Looking for a convertible. - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Looking for a convertible.
Thursday, March 18, 2010 1:51 AM
I am looking for a manual convertible cavalier. I would prefer either the same year frame as the one i have (95-99), or 03-05, but as long as it runs, has no real problems, is manual, and i can afford it...then im pretty interested. I only have around 1-1.3k to work with or partial trade with my '96 Z24 (dead tranny atm. fixing soon) Maybe even full trade after the tranny is fixed??? I'll see about posting the pix (if i still have them...) when I can... dpweaver@hotmail.com (plz post in subject that the email is about my post here so i dnt junk it, or delete it if its already in the junk folder...i clean it out almost daily) Thank you all...

Re: Looking for a convertible.
Thursday, March 18, 2010 3:26 AM
There were no convertible Cavaliers made after 2003. That's not saying that there are none with that body style, just not made that way.

Philippians 3:10 (Amplified Bible)
10[For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [[a]which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope]
Sunday, March 21, 2010 8:01 PM
not to nit pick, but the last year the convertible was offered was 2001. as for trying to find one cheap, try searching craigslist. good luck finding one in your price range in good running condition though.

Monday, March 22, 2010 1:41 PM
yea your going to have to double you funds if you want to find one in semi decent shape

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 12:40 PM
ok, oh well.....was worth a try... i got mine for 1k and it was perfect. fixed 2 things under 100 bux total...
Tuesday, March 23, 2010 10:47 PM
cannon fodder wrote:not to nit pick, but the last year the convertible was offered was 2001. as for trying to find one cheap, try searching craigslist. good luck finding one in your price range in good running condition though.

actually the last year made for any jbody very is 2000. but as far as 1k for a vert. good luck, at the price it either will have motor issues or top issues and even worse then all of those are top seal issues. but you may get lucky like i did.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 10:22 AM
Azncav is right, the last 3rd gen 'vert was/is the '00. It's also the most desirable IMHO as it got the major systems upgrades (electrical, ABS, etc.) all '00's got. At least the late '99's got the engine upgrades (injectors and such). Fortunately, nearly all the 'vert specific parts are the same for all 3rd gens. And, those parts are being discontinued fast. If I had room for a parts car, I'd have one.

markc50...formerly 1of7627 but that login doesn't work anymore.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010 4:16 PM
Mark Cataldo wrote:Azncav is right, the last 3rd gen 'vert was/is the '00. It's also the most desirable IMHO as it got the major systems upgrades (electrical, ABS, etc.) all '00's got. At least the late '99's got the engine upgrades (injectors and such). Fortunately, nearly all the 'vert specific parts are the same for all 3rd gens. And, those parts are being discontinued fast. If I had room for a parts car, I'd have one.

just one? hell i have two haha .

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search