2.2 ohv roller rockers - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2 ohv roller rockers
Thursday, April 03, 2014 8:12 PM
I have a 2000 cavy and want to upgrade to lightweight pushrods and roller rockers any one know where to get these and the pros and cons of the conversion

Re: 2.2 ohv roller rockers
Thursday, April 03, 2014 9:13 PM
What else is done to the motor?

Light weight pushrods I wouldn't really worry about. Larger ratio roller rockers help a little. However the stock rockers are rollers just not roller tips; and the upgraded size (granted the only "accepted") is 1.6:1 and stock is 1.54:1. Depending on what else is already in the motor and the end goal, I would say that it's almost not worth spending the money. Does every little bit help? Yes; however that's money that may be better served elsewhere on the car. The ln2 doesn't really respond that well to the same n/a mods that would wake up a dohc or a small block motor.

I used to have crane 1.6's and with the same tune my afrs didn't change when I went back to stock. I really only went back to stock cause the locks kept backing off and I was having lash issues. Once I swapped back to stock however the lack of afr change at really all throttle and boost levels lead me to believe that the small difference between the 2 was not worth it. Other setups may disagree, this is just my personal experience.

It depends on what your goal is and what your wallet is comfortable with lol.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Re: 2.2 ohv roller rockers
Monday, April 07, 2014 6:29 AM
What year is your motor? I have a 2000 “2200" & I have Harland Sharp 1.65 self aligning roller rockers. I have another used set of these which I don't ended anymore. Your gonna need 5/16 pushrods as well if you go with 1.65 rockers. Personally I think these rockers are a great improvement that go along with some other mods as well.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search