swap a 96 2.2 into a 98 sunfire manual trans... - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
swap a 96 2.2 into a 98 sunfire manual trans...
Friday, March 06, 2015 2:34 AM
Yes, thats rite, i wanna swap an OLDER engine into my car. My car is a 1998 Sunfire I bought brand new in late 97. It currently has 231,000 miles on the original engine and head. It finally gave up on me two weeks ago. I bought a "used" engine from a local salvage yard. When my son got home with it, I realized they sold him the wrong engine. When I called the dealer, they refused to replace it with the correct year, and were complete a#$@ about it.Cussed me out and everything. Well, I noticed the motor was clean. Not just washed, it was really clean, but I didnt think anything about it until they called back today with a change of heart. They want this motor back real bad. So, I popped the valve cover n oil pan. Sure nuff, they accidentally sold me a completly rebuilt engine. Zero miles. Still has assembly lube all over it. Right wrong or indifferent, Im thinkin bout keeping the engine simply for the fact of the way they treated me.
I know the differences are timing, and two extra sensors on the newer engine, so I know I will have to change the ecm. However, i dont know if I have to change the harness. Just for two sensors. Any help out there? Will I need to change the harness?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search