Painting - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Painting
Saturday, September 03, 2005 10:02 PM
i was thinking of painting stuff with a gun because i have access to a BIG ass compressor. i was wonder what kinda gun would i need. dose any one have a how to paint with a gun???

Re: Painting
Saturday, September 03, 2005 10:40 PM
ya but unless you have a well vented area and a closed of area depending on the size of area you are wanting to paint then your going to get a lot of dirt and particles in the paint and it will look like crap. i took 3 years of auto body and collision courses and it took a good 2 months painting 2-3 hours a day to get it down good with not having ruins or painting it to dry and learning how to adjust the gun to the right setting as well as mixing the paint. there are several guns to choose from. most any will do but i always had better look with a gun with the paint loader on the bottom instead of a gravity fed gun which is primarily used for primer. all i can really say is practice practice practice you can only improve as you go best of luck
Sunday, September 04, 2005 10:59 AM
well ya then hes gotta have (forget what its called laqure thinner, mabe not) to clean ther gun off n dadadada...first time i used a paint gun i painted some shelves for practice and had a few drips..so just practice

Get Wrecked
Sunday, September 04, 2005 11:47 AM
lol i wouldnt start off on your car if you never painted before. theres alot that goes into than just spraying some paint on a car. ive always heard gravity fed guns are the way to go

Sunday, September 04, 2005 1:46 PM
all you can really do is practice and see how it goes also you have to remember you need to sand down to the primer on the car and then mask off everything and clean it completely using a good cleaner.
Sunday, September 04, 2005 9:34 PM
a hvlp (high volume, low pessure) gun is your best bet, and practiece before you spray your car

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Sunday, September 04, 2005 11:17 PM
Quote:

ßãggéÐÇåv98 (Ûñqùðtäߣè Øñé)

i wasn't going to paint my car i was going to paint a set of fenders that i mite order.

Monday, September 05, 2005 10:22 AM
if u wanna get real technical...you'd use a tach cloth over the primer tso the paint sticks rea good....then dont touch it cause the grease on ur hands dosent make the paint stick

Get Wrecked
Monday, September 05, 2005 10:32 AM
ya ya ya use the tach cloth to helps paint adhere better
Wednesday, September 07, 2005 5:50 PM
U don't need a big compressor to paint with a gravity feed u do however need a compressor that puts out high volume to use a HVLP. I have used both don't like the HVLP very much normal gun is just as good if u kno how to use it. But u can use a cup gun but for automotive Gravity is the most used.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search