Ricer Experience? lol just starting. - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ricer Experience? lol just starting.
Tuesday, March 09, 2010 8:42 PM
Trying to make my sunfire a nicer "ricer" . lol . Body kit is in painting process and I just obtained new wheels. I need advice !! haha

Re: Ricer Experience? lol just starting.
Tuesday, March 09, 2010 8:52 PM
stay stock kit... eww to the one pictured.. spoiler is to high. mabe if it was lower. and please remove the stick on hood scoop.. pet peeve of mine lol

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 8:57 PM
lol...i know, its functional tho! well... its just there till i get a carbon one...same for the spoiler. idk y but i like the tall spoilers.
Tuesday, March 09, 2010 8:58 PM
Lose the green, lose the scoop, lose the spoiler, lose the 1/4 window things, lose the kit.

95-99 GT or 2000+ stock front bumper, evil eye hood, projectors, nice drop

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 9:00 PM
Adam rioticx wrote:lol...i know, its functional tho! well... its just there till i get a carbon one...same for the spoiler. idk y but i like the tall spoilers.

hole in the hood?

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 9:00 PM
haha so basically go back to square 1 right?
Tuesday, March 09, 2010 9:02 PM
azncav wrote:
Adam rioticx wrote:lol...i know, its functional tho! well... its just there till i get a carbon one...same for the spoiler. idk y but i like the tall spoilers.

hole in the hood?

yea...=( bought the hood like that cuz mine got destroyed from a deer...and he only wanted $50....lol
Tuesday, March 09, 2010 9:02 PM
Seriously, yes, right back to square one.

GM did well with designing the exterior of these cars, factory parts are sexy. Look at my cav, every exterior mod i have for it(besides the wheels) was made by GM.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, March 09, 2010 9:05 PM

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 9:07 PM
Clean, props.

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 9:08 PM
I see...hmmm. Thanks a lot =) . Know any places that might sell cheaper carbon fiber hoods? they make me happy <.<
Tuesday, March 09, 2010 9:08 PM
Adam rioticx wrote:haha so basically go back to square 1 right?

its up to you ... we only can give opinions. but the rims look good. do what makes you happy

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 9:10 PM
Adam rioticx wrote:I see...hmmm. Thanks a lot =) . Know any places that might sell cheaper carbon fiber hoods? they make me happy

troll around your local craigslist. or even the local threads for your area here on jbo .

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 9:24 PM
Tinkles[b wrote:]Lose the green, lose the scoop, lose the spoiler, lose the 1/4 window things, lose the kit.

95-99 GT or 2000+ stock front bumper, evil eye hood, projectors, nice drop

^this.

wheels look good and lose the graphics as well....

Tuesday, March 09, 2010 9:30 PM
oh boy

Supercharged 2002 Cavalier Z24
J-Body Bash Veteran
Tuesday, March 09, 2010 9:37 PM
To answer the question of the thread title, yes this is ricey. And its nothing to be proud about.

The big metal spoiler, altazza lights, painted bright blue or green interior parts, etc. Go run 13's all motor then it won't matter.

I like Tinkles comment on GM's exterior vehicle design. Most front bumper look great just with a lip and rear with a tip.

GMR has got nothing on this
Wednesday, March 10, 2010 5:14 PM
or the rksport kit.. always loved that front end.. pull that nasty spoiler
Thursday, March 11, 2010 4:56 PM
sounds like u might as well drive a stock sunfire if u listen to all these guys. whats the point then? they are right, like i told u before, lose the green, the graphics, the scoop. KEEP the bodykit and get it on, I believe the wing will work with the kit on there and get the rims on. It'll be a nice start to a clean little j-body then. Stock sucks in my opinion, these guys do have clean cars, but so what, stock aint for everybody, build it ricey, but do it with class, the vinyl, the hood scoop and the green paint are cheesy. Once that stuff is off and the rest is on you'll be on the right track

ROLL IT TOPLESS!!

Thursday, March 11, 2010 5:05 PM
Timex337 wrote:sounds like u might as well drive a stock sunfire if u listen to all these guys. whats the point then? they are right, like i told u before, lose the green, the graphics, the scoop. KEEP the bodykit and get it on, I believe the wing will work with the kit on there and get the rims on. It'll be a nice start to a clean little j-body then. Stock sucks in my opinion, these guys do have clean cars, but so what, stock aint for everybody, build it ricey, but do it with class, the vinyl, the hood scoop and the green paint are cheesy. Once that stuff is off and the rest is on you'll be on the right track

Oxymoron much? lol

If it was well dont and or classy people would go..."oh lord look at that ricer" believe me ive been there...
gotta grow up some time...

