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Jezebel
Wednesday, December 16, 2015 7:59 PM
So here is my 04 ls sport cavy and I figured I would share a few photos of her and detail what has been done to her. Suppose I'll also update it periodically with new mods and such

So as you can see the front end has been swapped to a 98 z24 front bumper with the same year headlights. Still have to get the proper hood so everything lines up better, the passenger side has some damage with the rocker panel which will be fixed early January and the replacement fender will be color matched. Just realized my sickspeed sticker is angled lol

I have mevotech endlinks installed with blue poly bushings, a carbon fiber shorty antenna, a sickspeed auto shift knob with blue glow in the dark gumball, black leather shiftboot with red stitch. I also added a short ram intake with the intent to add more piping so I can have the option to switch between a short ram or cold air. So far that is pretty much all I have done to her since getting her as I have been mainly been focusing on repairs. I do have a dc sports exhaust waiting to be welded on and the factory alloy wheels as well.

Future mods include: Prothane lower torque strut, rk upper motor mount along side a ttr trans mount. Then I'll be adding a Manzo header and a hi flow cat. New struts with lowering springs, the balance shaft delete and eventually I plan on going turbo. Let me know what you guys think of Jezebel

Re: Jezebel
Wednesday, December 16, 2015 10:22 PM
There's no pics..

ReD RaiN
Wednesday, December 16, 2015 10:34 PM
Ah crap, had a feeling the photos were going to fail. I guess imgur doesn't work I'll find another hosting site and repost
Sunday, December 20, 2015 10:33 PM
Just a simple note when your posting and sharing pictures.Once you are DONE with your information and linking the picture's (CLICK ON) the preview button in the bottom right corner.If your picture's did not link you can go back and figure out the why prior to posting.If everything shows and the wording is fine,(in the preview) then click the POST.It is there to prevent the infamous X and just the wording you typed.I use photobucket and pretty easy to use.

Sunday, December 20, 2015 10:47 PM
Not sure what device ur using but i upload mine from my android phone or just from a Windows pc. No hosts. No programs. Don't seem to have Any issues

ReD RaiN
Tuesday, December 29, 2015 10:21 PM
I'm using a kindle that has a lousy version of android, my good tablet broke unfortunately. Ha should have previewed then oh well I'll snap some better photos of the exterior and engine bay. Been busy dealing with an annoying idle problem that I just can't seem to pinpoint, but yeah I'll use photobucket next time and preview lol
Friday, January 08, 2016 9:33 AM
So I got my Rk Sport upper motor mount today alongside a few new photos of the car.
Attachments
20160108_115448.jpg (1538k)

Friday, January 08, 2016 10:05 AM
Here's Jezebel finally, as you can see I've got a 98 z24 front bumper with the factory 04 hood and 98 lights. Might not look the best but It's progress and with the space where the radiator cover shows actually acts like a vent so it cools down the engine rather well lol.
Friday, January 08, 2016 10:07 AM
Forgot to add the attachment lol
Attachments
rsz_120151218_134108.jpg (349k)

Saturday, January 09, 2016 5:39 PM
So here's Jezebel with her new rk mount, also installed the prothane lower torque strut and I must say both mounts broke into pieces the moment they were removed. I had to lift the engine to realign everything. The new mounts fixed about 2-3 inches of sagging and she rides much smoother although she sounds a bit louder

Then here's another view with a weird hose that doesn't seem to connect to anything which makes me think it's in case of over fill? The coolant resivor was replaced by prior owner so I dunno.

Finally here's a bolt I rigged up with two nuts to hold the a/c line in place.

As you can see I have a short ram and the engines really dirty but I plan on cleaning her up a bit when I remove the valve cover.
Thursday, January 14, 2016 8:04 AM
first thing before you do the valve cover, you need to put a real intake on it unless you are going ram air hood. ram air for a stock engine does not help it any all. then I would relocate your ecu, put a strut bar on and paint your valve cover. maybe relocate the battery to the trunk too.

2010 Lonestar Bash 2nd place J-Body Street Class
2011 texas heatwave 2nd place american compact street class

Thursday, January 14, 2016 8:06 AM
Trey Reed wrote:first thing before you do the valve cover, you need to put a real intake on it unless you are going ram air hood. ram air for a stock engine does not help it any all. then I would relocate your ecu, put a strut bar on and paint your valve cover. maybe relocate the battery to the trunk too.
what I mean is the short ram intake that's only short and sucking in hot engine air is not good for it versus a cold air intake or air coming from a ram air hood to that short ram intake spot.

2010 Lonestar Bash 2nd place J-Body Street Class
2011 texas heatwave 2nd place american compact street class
Thursday, January 14, 2016 4:16 PM
Well what my plan is is to get a second ebay intake and use the extra tubing to make a cold air. This way I could switch between short ram and cold air when needed, Ohio's got some odd weather and when it rains in my area the roads I go down get flooded so I figured having the choice to swap between short ram and cold air would be nice. Plus currently with how my 04 hood and 98 z24 bumper are l have more air entering the engine bay than I would normally. I am looking to put on a durafllex or vis carbon fiber evo style hood later on which is this bad boy
( http://www.andysautosport.com/products/vis_racing__03CHCAV2DEV-010C.html)
As for the valve cover I do intend to paint it blue or maybe just chrome it out not too sure just yet, I do want to have a red/blue/silver color scheme though.
Thursday, January 14, 2016 4:21 PM
Yeah the ecu I will definitely be relocating as well as the battery. I'll be upgrading to a red top optima when I do the relocation and sadly I couldn't get the gm strut brace but I have an eBay rear/front on my 97 I'll be putting on.
Thursday, January 14, 2016 10:04 PM
Btw that hose is for overflow on the coolant tank

ReD RaiN
Saturday, January 16, 2016 12:40 PM
Ah good thing I didn't remove it, also just ordered 25ft of blue header wrap and a Manzo header so I'll snap some before and after photos during the install for you guys.
Friday, January 22, 2016 1:22 PM
Just got my Manzo header and header wrap in the mail, best of all got stickers Aw yis. I'll snap some photos for you guys once my camera charges, I am starting to feel iffy on the wrap though because I heard it can cause rust which if true then I might just get them powder coated blue.
Sunday, May 22, 2016 5:50 PM
So I have had my header installed for about a week or two and she has a-lot more pep now which is amazing. The wrap unfortunately lost it's blue color and when the header initially expanded the wrap wasn't able to maintain full coverage so just a few spots are visble. I also relocated the ecu and installed a strut brace. Here's a few photos of the relocation as well as the engine bay and a big ol fart can. I might get rid of the wire look, if you can see it you'll notice how the heat from the header melted some of the loom to my throttle cable and and the bracket that held it in place broke but the cable is luckily not flailing about and is able to be pushed off to the side. The bay is still dirty but looks much nicer and once some carbon fiber covers, arp bolts & a battery relocation occur she'll look real good.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search