Hey - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hey
Thursday, February 10, 2005 10:22 PM
hey whats up im new to this whole site but i have some big plans for my 97 cavi and maybe some of you could help me choose a few things .. well ill try to get pics on here soon but un till then i have a question ... can you swap the gauges from a 97 2.2 with a z24 so i can have one with a tac.. if so how hard would it be and where could i find one ?

and sugestions will help and thanks

Re: Hey
Thursday, February 10, 2005 10:39 PM
do a search on tach 98 cavy or something i know something will come up cuz i was looking at something like that today if you dont find it tell me and i'll find it for you
Thursday, February 10, 2005 10:55 PM
Yes, you can, but only from a 96-98 non digital Z24, then you have to reprogram the passlock and swap out the mileage tumblers (don't try to change the mileage, the tumblers will break). The instructions for reprogramming the passlock are in the interior FAQ.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, February 10, 2005 10:57 PM
that sounds like alot of work i think i might just keep it how it is.
Thursday, February 10, 2005 11:06 PM
can you just install a tach like an aftermarket one, i dont have to worry i have one on my z
Friday, February 11, 2005 5:45 AM
97 cavi wrote:that sounds like alot of work i think i might just keep it how it is.

it's not a lot of work at all. i swapped a 97 z24 cluster into my 97 2.2. all you have to do is swap the odometer from your cluster into the new one, which is really easy once you have the cluster out of the car. then you just put the z cluster in your car, plug it in, reprogram the theftlock, which basically is just starting the car, let it die, leave the key in for about 15 minutes, then everything should work fine. like shifted said, the directions are in the interior faq.

Sunday, February 13, 2005 7:49 AM
you can but teh mileage will be wrong

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, February 13, 2005 7:33 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:you can but teh mileage will be wrong

thats why you swap the milage tumblers

Monday, February 14, 2005 2:47 PM
well not everyone does that lol, i know a friend that has had 3 diff clusters in his car and has no idea how many miles are on the car

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search