A QUESTION ABOUT AN 89 CAV. WITH A 2.0 - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
A QUESTION ABOUT AN 89 CAV. WITH A 2.0
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 8:12 PM
I was wondering if anybody could tell me if there are any sites to find parts for this engine. Also would parts for a 2.2 work on my 2.0?

Re: A QUESTION ABOUT AN 89 CAV. WITH A 2.0
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 9:47 PM
Quote:

Also would parts for a 2.2 work on my 2.0?

since they are 2 completely different engines probaly not

and mantapart.com is the only place i know of

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Re: A QUESTION ABOUT AN 89 CAV. WITH A 2.0
Saturday, May 14, 2005 12:35 AM
Some parts will work. However, minor modification is needed. The header from the 2.2 bolts up to the 2.0. Did the swap in my 90 Cavi - bought the car for $60, no engine/trans, but had the header/exhaust (stock). My step-sister totalled her 89 Cavi 2.0. Engine/trans had 40k on it.

The oxy sensor is on the opposite side on the 2.2, so you would either need to splice in some additional length of wire, or get a sim (if available).

Best option would be to poke around in the 2nd Gen forum. There may be some posts that will point you to the direction that you are looking for. That is, depending on the parts that you are trying to hunt down. If it's for performance, good luck. There is almost no market for the 2.0 (however I could be wrong on that one).

You may be able to find some parts that will interchange as well that are branded for the Chevy Beretta 2.0l or the Pontiac Sunbird 2.0

HTH

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search