Where do you guys buy your stuff? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Where do you guys buy your stuff?
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 8:15 AM
I've been looking for things to buy for the cavalier for awhile. I've been trying to find the best deals. That way I can get more faster. But I don't think there are to many good deals out there ....

Where do you guys buy things like CAI, header, and other performance parts? I seen a CAI for $200 somewheres. Is that as cheap as they come?

Also...do they have projector lights and different tails for the 04 cavalier? So far I can only find them for the 99.

Re: Where do you guys buy your stuff?
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 8:40 AM
a lot of things you can get through http://www.aplusperformance.com, http://www.carcustoms.net, http://www.gravanatuning.com, http://www.modified-motorsports.com and http://www.cnfxperformance.com.

some things you can find on ebay, but always do a little research on the part you want to get first to make sure it's worth buying. as for the tail lights, the outter tails are the same from 95-05. if you want to use the inner tails, you can get a trunk lid off a 95-02 cav and swap it, then put the inner tails on. direct bolt up.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 8:42 AM
you can always check the Group Purchase forum here. you can get gagues, intakes, etc etc for real good price. or check out the FAQ in ther performance forum for some links to different sites.

far as the head light and tal light question. im not sure if they make projectors yet for the 03 and up cavy. you can always take off your tail lights you have now and swap them for a 99 tail light conversion.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 8:46 AM
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 9:29 AM
As for CAI (Vibrant), I got mine for $80 from a performance shop in norther Jesery. www.autosportusa.com When I picked it up, the guy explained everything to me, opened the box to show me exactly what I was getting, and explained install (Sal, was his name). Check out the site, I am sure they will ship out to you. Their number is on the site, and an e-mail address. They really know what they are selling and I intend to go back for my exhaust kit, when I am ready. If you have any more questions, you can e-mail me.

Sam

Ban low-performance cars, not high-performance ones.
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 9:29 AM
from a guy on the corner.....

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 9:31 AM
the only projector headlights for 03+ out so far are the israely (sp?) version of the cavalier stock headlights. have fun finding a set though.

taillights, you can do what cannon fodder said or buy the rksport taillight bezel and keep the trunk you have now.

$200 and up for a CAI is about right. if you don't wanna spend that much looking into getting a Short Ram Intake (WAI). they're around $50 and up. check ebay.

as for that link of all those parts just make sure that it's for the right year, engine, and tranny. plus i'd look around for those items. you can usually find them cheaper somewhere else besides summit.

hell, check the classifieds here on JBO. just make sure you do your research on those you deal with. otherwise you might end up giving up some money and being empty handed.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 5:21 PM
an intake is an intake. dont spend 200 bucks on one. buy one off ebay for 20 bucks. there are only projectors for the 95-99 cavs

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 8:47 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7973598457&category=38634

Would that one work? It doesn't say my year so I'm not sure.

Yeah...I'm just learning about cars...so be nice lol..
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 9:01 PM
no, it won't work. completely different engine. look for an intake that specifically says your year.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 9:10 PM
I haven't found any for a 04...

Thats why I'm stuck on the $200 CAIs.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 9:13 PM
from what i understand, an intake from a 95-02 Z24 can be made to fit an ecotec engine. you might wanna search a bit on that in the performance forum, because if that's the case, it'll save you some money.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 9:43 PM
cheapest one i found on Ebay

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 10:08 PM
Yup. I found that one too. But after the 3 days are up it will probably be around $150 ish..
Thursday, May 12, 2005 8:57 PM
You can check us out also

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Thursday, May 12, 2005 10:37 PM
I had a local shop that got me stuff

-----------
Words that you can't use in modding: Finished, Perfect, Cheap.
Friday, May 13, 2005 2:01 PM
cannon fodder wrote:a lot of things you can get through , , , and .

some things you can find on ebay, but always do a little research on the part you want to get first to make sure it's worth buying. as for the tail lights, the outter tails are the same from 95-05. if you want to use the inner tails, you can get a trunk lid off a 95-02 cav and swap it, then put the inner tails on. direct bolt up.
those websites you posted.. are any of them in canadian $ ??
Friday, May 13, 2005 8:43 PM
as far as i know, some of them will be willing to sell to Canadian customers... but they are all American based companies, so you'd still have to pay the border duties or whatever. not sure if there are any Canadian based performance shops that are here on the JBO. check in your regional forum or other Canadian regional forums.

Saturday, May 14, 2005 11:09 AM
don't forget www.winksonline.com He came to me and sent me a pair of decals and is a very personable person to deal with.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search