Spy cam in car at the dealer..... - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Spy cam in car at the dealer.....
Friday, January 20, 2012 11:43 AM
So i recently took my car into a local Chevy dealer for an oil change. Left a cam in the car to see what goes on inside the shop. I think the results are...amusing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2KbkiFJFUs

Re: Spy cam in car at the dealer.....
Friday, January 20, 2012 12:06 PM
No wonder they make so much money with an oil change lol. They have too drive it around to all the mechanics so they can have a look at it.

I am looking for struts for my newly aquired Eibach pro-kit performance coils, If anybody has some?
Friday, January 20, 2012 12:09 PM
^^^ I was wondering how many bays it would go into before they actually did the oil change. lol

2001 Cav Sedan LS - Work In Progress - Sunalier Status
Friday, January 20, 2012 12:15 PM
that was quick for sure, dang in and out in under 15 minutes. lol

would been even less if they would just pulled it in and did the work.
Friday, January 20, 2012 12:23 PM
LMAO

should have done that here in a hertz car. we take ours to the local ford dealer to do all oil changes... i perposly left 4 quarters in the cup holder to see if there were any theives, sure enough.. came out, one quarter was gone. LOL

cheap @!#$!

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Friday, January 20, 2012 12:24 PM
Why dude have that stupid little smerk on his face while driving it?

Also, im sure you do all your other oil changes right? Ill beat you if you don't

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, January 20, 2012 12:30 PM
lol I love the WTF moment! Classic

Friday, January 20, 2012 12:42 PM
Love how he shoved his finger in his nose then grabbed your keys before wiping his hand.

RIP JessE -- You are not forgotten! | FaceBook | G+
Friday, January 20, 2012 12:49 PM
This was awesome, didn't do anything really bad which is nice to see but it still gives you good reason to just do as much as you can yourself. Your car will have less boogers and will thank you.
Friday, January 20, 2012 2:21 PM
Love the brief nose pick @ .47 secs. lol
Friday, January 20, 2012 2:28 PM
Snowman wrote:that was quick for sure, dang in and out in under 15 minutes. lol

would been even less if they would just pulled it in and did the work.

oh no no no no no...entire oil change took over an hour and a half. i simply cut all the crap out that didnt have people in it.

Friday, January 20, 2012 2:30 PM
WHITECAVY wrote:Why dude have that stupid little smerk on his face while driving it?

Also, im sure you do all your other oil changes right? Ill beat you if you don't

oh definetly, i do all my work myself. I only took it this time cus i hit the 200k mile mark. and GM gives you a free 100$ maintenance certificate when you hit 200k. So i went in for a free mobil 1 syn oil change. ..but of course i wasnt going without the camera .. i streamed this video live while it was being done, so i saw everything from my phone as they did it. I sure left with a chuckle hahaha

Friday, January 20, 2012 3:01 PM
LOL! That was funny Scott. Now change the Bash date a week early or later so I can attend!

GMR has got nothing on this
Friday, January 20, 2012 3:13 PM
sorry man, no can do. You know how hard it is to coordinate two venues on the same day...not to mention just getting a track to ourselves????

Friday, January 20, 2012 4:31 PM
haha that was epic.

DOPER.
Friday, January 20, 2012 5:21 PM
you shoulda did a three gear pull at the end of the vid!!!!

(just to see if the oil really was in there LMAO)

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Friday, January 20, 2012 6:32 PM
Lol. Your car was physically touched by many men. That is also the reason I dont take my car to places to get work done. Love how everyone can do better.

Friday, January 20, 2012 7:33 PM
the standard "its just a cavalier". Apparently it takes a curtain dollar value car to modify and make your own.
Friday, January 20, 2012 10:31 PM
That was actually pretty tame imo. I work at a car audio shop and the amount of @!#$ we talk about customers cars in unbelievable. Never in front of the customer just while were working on it.
Saturday, January 21, 2012 5:35 AM
haha wow so many bays and finnaly around 9:41 looks like he opens and starts ur car with oil soaked hands. And why does it seem they moved ur passenger seat? lol draws a lil face on new sticker but did he accually leave the old one? ANd i dont think i seen at anytime before leaving the bays did he ever look to see cars coming. I know some places here can get busy. and whats up with his lil steering as hes backing out. ohhhh beep beep NOS BUTTONS!!!!! no ohhhh ruins his day haha. AT least he was kind of nuff to wipe his prints off. i had my one car at a dealer years ago and i had lambos and i was there for a battery change under warrenty and hmmmm. last i checked batt was under the hood not in passenger side. looks like they tryied for a while to shut the door and when i got home found door latch was broken. well not only did i get a new latch(put that in myself cause they were not touching it)
i got our other car free set of tires, life time inspections and a gift card to use at their accessories center. . guys in bay 3 admitted they messed with that door so my case was made easy there lol. this video is classic and to think not one person complimented you on your bird just hanging out there in ur car hahaha.

Saturday, January 21, 2012 9:41 AM
haha yea, lady at the chinese restraunt made me that bird lol ..and im pretty sure they messed with the passenger seat to get to back to my back seat, or rather, back seat delete...which since i made it at home i wouldnt call it professional..but i dont think it looks terrible like he mentioned ..oh well, everyones entitled to opinion...but for the record, here is my back seat " amp rack"

Saturday, January 21, 2012 10:01 AM
I dig it bro. clean n simple.

Saturday, January 21, 2012 11:04 AM
Not to defend anyone, but is it not illegal to record someone and put their faces on the internet like that without consent?

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, January 21, 2012 11:16 AM
And more-so than the comments they make, what get's me is how many people spent how much time looking your car over inside and out. They opened both doors, folded the seat up, opened your trunk, went around with a flash light etc... Change the oil and get it out. I used to work at a shop and have driven in/worked on customized cars and WAYYYYY nicer cars than a custom compact. I looked them over once in a while, made some comments, but never opened a compartment that was not required to do my job. It isn't needed, it isn't mine, and it's none of my goddamn business if your trunk is "tubbed out" whatever the @!#$ that means.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, January 21, 2012 2:32 PM
i really dont know what tubbed out means either... i have a very clean box setup with a false floor, walls and 2 12" subs...its clean,black and boxed.....you can call it simple, you can call it nothing special...but @!#$ty it is not

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search