Shorted-out Speakers? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Shorted-out Speakers?
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 10:43 AM
I've installed a new CD player, but the speakers aren't working. I've installed it properly, and all the chimes are working. I would like anyone's comments, firstly, on how to find a short , and secondly, how to get the panels off the doors. Sorry, i have no manuals, so i've got a lot of stupid questions.

Re: Shorted-out Speakers?
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 11:25 AM
make sure how ever you installed that wires arnt touching
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 11:50 AM
Good advice, always. Thanks Dan. I used butt connectors from the new radio to the new interface and they are all good as far as i can see. When i pulled out the new radio to check, i decided to try the old radio to make sure it was the speakers, and lo-and-behold: the speakers work fine. So it's definitely a problem with the new interface or the connections. The place where I bought it, assures me that it's the correct part. (i'm waiting for an email from the maufacturer that confirms that.I used a Peripheral Electronics Interface #GMCO. But it's not listed on their website.) So basically I'm sitting here frustrated.
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 1:10 PM
As it turns out, after pulling the doors apart and checking for shorts, and taking the radio in to see if it was the connections to the interface, the problem is the radio itself. while it has power and appears to function, it has no actual output. so i did all this screwing around, thinking it was something stupid i did, to find out the radio i got as a present for xmas, is actually busted. I think i have to send it to the maufacturer to get it fixed becase it's been more than a month since i got it. BOO!
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 1:47 PM
just out of curiosity what kind of radio is it??

hmmmm.... I am confused, and the Blonde genius that is me,
does not easily get confused
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search