2005 Sunfire Upcoming Mod List - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2005 Sunfire Upcoming Mod List
Sunday, July 06, 2014 9:34 AM
I'm new here, and I'm wanting to create a list of mods to do on a budget. You can see the mods I already have in my garage. Does anyone know how to fix the awful rattling interior? Does anyone else's car look lifted? Everything just looks kind of weird to me. I'm trying to find the solution.
Attachments
20140503_104238.jpg (73k)
IMG_20130807_161922.jpg (137k)
IMG_20131009_121534.jpg (77k)
IMG_20131009_122050.jpg (68k)
IMG_20130727_100458.jpg (127k)

Re: 2005 Sunfire Upcoming Mod List
Sunday, July 06, 2014 9:35 AM
Sunday, July 06, 2014 9:38 AM
Last one
Attachments
20140503_104256.jpg (127k)

Sunday, July 06, 2014 11:19 AM
Thats normal for our cars. Lower it with a nice set of struts and springs or coilovers and itll look right
Sunday, July 06, 2014 1:08 PM
Fix the rattle?

Turn up the radio. LOL.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Sunday, July 06, 2014 3:24 PM
That fixes the door rattle but then my rear view mirror wants to fall off. Lol. But flooring it seems to work. Has anyone on here ever used eBay lowering springs? What springs do you guys recommend? I need some strut options too. Our cars have very little aftermarket support.
Sunday, July 06, 2014 4:04 PM
I have a set of tokico D-Specs and h&r springs (both very good brands for our cars) for sale. Private message me if you're interested. They make the car sit really nice.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, July 07, 2014 1:48 PM
PMd
Wednesday, July 30, 2014 4:06 PM
I always hear this door rattle comment, mine must have been built on emploee bonus day because i have no such issue lol there is also a kyb set up thats on ebay offen from a supplier thats new kyb struts and kyb 2" drop springs for about $350. Kyb is name brand so that doesnt seem like a bad route to go in my eyes for cost effectiveness. Ryan is a good guy (y3llow cav) so im sure whatever hes got is quailty stuff as well

I Love My J ♡
Wednesday, July 30, 2014 4:29 PM
As far as other budget mods goes, headers arnt too bad price wise. Not sure if they offer a off brand ebay header for the eco but i got one on mine, polished stainless and nice welds plus the primary dia. Is same as name brands but i must say, the flange is were you can see the cheapness although the welds are nice and its not a flow restriction. It just looks cheap but mine turned out to be square and sealed nicely. Finish the rest of your exhaust, shop around small shops and see whos cheapest there are deals to be had out there. A cold air intake will help bring air in the engine as well and there are options out there that a price effective and you could always make custom. Relocate you iat sensor to the inlet of the cai to see the cooler air charge, worth a cupple degrees in timing when the computer sees the cooler air temp. There is a intake manifold swap from another eco that ive seen people talk about thats worth power and if you can source that from a u pull it yard it could be had cheap, so thats worth some research. The best thing you can do (because its free!!!) Is drop some weight from the car. Anything you dont want or need in your car ie. Trunk interior and jack/spare tire etc. I see you already have aftermarket wheels, check on there weight. For every pound you drop in rotational mass in drive line ie. Wheels, brake rotors, drums, etc. Is worth 10lbs in startionary weight. Thats a big deal!!! Weight makes a big difference and taking things off your car is free! There are alot of ways to drop weight, interior like mentioned, wheels, tires, brakes. Could drop weight from engine bay, getting rid of all the stock intake boxes by going cold air or short ram, abs delete, power steering delete witch isnt bad if done right. There are some write ups out there on how to convert your stock rack to manual by deleting the piston inside witch makes turning a non power car easy. If you dont find air conditioning a must you could delete it. Your plastic bumper isolaters behind the covers etc. I feel i have wrote a massive post here and if you want any more ideas give me a pm we can talk about cheap mods even ferther. Hope this helps give you some ideas

I Love My J ♡
Thursday, August 07, 2014 7:47 AM
Sleepin....zzzzz wrote:...A cold air intake will help bring air in the engine as well and there are options out there that a price effective and you could always make custom. Relocate you iat sensor to the inlet of the cai to see the cooler air charge, worth a cupple degrees in timing when the computer sees the cooler air temp.
Don't waste the money. Our cars have a CAI already, and unless you've done a lot of other mods to help the engine make more power, the factory intake is not a problem. Some people take the "bong" out of the drivers fender (just a muffler system to quiet the intake), but again, it's not going to gain you much at all, other than sounding like it makes more power. Relocating the IAT is a horrible idea, that, unfortunately, many have done. The IAT is supposed to give the computer an accurate reading of the incoming air to properly balance the air/fuel ratio. By making the sensor see a colder charge, you're just making the engine run richer. Proper tuning is the way to do this, otherwise you're just wasting gas.

Sleepin...zzzzz wrote:There is a intake manifold swap from another eco that ive seen people talk about thats worth power and if you can source that from a u pull it yard it could be had cheap, so thats worth some research.
You're probably referring to the Saab manifold swap. I'm not sure how much power this swap makes in itself, but being an aluminum manifold instead of the composite one, it can be ported and polished, so that's a huge win.

Thursday, August 07, 2014 7:49 AM
I think he's referring to the LE5 manifold swap. But that requires bigger injectors and therefore a tune as well.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, August 09, 2014 7:18 AM
Part of what's contributing to the 4x4 look is that you've got the wrong sized tires on it. You should be running 215/45/17 rather than the 40's you've got. So the tires are too short, giving you more wheel gap.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search