J Body Shops in Phoenix - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
J Body Shops in Phoenix
Tuesday, March 25, 2014 4:02 PM
Hi Guys I'm new to this forum an need some J Body help? A little back story I bought a 2003 Cav LS Sport from a estate sale that has lots of mods, what I have as info so far is receipts lots of them from a place called Race Related in Florida. Rebuilt 2.2 Engine supercharged W/Wisco Blower pistons, Forged Internals,Patriot Stage 3 Head,Comp Cams Blower cams,Dc Sport Header, Magnaflow Exhaust, Tein Full adjustable suspension,BDS Big brake kit 18 Wheels its Bad ASS......... I need a Shop that knows 2.2 Performance in Phoenix car Runs but not right? it Sputters under Boost then will clear up Air/Fuel gauge seems a little erratic but stays in the Green under Boost?

Re: J Body Shops in Phoenix
Tuesday, March 25, 2014 4:10 PM
I can't think of any good tuners for jbody cars out that way. I'd steer you to Ryan Engleson aka QWKLN2 in St. Luis as he is the closest. Post some pics of the car, might have been a previous members car or someone might know some of the history.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 4:15 PM
Yeah St.Louis is a ride from here,1300 miles + each way There has to be a shop closer? I'm hoping its just bad gas it has sat since 2011/ I stuck fresh plugs in it an added fuel conditioner plus fresh gas its running better each time I run it..........
Wednesday, March 26, 2014 11:10 AM
There are no shops in AZ that know j-bodies per se.

You'll need to find a shop with HPTuners, or do a remote tune.
Wednesday, March 26, 2014 11:20 AM
Both of which are really bad options.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, March 26, 2014 12:51 PM
dyno comp in scottsdale, or chucks speed and RV both tune with HPtuners. I would trust them both.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 1:17 PM
just keep driving it. pump new gas in every day. if you say its running better with each new gas fill, than obviously your dilemma is being solved and you answered your own question.

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Wednesday, March 26, 2014 1:38 PM
Welcome to the site. You have a nice ride there.!! I am up in Deer Valley. Yeah, post some pics!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search