Question about Carbon Fiber hoods - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Question about Carbon Fiber hoods
Monday, May 16, 2005 2:08 PM
I recently hit a deer with my car it messed up the front air dam and hood, BUT it was a poly urethane front so i can just get it repainted, its fine, plus this means i get to get a sweet looking hood, I dont no what to go with though, carbon fiber or fiber glass, so i wanted to no more about them, i heard that the cf doesnt fit very well and that it cracks easy, does the fiberglass hoods do the same thing? or do they fit better?, also what brands should i go with to get the best quality? any help is appreciated, thanx

Re: Question about Carbon Fiber hoods
Monday, May 16, 2005 2:31 PM
Fiberglass and CF are almost exactly the same as far as it goes for construction. Fitment depends on who you buy from, and what brand they are (aka, price = quality).

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, May 16, 2005 2:55 PM
I've heard the as far as CF goes. VIS is a good name, fitment is very good. Just don't be cheap when it comes to hoods. When people admire your car they more often than not look at the hood, it's a good place to see what condition the paint is in and over all the condition of the car, if your CF is twisted and warped or if the hood doesn't fit right, it will really mess up the look of your car. Just take your time and find a good dealer you can trust. As far as CF v. Fiberglass, it just depends on your taste really. Are you going to paint it? CF is typically more expensive so if you're jsut going to paint it anyway get FB, if you like the look of bare CF then get CF. Plus alot of the time certain style hoods are only made in one or the other so decide what style hood you like, Invader? Evo? RAM air? lol it's you're car, what do you like?

Monday, May 16, 2005 5:40 PM
ok, thanks, i wasnt sure on the fitment of either cf or fiberglass, i havent really decided on what style I want yet though, i just hit that deer last night, luckily i have full coverage, so now im gettin new hood, repainted again, and projectors, too bad it couldnt of hit the fenders too, lol, but ya, im going to be getting the hoods threw andys auto sport, thats where i got my body kit and it turned out great...i will get on there tonight and see what style and stuff im getting and get back to you guys....o yea, if anyone reads this and is planning on getting a body kit, definately get a urethane one....itll save u lots of money in the long haul, just make sure u get a good painter to do it of itll crack like crazy...not that my car does of course, my friend has a full urethane blitz kit for his eclipse and it cracks like crazy
Monday, May 16, 2005 5:59 PM
o hey, i finally added a picture of my car before the deer if you wanna check it out, its only of the front, it took so long i dont think ill put another one on today
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search