Thursday, March 11, 2010 5:14 PM
whatever, the kid wants a ricer, so why advise him otherwise. its a jbody, appreciate it for what it is and what he wants to build and help guide him the right way to do it. don't try changing the whole direction of his project, forget the oxy, thats just moron

ROLL IT TOPLESS!!

Thursday, March 11, 2010 6:12 PM
if i was rich and had a bunch of time on my hands... i would buy every bumper like that and have them destroyed. It kills the clean smooth curve of a sunfire and totally clashes with the flow of the subtle body lines. and also i say cut the idea of a spoiler out, imo (tom) s/c fire and spencer have a fantastic grasp on enhancing the exterior of a sunfire. take a look at the way the style their fires. good luck

Thursday, March 11, 2010 6:29 PM
Clarification: by "nicer ricer" i think he just meant well done... now getting a body kit that fits well and accents your car (because that is really what you are trying to do when you get a body kit) but fit it well, paint it well and throwing some wheels on etc is not even "rice." this is an opinion but to me rice is more descriptive of doing it wrong. (the way i started it) You wanna be called ricer and ricer fag..sure go ahead and cheap out and dont paint your kit for an extended period of time. (cough cough timex) pick a kit that does not flow with your car and throw a cheap old bold on wing that provides no functional purpose what soever and hey what the heck your car is not finished yet so throw on some graphics to distract the general public. the wings that come on our cars are SEXY. understated and sexy i dont see why people dont just go with that...
So sure, we will guide him in the right way to do it but ill let him learn from my own personal experience as well cause i would love to see his ride turn in to something he loves and we all respect. so dont cheap out on parts, get things such as body work done all at once. (kit and paint) think about what the rest of the world thinks when they see a bolt on walmart wing. is that the look and feel you want? cheap and as we say down here in GA "mexi" if so great...but if you want the respect on here do it right, do it well. and somewhere in the midst of that you can throw in "if you like it" as well....lol

Thursday, March 11, 2010 6:30 PM
well adam, apparently as far as this thread goes we stand alone, but its all good bro, to each their own!! I'm excited to see it together

ROLL IT TOPLESS!!

Thursday, March 11, 2010 6:39 PM
i agree on how that bumper kills the natural body like of the sunfire.

Thursday, March 11, 2010 9:07 PM
hey fox, i appreciate your clarification of your interpretation of the term "ricer", at least its understandable why your so down on it. its obvious tho when adam asked how to make his car a nicer ricer he wasnt asking how to do it wrong or cheaply, he obviously has a different interpretation of the ricer term. cough about my paint (or lack of) all u like but my car wins trophies. it is under construction(they do have classes for that as well by the way), and some people just flat out prefer primer. i didnt paint my car because i am changing kits, shaving handles, gas door, rear trunk etc etc and i'm just not ready for paint yet. maybe i'll have paint by the bash, i hope too, but i wont let a little thing like paint stop me from showing my car. when its finished, i will paint it and then i guess i'll have your respect. truth is tho, doesnt matter to me if i even have it then, i'm happy with my car, and for the record, everyone on here has a j and therefore you all have my respect no matter how done or not done your ride is. sure theres a lot of j's on here i would make changes too, some i wouldnt have built at all and others i love, but i respect each and every guy for doin what he wanted, building it the way he wanted too. thats what its all about, thats y we show em, they are all our own interpretations

ROLL IT TOPLESS!!

Thursday, March 11, 2010 9:13 PM
Timex337 wrote:hey fox, i appreciate your clarification of your interpretation of the term "ricer", at least its understandable why your so down on it. its obvious tho when adam asked how to make his car a nicer ricer he wasnt asking how to do it wrong or cheaply, he obviously has a different interpretation of the ricer term. cough about my paint (or lack of) all u like but my car wins trophies. it is under construction(they do have classes for that as well by the way), and some people just flat out prefer primer. i didnt paint my car because i am changing kits, shaving handles, gas door, rear trunk etc etc and i'm just not ready for paint yet. maybe i'll have paint by the bash, i hope too, but i wont let a little thing like paint stop me from showing my car. when its finished, i will paint it and then i guess i'll have your respect. truth is tho, doesnt matter to me if i even have it then, i'm happy with my car, and for the record, everyone on here has a j and therefore you all have my respect no matter how done or not done your ride is. sure theres a lot of j's on here i would make changes too, some i wouldnt have built at all and others i love, but i respect each and every guy for doin what he wanted, building it the way he wanted too. thats what its all about, thats y we show em, they are all our own interpretations

and now i agree with you .

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search