Rattle can / Spray can paint jobs!!!!!!!! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rattle can / Spray can paint jobs!!!!!!!!
Thursday, February 10, 2011 11:52 PM
just wanted to see pics of cars you painted yourself with rattle cans!.. I've started this on mine and so far so good! who else out there has done this and how did it turn out? if you could list specs & prep work you've done would be great aswell, thanks..

Re: Rattle can / Spray can paint jobs!!!!!!!!
Friday, February 11, 2011 2:58 AM

Friday, February 11, 2011 3:47 AM
at least theyre easy to touch up lol

Friday, February 11, 2011 4:04 AM
post pics of yours.

Friday, February 11, 2011 5:20 AM
This is full of fail

z28guy(KGM BEOTCH)
Friday, February 11, 2011 5:38 AM
Mine is just the rear 1/4 panel fixed the crash myself with some bondo and rattle can paint....cell phone pics sorry and the angles were more for the tail lights but everyone else just posted nothing but hate....took all day to do, the clear coat really brought it out nicely....the sad part is...i used slightly off white, when it snows, my whole car blends with snow except that 1/4 looks yellow lol didnt notice that until it snowed

Friday, February 11, 2011 8:03 AM
^ i dont see why anyone would hate i think the end result is great for what you had to buy 20 dollars[ or less ] in paint some bondo and looks great compared to most rattle can jobs ive seen....i mean ya it could be done perfect if you have 5 or 600 to spend at a body shop

Friday, February 11, 2011 9:05 AM
The keyword here is durability. Rattle canned things look nice for a few months until the clear coat starts to deteriorate.

Friday, February 11, 2011 9:11 AM
either way it looks better then it did before so why not

Friday, February 11, 2011 2:17 PM
Andy Brooks

Friday, February 11, 2011 2:30 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:The keyword here is durability. Rattle canned things look nice for a few months until the clear coat starts to deteriorate.

Exactly.

SS front bumper shortly after spray bombing (the right way, if you will)

SS bumper after about 7/8 months?

Friday, February 11, 2011 2:36 PM
idk i spray bombed many parts of my old car and they lasted forever, my old rattle canned bumper's paint is still in perfect condition but i have also perfected the art of spray bombing if you will. The bumper has been painted for going on 3 years, i garaged the car most nights but the bumper stood in the back yard of someones house for about a year and the paint is still immaculate

Friday, February 11, 2011 2:37 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Andy Brooks

Exaclty who I was thinking of! Best looking rattle can paint job I've ever seen

Friday, February 11, 2011 4:02 PM
I'm doing my satin black.. it's going alot easier then I thought.. comes out kinda clean.. love that sunfire!.. thats what I'm hope'n my ends out like.. cheers guys!
Friday, February 11, 2011 5:04 PM
shhh don't tell my secrets

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Friday, February 11, 2011 5:08 PM
ExESIVEFIRE wrote:shhh don't tell my secrets

your cheap ass rattle can paint job..................... looks better than my propaint!

Friday, February 11, 2011 5:16 PM
like I'm not saying u can do a good job for $20 bucks.. but spend some money and prep work and it looks professional!.. I first covered my car in satin viynel wrap.. which was just about $1000, but where I had to strech the material I could never get satin to look right.. u could always tell where I had to work the material.. so I'm gonna satin paint it with lots of prep work and post the pics soon!... but that sunfire is exactly what I'm going for.. just a hint of bad-ass!
Friday, February 11, 2011 6:03 PM
95LsCoupe wrote:Mine is just the rear 1/4 panel fixed the crash myself with some bondo and rattle can paint....cell phone pics sorry and the angles were more for the tail lights but everyone else just posted nothing but hate....took all day to do, the clear coat really brought it out nicely....the sad part is...i used slightly off white, when it snows, my whole car blends with snow except that 1/4 looks yellow lol didnt notice that until it snowed

holy @!#$, you did an awesome job on that

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Friday, February 11, 2011 6:42 PM
Corey Monzter wrote:^ i dont see why anyone would hate i think the end result is great for what you had to buy 20 dollars[ or less ] in paint some bondo and looks great compared to most rattle can jobs ive seen....i mean ya it could be done perfect if you have 5 or 600 to spend at a body shop

TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:The keyword here is durability. Rattle canned things look nice for a few months until the clear coat starts to deteriorate.

Yes it's time for another clear coat lol it faded but yeah it did come out to almost perfect....we did everything right and took our time, not just bondo and spray lol the buffer worked nicely

Friday, February 11, 2011 6:46 PM
Also the thing was i paid 500 for the car, i didnt wanna spend too much on a car i paid so little on. when i got rear ended, insurance totaled it out and gave me 1800. that's my friend in the pic, i gave him 300 for fixing the dent and painting it for me.....so yeah maybe 30 for paint/bondo, already had a spare tail light, i wasn't asking for perfect lol just better then the crash and it came out alot better then i thought.....so after all that i still made 1500 out of it, i say thats a win =D

Saturday, February 12, 2011 9:11 AM
The first time it was painted.

Saturday, February 12, 2011 11:03 AM
95LsCoupe wrote:Also the thing was i paid 500 for the car, i didnt wanna spend too much on a car i paid so little on. when i got rear ended, insurance totaled it out and gave me 1800. that's my friend in the pic, i gave him 300 for fixing the dent and painting it for me.....so yeah maybe 30 for paint/bondo, already had a spare tail light, i wasn't asking for perfect lol just better then the crash and it came out alot better then i thought.....so after all that i still made 1500 out of it, i say thats a win =D

that is win

Saturday, February 12, 2011 9:14 PM
after the satin was down, did you wet sand? use flatt clearcoat or normal clearcoat?.. or if anything at all after the paint was laid down..
Sunday, February 13, 2011 3:42 PM
95LsCoupe wrote:Also the thing was i paid 500 for the car, i didnt wanna spend too much on a car i paid so little on. when i got rear ended, insurance totaled it out and gave me 1800. that's my friend in the pic, i gave him 300 for fixing the dent and painting it for me.....so yeah maybe 30 for paint/bondo, already had a spare tail light, i wasn't asking for perfect lol just better then the crash and it came out alot better then i thought.....so after all that i still made 1500 out of it, i say thats a win =D

My only question for you. Did you pull the metal out at all or just fill the hole with body filler?

Sunday, February 13, 2011 3:58 PM
He pulled the metal out, he has a thread somewhere around where he was getting flamed, but IMHO that repair is mint, and this is coming from a guy like me who does his own body work

about 6 months after the paint job (front bumper)

Over 2.5 years later and after almost a year of sitting in a backyard getting rained on

The black overspray on the lip is from the guy i had sold it to.

All in all if you practice and prep everything correctly duplicolor paint is amazing...i hate rustoleum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search