Krzyz update - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Krzyz update
Thursday, March 26, 2009 2:52 PM
ok i have done some more work on my car i got around to installing my air struts that i have had sitting in my office since last summer and installed them last weekend, also i had my new I/P painted and air gauges installed into the car as well. here are some pics.

here are the frt and rear struts ready to go inplace.

the I/P with the air gauges in place i also put blue leds for ligths so they would match my pillar gauages.

this if the frt air strut install the only thing i did not like about the updated struts was were the air line runs

and this is when i was all done dont mind the yellow bumper it is my winter bumper i'm still waiting the get my BC2 bumper back from being fixed and my rims will be back on the car after all the snow is gone, it just snowed here in winnipeg the last 2 days 7 cms.

also i have painted my spare m62 s/c i have while the other s/c is out being polished along with my fuel rail.

here is a pic of my adapter that i had made and finish with installing the evap tube on the bottom of it.

well thats all for now more to come very soon.

Re: Krzyz update
Thursday, March 26, 2009 2:57 PM
Very nice work!!!

The only thing...I'd ditch the front bumper and sideskirts and rock a stock LS Sport kit.

Thursday, March 26, 2009 3:31 PM
definitely liking stuff so far!!

very nice!

Needing 2.3 oil pump stuff? PM me...
Thursday, March 26, 2009 3:32 PM
that adapter looks really nice. what sensor do you have in the s/c?

Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:17 PM
why is the front strut black what kind is it the bag is different than mine too

Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:23 PM
1cleanz wrote:why is the front strut black what kind is it the bag is different than mine too

It's the new Easystreet bags.

Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:35 PM
s1lver_N1p: that sensor is a pressure sensor that comes on the cobalt ss i just left it in place cause i had nothing else to plug the hole with. but the factory map sensor harness plugs into so i'll have a dummy harness to make it look complete.

MyZ24owns_my_Nissan: the bumper and side skirt are on my list of this but these didnt cost me anything, i use to have the ls sport kit on my car but i got tired of the factory look so i wanted a change, as for the bumper and sides they will be changed oveer winter.

Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:36 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:
1cleanz wrote:why is the front strut black what kind is it the bag is different than mine too

It's the new Easystreet bags.

thats gay i might have to replace one now ill have to replace both or they wont match WTF

Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:48 PM
yea they new Easy street frt struts i wasnt to happy when i first open to the box and seen them i thought they sent me the wrong ones but they were right, so if i blow a bag i would have to send the whole strut to EZ street. but they ride really nice but use a lot of air to lift the frt end up.

Thursday, March 26, 2009 7:04 PM
You wanna make me one of those tb adapters?

Nice car.
Thursday, March 26, 2009 7:09 PM
I went and took some pics of mine today, got them on last october.

They took 70psi to get them to inflate at all. At 120psi they are higher than my old AIM struts I use to have.

I love the ride quality, too bad I won't be able to enjoy them till I get a new trans installed.

The older Easystreet bags were so low, I had to use Modified Stock strut mounts to make them sit higher, my wheels would go up too far into the wheel well. The new ones are a smidge higher and I was able to use the Easystreet mounts they came with.

Don't worry about the air line, it will move with the strut as you turn, mine don't and have not rubbed on the tires yet.

For reference, Full lift on the older style Easystreet Bags

Full Lift on the NEW SLEEVE bags

I love em so far, the ride quality is VERY SMOOTH!

HOWEVER,, they are A LOT slower at filling and deflating, no more bouncy bouce for me.

Thursday, March 26, 2009 7:38 PM
Mr.Choo: i'm waiting to hear back from my brother to see how much it will cost to have some made, the only thing its 1 inch thick so it'll bring the intake elbow pretty close to ur battery.

James (ROLN19S) (JuicyJ): first i like to say i love ur car. yea the frt strut take some air to lift but i love the ride of them and the height it gets all the way up is wicked to clear some speed bumps and drive way curbs, and i'm happy that its an 1 inch here than the old set up cause i was worried about my bumper clearnace cause i'll be changing over to a bc2 frt bumper and i know is lower than the one i have now.

Thursday, March 26, 2009 7:40 PM
Thanks, BTW, the dash bezel looks good, who painted it? The paint looks very nice.

Also, What is the color of your car?

