08 hhr ss LNF powered Feiro - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
08 hhr ss LNF powered Feiro
Friday, January 02, 2015 4:22 PM
Hi,yea Im a Newbie on here,or any other blog for that matter. ive tied to read up on LNF motors but,alot of the terms are alien to me as Im 55. haha I'll get to the point. I have an 84 Pontiac Feiro I'm building. Since I obviously like to be different,and all the Feiro guys are putting v8s and 3800s in em I decided to go with something more the size of the car. I might add,that I love g force,sideways. So I was thinking.a stock Feiro came with a fou cylinder,called the Iron Duke,heavy,put out 95 hp at best in stock form. let me see,reduce weight by almost half,add a fifth gear,and up the horse power by a couple hundred. so I eyeballed an Ecotec. geez,looks like it would fit. put one in and wolla,fits like it was pretty much stock with some tweaks. heck the coolant pipes were even in the right spots.enough bsing,because im a one finger typist. motor is in,,coolant system complete, air over water intercooler system done, radiator for intercooler with 10 inch fan in left wheelwell,3 inch K/n filter in right wheelwell. full tube rear suspension with Koni 12 way adjustable shocks complete. pulled the gas tank and put POR on it to get it mint. now I'm stumped. I want to keep the original fuel gage. I know that the motor has a fuel pump on it. Is there also one in the tank of a Cobalt or HHR? I have figured out the feed line but I'm not sure about the stainless high pressure line coming out of the head. is this a return line? also, does the system have an evap system? I need imput,in plain English. Plese help. Im keeping this motor stock but will be getting an high performance computer for it too. one thing at a time. Im trying to do a real quality build as I want to drive this car every day all summer long. I want to see the chevy garage freak when I bring it in ,and ask them to run a diagnostic on it. haha. so comeon all you young guys and girls who know about the LNF help me oput? I will post pics at a later post. when I figure out how to get them of of my {smart phone}. haha

Re: 08 hhr ss LNF powered Feiro
Friday, January 02, 2015 10:35 PM
Pretty sure the LNF is a return less system. It is direct injection so you need a high pressure fuel pump. As far as evap I wouldn't even worry about trying to adapt that to a fiero if your using a stand alone ECU as I am not sure if they even support it.

Rob

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Saturday, January 03, 2015 5:15 AM
thanks Rob. Ive been trying to keep everything simple and easy to work on ,so the less I add the better. your interior looks great. My motor already has a pump on it,but do you think they had another in the tank? I know aeromotive makes a pump that will bolt up to the stock Feiro pickup. got any Idea of pressure and volume requirements for the LNF. Im trying to register on the Cobalt SS forum but its stuck loading.
Saturday, January 03, 2015 5:42 PM
Fuel pressure I believe is 2,000 plus psi. I though cobalts had a pump right outside the tank? I may be wrong, I know automotive makes one that goes right outside the tank. I have no idea on the volume. I never dealt with a LNF and most people on he probably haven't either. If it was a LSJ, Lk9, LE5, or L61 anyone on here could probably help but you got a newer motor. I am pretty sure on pennocks someone else used a LNF, I know there was a few lsj swaps.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Wednesday, January 14, 2015 4:20 PM
the high pressure pump bolts right up to the head and driven off the camshaft, you will need an electric pump for fuel volume, you don't necessarily have to use an oe hhr pump but one spec for 57-67psi with engine off. post up a pic of the line sticking out of the head, it might be a fuel line, evap line or a coolant line. ss cobalts didn't get direct injection till 08 also the only year with a turbo and the last year of the cobalt so if your looking to swap parts make sure its that year. the pontiac solstice gxp ran with the lnf motor for a few years before the hhr and cobalt but those are rwd so not sure what will interchange. good luck sounds like a pretty kickin little car
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search