Ello! 84 cs 4dr sedan survivor future 3800II sc swap - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ello! 84 cs 4dr sedan survivor future 3800II sc swap
Monday, June 20, 2022 11:36 AM
So the car was bought for 200, spent more than that on shoes and rims for it, probably going with an 87 front nose, odg satin with black and chrome highlights, havent decided what to do on interior besides probably going leather seats with rubber carpet. I want to do louvers on the back window and a spoiler like the mafia sentinel from gta 3. I also plan to keep it auto i love the 80s auto shifters, reminds me of my 600hp 3.8l 81 camaro matching numbers.

So unlike most newbies, I'm pretty seasoned with 60-90s cars, also post 90s but i got a 84 so that doesn't matter till i get the swap done.

So i have two issues that would almost invalidate my claims of knowledge, but new frame and chassis to me so ill fire...

The PO for one reason or another mangled a mostly mint 84 cav sedan, its missing the passenger front window, i know that the front glass is 82-89 but does it matter if its a coup, sedan, or wagon glass?

Also what parts are needed to make the rear doors roll the glass flush like front doors?

messed up the back of the back bench so it wont sit proper on the hooks, so im needing to fix the seat or replace it, so a link to the appropriate thread would be stellar.

The door keys have gone astray so i have everything unlocked but no key, what gm key cylinders work because the best i found were date correct chevelle locks.

Whats my cheapest option for a key to my doors?

If it helps i do plan to go the key fob way and have the locks be for show, but a physical key would be awesome.

I'm going to be documenting the car on its journey to devour hellcats on youtube, at some time ill upload some pics, she's really rough looking but 0 rust and no major damage

Re: Ello! 84 cs 4dr sedan survivor future 3800II sc swap
Tuesday, August 02, 2022 7:19 AM
The rear door windows can't go down all the way, due to the curve in the doors.
I'm pretty sure the passenger door window will work off of any 82-89 sedan or wagon. Power windows may be different though. Coupe windows will not.
As for the door locks, a locksmith might be able to make a key. I'd call around and see what they say. You can buy new ones that are not expensive.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/chevrolet,1984,cavalier,2.0l+122cid+l4,1037629,body+&+lamp+assembly,door+lock+cylinder,10007
Re: Ello! 84 cs 4dr sedan survivor future 3800II sc swap
Saturday, September 03, 2022 5:29 AM
My 83 also had no lock/trunk key:

- Removed rear seats. You need a big hex and an impact gun (I have an electric one which worked fine)

- Once seats out, you can access the trunk.

- A bunch of extenders with a 10mm at end allowed me to unbolt the trunk lock latch while inside the car

- Once the latch unbolted, I was able to open trunk and remove lock cyl

Brought cyl to a locksmith and $50 later, he was able to make me a key. He did not rekey the cylinder, just made a key to fit. Now that key unlocks the doors too
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search