Thursday, March 26, 2009 7:55 PM
James (ROLN19S) (JuicyJ): i painted it my self with some help from the painters in the body shop i work at they pretty much showed me what to do, the color of my car is factory sunburst org my bezel was a test cause i wanted to keep the same color but lighten the color and add pearl in it but, i'm thinking of a color change over winter to the new gm inferno org metallic that comes on the aveos with a white two tone top. its still up in the air.

Thursday, March 26, 2009 8:34 PM
as far as i know my bag is still good but i think my strut is bad so hopefully the strut is the same as the lod one and i can just paint it to mach the rest but i guess we'll see

Saturday, March 28, 2009 7:06 AM
Krzy Z wrote:Mr.Choo: i'm waiting to hear back from my brother to see how much it will cost to have some made, the only thing its 1 inch thick so it'll bring the intake elbow pretty close to ur battery.
quote]

Any chance of getting one a little thinner, the one I have already forces my elbow to just touch the battery. Let me know when you get a chance.
Saturday, March 28, 2009 2:04 PM
um... why didn't you drill a hole into the engine area and run your lines thru the car? when your low it looks like that line is gonna rub like a bitch. then once it brakes your screwed. the new setup is no different then the old double bubble ones other then it's now a sleeve. the location of the fitting hasn't changed

Saturday, March 28, 2009 2:11 PM
wait nevermind it did change from bottom to the top, but still. i kept mine goin thru the body and thru the car instead of outside the car

Saturday, March 28, 2009 10:24 PM
makes me miss my bagged Z looks great!

simple minds talk about other people.
average minds talk about events.
great minds discuss ideas
Sunday, March 29, 2009 10:09 AM
Cdn Wolf wrote:um... why didn't you drill a hole into the engine area and run your lines thru the car? when your low it looks like that line is gonna rub like a bitch. then once it brakes your screwed. the new setup is no different then the old double bubble ones other then it's now a sleeve. the location of the fitting hasn't changed

i didnt wanna run the line in the engine area and inside the car. i never had a problem before with my air lines outside of the vechile and plus if i need to place a hose for repair its easyer to do it outside of the car, my air lines dont even come close to my tires only when the car is bagged out its close to the tire but that wont hurt cause i wont drive it bagged out. i also have a place that is making me some bradied hoses like the old setup have just to be on the save said.

Sunday, March 29, 2009 5:45 PM
Krzy Z wrote:also i have painted my spare m62 s/c i have while the other s/c is out being polished along with my fuel rail.

is that just high heat paint, or powder coating? sc looks good like that, and i'm thinking of doing mine black as well.

"If you have no clue what's going on... STFU!"

Sunday, March 29, 2009 7:18 PM
Should look good once its all together. Not a fan of a blitz front though but it can be done right. What wheels you got?

Sunday, March 29, 2009 9:09 PM
Cdn Wolf wrote:um... why didn't you drill a hole into the engine area and run your lines thru the car? when your low it looks like that line is gonna rub like a bitch. then once it brakes your screwed. the new setup is no different then the old double bubble ones other then it's now a sleeve. the location of the fitting hasn't changed

car has been bagged for years now, NEVER once rubbed a hole in the line on the tires.

Sunday, March 29, 2009 10:56 PM
yeah, my front lines are run outside too. i think its better at that way. did run the lines inside on my old car. kinda pita! also got stainless braided lines on the front.

Monday, March 30, 2009 5:39 AM
Mike... wrote:
Krzy Z wrote:also i have painted my spare m62 s/c i have while the other s/c is out being polished along with my fuel rail.

is that just high heat paint, or powder coating? sc looks good like that, and i'm thinking of doing mine black as well.

i used high heat engine primer and paint, i wanted to have it powered coated but from what i hear powered coating will trap the heat in the s/c so i didnt want that. so i just sanded down the spare s/c i had and primed it with some engine paint primer and blk engine paint. My valve cover i have on the car right now its powered coated blk so i think it may look good with the s/c blk and polished fuel rail and polished intake.

phewes: I liked the blitz bumper for the longest time but once i had it installed on the car is i had second thoughts, but also it didnt cost me anything, this winter i plan to have the whole car repainted and replace the frt bumper and side skirts with BC2 which is what i really wanted.
here is a pic of my rims i have for the car i have had them for 2 years now.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search