just some questions - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
just some questions
Saturday, May 14, 2005 9:24 PM
well i have a 97 cavy with a 4 speed auto and i was wondering if it was up to the ppl in here worth it too spend the money on a exhaust system, cat back and sh!t like that. i really like the sound that they make but i dont know if it is worth it to do it to an auto.....would i still get the same sound or would it be different....like inbetween shifts would it sound like it is breathing or would it just shift smooth?

just want to know what u all think
thanx

Re: just some questions
Sunday, May 15, 2005 12:05 AM
of course it would be worth it. why wouldn't it be?

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, May 15, 2005 11:55 AM
97 with a 4 speed auto? is it a 2.4 or a 2.2? I didn't think the 2.2 came with a 4 speed auto, i thought they were all 3 speeds. I could be wrong. If i'm right and you have a Z24 then it's definitly worth it. Even if it's a 2.2 do it, it's your car, do what makes you happy.

Sunday, May 15, 2005 4:45 PM
jkhd03cav wrote:it's your car, do what makes you happy.

There ya go! I have a 97 cav (mine a 2.4L). I have 77xxx miles, and the next thing I am doing to it is a cat-back, w. a flow-though cat. As for sound, the sound is going to come mainly from the muffler, and it has nothing to do w. how smooth the shifts are, that is the transmission. Spend what you can on it, you don't need a $1000 exhaust when a $200 is going to be the same. Or you can build yourself your own exhaust. Do what you what, like jkhd03cav said, it is your car.

Sam

Ban low-performance cars, not high-performance ones.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search