new guy from Waterford - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
new guy from Waterford
Monday, March 18, 2013 2:08 PM
Hi there I come from the frozen tundra of Wisconsin I recently got in September a 2000 Pontiac Sunrise with a 2.2 that has 115,000 on it now its got the 3 speed automatic, power sunroof, but manual locks and manual windows. I don't have many questions one is my gear selector light went out how do I replace that????

2000 Pontiac Sunfire 2.2L OHV
1993 GMC Suburban 5.7L TBI

Re: new guy from Waterford
Monday, March 18, 2013 5:54 PM
I have posted pictures on my profile

Monday, March 18, 2013 6:18 PM
Depends how much you want to put in your car? Mine is pretty much stocked too so I am in the same boat as you. I have to find a place who will fix my rust threw under the gas tank door.

Monday, March 18, 2013 7:31 PM
Oh okay yeah I gotta find a place to fix my rust as well I got about a 1 inch spot right infront of my drivers side rear wheel

Thursday, March 28, 2013 3:56 PM
Replacing the bulb for the gear selector is easy. Simply remove the center console and find where the bulb is (it's a #194 bulb) located under the gear selector. Replace the bulb and re-install the center console. I would give you more in-depth directions but I no longer own a J-Body and can't really remember how exactly to remove the center console step by step. You should have no problem finding instructions by searching the Interior Forum though. Best of luck !

Monday, April 01, 2013 9:28 PM
Thanks I got it swapped out looks great

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search