Cool Little Trunk Rack - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cool Little Trunk Rack
Thursday, December 01, 2016 8:58 AM
This came in the shop today and I want one. I don't know if it was a factory option out aftermarket, but I need it. It's on a 2002 Cav
Attachments
20161201_092812.jpg (1249k)

Re: Cool Little Trunk Rack
Thursday, December 01, 2016 9:43 AM
Not sure why it uploaded sideways but I can't fix it, tried a few times. If anyone knows where I can get this, throw me a PM

Thursday, December 01, 2016 11:30 AM
Interesting...

That reminds me very much of the trunk luggage rack that I had on my 90 Z24 (3.1L) way back in the day as a factory option.

I think that it looks good on a 3rd Gen as well though it would be even better if the 3rd tail light was somehow integrated into it so as to be able to lose the hump on the package tray trim. Also, from a functional standpoint if you were to actually use the rack then having the 3rd light integrated into it would solve the problem of any cargo blocking the 3rd light by virtue of its presence as appears to be the case here.

Brian
Thursday, December 01, 2016 11:34 AM
Yeah, I loved how it looked on there, I have an '03 and want to get it. I would more than likely integrate some LED's for a 3rd brake. I like to tinker with that anyways.

Thursday, December 01, 2016 1:05 PM
Hey Baconator,

Since I brought up the package tray trim or "parcel shelf" as it is also known to be called. I am seeking a flat (no 3rd tail light) version for a 4-door sedan of the 95-99 variety in charcoal/dark gray. I am adding the spoiler to my counterfit 98 Cavalier RS Sedan. (It has the 5-speed manual so why not make it an RS)

I already have the trunk with the spoiler and light but just need to lose the package tray hump. I seek the 95-99 style without the chld seat anchors.

I keep checking my local yards for 95-99 Sunfires as they being the sportier design were much more likely to have the spoiler with the 4-door than their Cav counterparts but so far no luck in over 6 months of looking. We are getting well past peak Cav for the 95-99s in junkyards these days, I am seeing 2003-2005s now mostly and lots of Cobalts too in the local boneyards.

plaz
Thursday, December 01, 2016 1:05 PM
Hey Baconator,

Since I brought up the package tray trim or "parcel shelf" as it is also known to be called. I am seeking a flat (no 3rd tail light) version for a 4-door sedan of the 95-99 variety in charcoal/dark gray. I am adding the spoiler to my counterfit 98 Cavalier RS Sedan. (It has the 5-speed manual so why not make it an RS)

I already have the trunk with the spoiler and light but just need to lose the package tray hump. I seek the 95-99 style without the chld seat anchors.

I keep checking my local yards for 95-99 Sunfires as they being the sportier design were much more likely to have the spoiler with the 4-door than their Cav counterparts but so far no luck in over 6 months of looking. We are getting well past peak Cav for the 95-99s in junkyards these days, I am seeing 2003-2005s now mostly and lots of Cobalts too in the local boneyards.

plaz
Thursday, December 01, 2016 1:09 PM
Sorry for the double post. I had something else come up while I was typing. When I hit post it seemingly had timed out and asked me for my password. I relogged in hit the back button to my message and hit post. 2 messages came up. J-Body Moderators please feel free to remove the duplicate and this pointless excuses post if you can.

Thanks

Brian
Thursday, December 01, 2016 4:01 PM
I'll keep an eye out next time I go. There's a junk yard near me with anywhere between 15-25 j-bodies at a time.

Thursday, December 01, 2016 11:20 PM
That rack appears to be aftermarket or from a diff car. My 91 cav had the rack and it wasnt as tall but had wider runners or whatever theyre called

ReD RaiN
Friday, December 02, 2016 9:08 AM
Baconator wrote:I'll keep an eye out next time I go. There's a junk yard near me with anywhere between 15-25 j-bodies at a time.

For a rack like the one you seek and maybe a package tray trim for a 4-door sedan with spoiler (flat with no 3rd light hump). If that is what you mean then wow! thanks Baconator!

I think that the 4-door flat ones are pretty rare overall given how most 4-door J-body sedans don't have spoilers but Sunfire GT 4-door sedans are likely the best chance to find them since I have seen these with them. It is a rare part for a somewhat rare J-body factory config - my 4-door with the 5-speed manual. I have only read about a few having them on this site and it was a real score for me when I found it for sale.

Brian
Sunday, March 05, 2017 3:18 PM
Nice work.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search