Sunfire Led Strips - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sunfire Led Strips
Monday, December 05, 2011 7:52 PM
what do you guys think. Do they look good or too ricey.....?

Your text to link here...

Re: Sunfire Led Strips
Monday, December 05, 2011 8:04 PM
I don't mind them, but I think they are a little too bright, lol.

Monday, December 05, 2011 9:43 PM
yea they are bright haha. but they look pretty good
Tuesday, December 06, 2011 12:08 AM
They look good, I might try them. The glow off the ground is as bright as underbody neons!

Tuesday, December 06, 2011 1:21 AM
new and never done before, i approve, kinda gives me a few ideas of places where i could put a strip or two.

2010 Lonestar Bash 2nd place J-Body Street Class
2011 texas heatwave 2nd place american compact street class
Tuesday, December 06, 2011 7:13 AM
they look really good where you have them, not ricey at all, when you puttin the around the whole car? then you have a problem lol

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Tuesday, December 06, 2011 8:03 AM
Trey Reed wrote:new and never done before, i approve, kinda gives me a few ideas of places where i could put a strip or two.

Tooooo.......MUCH.......Info right there, but am I seeing right blue lights on red car? either way come to canada see what happens guarenty minimum 5 ticket with those in, and you will probably get them in about an hour or so lol

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Tuesday, December 06, 2011 9:10 AM
same in texas man, cant have blue o red up front.

Modding my j since I found the org
Tuesday, December 06, 2011 9:14 AM
Not bad, them mofo's are bright.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Tuesday, December 06, 2011 9:19 AM
Kinda torn on these..... not too sure...

Tuesday, December 06, 2011 10:37 AM
To damn bright. Shorter strip maybe?

Tuesday, December 06, 2011 10:58 AM
AJ B wrote:
Trey Reed wrote:new and never done before, i approve, kinda gives me a few ideas of places where i could put a strip or two.

Tooooo.......MUCH.......Info right there, but am I seeing right blue lights on red car? either way come to canada see what happens guarenty minimum 5 ticket with those in, and you will probably get them in about an hour or so lol
oh i see what you did there, lol, and i might stick some led strips in my trunk when i do my fiberglass set-up or in my engine bay because i didnt know they were that bright.

2010 Lonestar Bash 2nd place J-Body Street Class
2011 texas heatwave 2nd place american compact street class
Tuesday, December 06, 2011 4:44 PM
Yea. They are white leds but my camera shows them as kinda blue-ish. I was also thinking they are kinda bright, especially considering they are pointing straight down to the road. As of right now they are wired in parallel to my headlights, but i may add two resistors to them to lower the light output...
Tuesday, December 06, 2011 5:25 PM
If they glow white in person, you should be fine. They can double up as foglights lol..

R.I.P. JessE Gerard 7.11.87 - 1.25.08
The Radiation Nation Facebook Twitter Twisted Metal Alliance
Wednesday, December 07, 2011 7:23 AM
I'd like to see what they look like during the day(set up wise).

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 9:12 AM
I decided to line the LEDs with a thin strip of reflective tape to control the light a little more and lower the brightness...... the links below

led strip test 2
Wednesday, December 07, 2011 10:09 AM
Rather see pics. This video is making me go blind

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 10:10 AM
I dont like them on Audis so I definitely dont like them on a Sunfire. But if you like them keep them.

Thursday, December 08, 2011 9:17 PM
I was thinking about doing something along these lines, but putting LED strips inside stock Sunfire bumper lights(95-99 mainly). to use as marker/turn signal lights.

Friday, December 09, 2011 3:57 PM
I've been thinking about doing this for brake lights or reverse lights.... hmm, i just got an idea....

Where'd you buy those strips from? If i do my idea, i'm gonna need that output....

Sunday, December 11, 2011 1:45 AM
found them at autozone. they should be around 20-30$ and have a warning sticker on it that says 80% brighter/ do not look directly at leds.

Monday, December 12, 2011 6:08 AM
Just from experience, I wouldn't put to much money on those lasting too long. I've never seen Autozone LEDs hold up well. I speak from experience as I did work for AZ for almost a year. Get something quality from Oznium.com. Its about the same price, if not cheaper and they will guarantee anything for at least a year and sometimes longer, no questions asked.

Monday, December 12, 2011 7:15 AM
Ehhhhhhh not sure.

Want hub spacers rear disk brackets or trailing arm bushings? Shoot me a PM.

Friday, December 16, 2011 7:38 AM
i like the Audi headlights so i definitely like these!

Sunday, December 18, 2011 4:51 PM
I have something similar on my Z... they cant be seen directly unless you look straight through the vents by the fogs. Also have the hood gap lit up. looks pretty sweet I think, I tried leds on the bottom sides for a minute... absolutely hated them on the sides so they came off asap.. I got my lights on ebay, 30cm strips, they are usually under 2 bucks a piece (from china) you can pay a bit more like 3-4 and get them from U.S. sellers, otherwise it takes forever to get them here.

Bad picture off cell phone. way better in person/better camera. It lights up the ground more too but ya cant see.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search