hello new and need help - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
hello new and need help
Thursday, January 08, 2015 12:13 AM
hello everyone thanks for taking the time to read my post. i recently joined the j bodies when purchased my 02 sunfire se coupe. it wasent my first pick but grew onto my car. i recently been trying to bring it up and as others want to raise performance. i have so far bought a cold air intake, magnaflow high flow cat and muffler along with a hp tune mainly to take off governer..also had bought a used header which started bringing new problems. when i installed header where the 4 to 1 flange connects it was to close to the cross beam where some of the oil lines run. my question is has anyone else had this problem and what should i do. my option im going with is just buying a new header but dont want same problem since this one came off a cavalier. with that being said all the headers ive seen for my 2.4 had a outlet of 2.25 and was wondering if i should make my exhuast 2.25 all the way back or if i go 2.5 after the header is that too big which will result in loss of power. does anyone has any opinions please help and what headers are good to buy since was looking at some ebay ones. well thanks and help asap need to fix my problem.

Re: hello new and need help
Wednesday, January 14, 2015 3:08 PM
i understand the budget build but i also understand that ebay parts don't always bolt up how the originals do so you will most likely have to do some modding to the header or the lines that are in the way. if the outlet to the header is 2.25 i would stick with that all the way back, you're not going to gain anything other than weight by going with 2.50. be careful with that tune, im beating a dead horse here but that governer is there for a reason, not just that regular p-tires come apart after 110mph but the hubs and transmission weren't designed for that high of a speed. most tuners are better at acceleration and handling rather than top speed.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search