Carbon vs Fiberglass - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Carbon vs Fiberglass
Sunday, January 27, 2013 8:51 PM
Which is a better look and easy fit for a hood? a carbon or fiberglass?
Can you paint both?

Re: Carbon vs Fiberglass
Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:50 PM
This is all personal preference. My opinion is few unpainted C/F hoods actually look good on our car. If you're going to paint, and weight isn't a concern, fiberglass works just as well and it is cheaper. I have not installed any C/F hoods, so I cannot comment on their fitment. With fiberglass, the possibility is always there to need to do a little tweeking. If you're patient and know how to work fiberglass, it's not usually that big of a deal. If you go with an unpainted C/F hood, you need to have it clear coated for UV protection.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 10:46 AM
Do i have to use pins for a carbon fiber? and fiberglass just bolts with the same hood hard wear from the old hood?

Friday, February 01, 2013 6:02 PM
All of our carbon fiber hoods are carbon over fiberglass and the carbon is mainly for looks. Yes they do install with the stock hardware and hood pins are a good idea. A few people have had their hoods fly up and smash into their windshield because the stock latch failed and they didnt have hood pins.

Saturday, February 02, 2013 10:58 PM
where is the best place to buy a hood? I hear andys is junk and they rip you off

Sunday, February 03, 2013 2:20 AM
I believe ViS and RK Sport are the only ones that still make carbon product for us, so it doesnt matter where you get it from. I got my hood and trunk off ebay.

Monday, February 11, 2013 12:08 AM
would like to buy mine off a trusted website so I know I will get my hood or body kit.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 4:32 PM
With the way eBay and PayPal is set up anymore its really really hard to get screwed by someone whos a verified seller.

Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:58 PM
are hood pins easy to put on?

Sunday, February 17, 2013 10:23 PM
so many damn questions dawg! on the real though ya use the location of them gosh damn rubber grommets on the radiator support its easy foo! drill holes mount mark secure pm me for a good time/lesson.
Tuesday, February 19, 2013 1:09 AM
You can weld them on too

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 11:44 PM
I did see a guy who put hood pins on his car and he went about 70mph and the hood came up on him and cracked his windsheild.

Sunday, February 24, 2013 6:55 PM

this picture

Friday, March 29, 2013 9:17 AM
that cheap scoop is most likely why the hood flew up, that creates a lot of pressure. i personally ran a carbon by design turbosport cf hood for years with no pins. I adjusted the rubber bumpers to hold tension on the hood and had no issues. if you are just painting one go with the fiberglass. no need to sped money if you are covering it up

Monday, April 01, 2013 12:15 AM
Is it good idea to buy a hood that has the vets in the hood?

Sunday, April 14, 2013 7:29 AM
The stock hood doesn't have vents so really there'd be no need for them...

Vents are another thing that's best left up to you're preference. I've had a couple styles of carbon fiber hood; ViS OEM and Invader, and personally prefer the smooth look of OEM.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 11:49 PM
my stock hood is not bad alittle rust under there the hook is but i wish i had a hood looking not so stock.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search