What do you guys think is more fun? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What do you guys think is more fun?
Wednesday, September 26, 2007 10:16 PM
Drag Racing or Autoxing.

I've only drag raced, so i really don't know.

Re: What do you guys think is more fun?
Wednesday, September 26, 2007 10:20 PM
that is completely personal preference... however i like drag racing more.

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.
Wednesday, September 26, 2007 11:11 PM
I prefer Autocross, turning is cool and all, but where it's really at is heel-toe downshifting.

The straight line fix is cool like once a year, otherwise you'll find me carving cones the rest of the time.

Thursday, September 27, 2007 8:49 AM
I would love to autox. Problem is my cars modifications would put me in a class i could not compete successfully in. So i stick to drag racing. Plus with drag racing every track is the same (almost) 1/4 mile long so you can compare better with the other cars that are out there, as well as the track is open more often. Where as autox there are no permanent tracks local to me.

Thursday, September 27, 2007 9:16 AM
Wrench Monkey wrote:I would love to autox. Problem is my cars modifications would put me in a class i could not compete successfully in. So i stick to drag racing. Plus with drag racing every track is the same (almost) 1/4 mile long so you can compare better with the other cars that are out there, as well as the track is open more often. Where as autox there are no permanent tracks local to me.

psshh... theres an autox going on almost every weekend at Miller Park.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Thursday, September 27, 2007 11:00 AM
Hmmmm..... LIAR. LOL j/k man. Oh well. I <3 drag racing.

Thursday, September 27, 2007 6:11 PM
Drag racing!!!! then again... I never tried AutoX...

2004 Cavalier
13.2@105........
Mods...
BFG Drag Radials
Saab Turbo kit
2.5 exhaust, w/cutout
Spec Stage 2+ Clutch
Thursday, September 27, 2007 6:42 PM
Me personally I would love Auto X. Drag racing is boring.. you hit the gas and go straight for a few seconds and then you wait in line.

One thing I've seen a lot of is that people prefer drag racing... untill they try Auto X

kflo wrote:The straight line fix is cool like once a year, otherwise you'll find me carving cones the rest of the time.

X2

Wrench Monkey wrote: Plus with drag racing every track is the same

to me thats another reason I like Auto X better, its diferent everytime, you never race the same layout twice

Wrench Monkey wrote:I would love to autox. Problem is my cars modifications would put me in a class i could not compete successfully in.

Running 235 tires bumps me a class and the wilwoods... those alone puts me a class with highly modded EVO's and what-not. My car will never be class competitve again but I really dont care. I'm not planing on going to the national level competing for the championships or anything. I go out and have a good time. If at the end of the day I've had fun and beat at least one VW then I'm happy. Hell even if I lost every single event and finished dead last I would still do it becasue its easily the most fun you can have in a car.

Thursday, September 27, 2007 6:57 PM
so woulda stock J with ecotec charger race in a class with all other stock compacts?Just asking how the rules work
I just bought my Sunfire and 4500 dollar f%&*king supercharger to anoy people i find that most fun
Friday, September 28, 2007 5:48 AM
carnivorous mouse wrote:so woulda stock J with ecotec charger race in a class with all other stock compacts?

yes your "stock" J with a supercharged eco would race in a class with all stock cars

I'm sorry but thats just a flat out retarded question question

Friday, September 28, 2007 11:02 AM
Road racing. ElkHart lake. FUN.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Friday, September 28, 2007 12:18 PM
Autox for sure. I really don't care much for competition...I just go because its so much fun. If i am doing well and seem to be able to take home a trophy than i will try a little harder. But that doesnt happen too often. I really encourage anyone to try autox atleast once. You learn things about driving that will help you out for the rest of your life.

Go Go OG Traction!!
Thursday, October 04, 2007 5:39 PM
i like to get both fixes in One , A drag race then hit the twisties

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4040102227125959330&q=shane+lovely+road+atlanta&total=4&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

AIRPLANE SHANE
Mazda Rev It Up Atlanta Champion '03
#118 H2 98 Honda Civic DX
http://teamlovely.shutterfly.com
89Z24 conv. island cruiser
Friday, October 05, 2007 5:56 PM
Drag Racing, no doubt.
Saturday, October 13, 2007 9:16 AM
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:Road racing. ElkHart lake. FUN.

Chris

So when is this? I never found out when it was this year..otherwise I would have tried it. Its only 15 minutes from the house.

Saturday, October 13, 2007 9:45 AM
Drag racing of course!!!!

Why would you want to finish in the same spot you started??
Saturday, October 13, 2007 10:23 AM
oldschool59 wrote:Drag racing of course!!!!

Why would you want to finish in the same spot you started??

you never do.... its always different and start and end in different gates.

Anyone can drive straight.... it takes a real driver to be able to handle their car,

Plus with auto X you can beat cars that your normally would. you gain a lot more respect for your car too. Normally you are guaranteed 6 runs. and for those runs, you do it. you rush to see your time, then rush to beat that time or to beat the guy ahead of you.

I went up to miller park with dstar and we were beating a BMW, Lotus Elise, Excege, A ton of cars we never should have beat. But the driver couldn't drive so we beat them. There is a lot more into play than just gas, and go. its all about negotiating your turns, your acceleration, braking. Basically fine tuning your car.

The best part, to me, and i mean the best part is when i went to my first event, i pulled up, got registered, i had 5 people walk up to mu car and offer to check over my entire car to make sure everything was good. they checked my tire pressure, checked all my fluids, gave me tips, pointers, everything all for free. they even offered to walk the track with me for some tips. And they said i could just leave my stuff in a parking spot and nobody would touch it. so for the first event i left everything out there. and left my laptop in my car in my spare tire well wrapped up like a baby. Then the next event i took every thing out of my car. my laptop, satellite radio, digital camera all on the ground and it never got touched.

Auto x for the win.

Everyone at the auto x events are so nice, but most of the drag races i have been too, the people are all blah im better than you, blah blah blah.

Saturday, October 13, 2007 10:23 AM
ive done both before in the past. both are great times to be had by all. but since i compete for points on a friday night in bracket racing and go out saturday, i havent had a chance to autox in about 2 years. then some people i know go "Why do you drag race? its a straight line blah blah etc" im say to them "Why should i drive almost 3 hours to go auto X where you do when there are events held no more than an hour away? besides the drag track is closer to me and all my friends go there."

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, October 14, 2007 12:33 PM
autox ftw!!

regardless of whether you are competitive or not... as with anything, there's almost always somebody faster than you. drag racing OR autox.

Thursday, October 18, 2007 10:14 AM
carnivorous mouse wrote:so woulda stock J with ecotec charger race in a class with all other stock compacts?

and yes ur stock j w/ a charger on it would race other cars that have a stock charger. see the difference in wording? j's do not come w/ stock charger and any tech guy at the event would know that.

strat81 wrote:auto-x ftw!!

regardless of whether you are competitive or not... as with anything, there's almost always somebody faster than you. drag racing OR auto-x.

i agree.

bracket races are a different story w/ competition drag racing. don't really like the straight line race anyways. auto-x has me hooked. have all the suspension parts so why not use them for what they are made for.

Thursday, October 18, 2007 10:16 PM
Darkstars wrote:

Running 235 tires bumps me a class and the wilwoods... those alone puts me a class with highly modded EVO's and what-not. My car will never be class competitve again but I really dont care. I'm not planing on going to the national level competing for the championships or anything. I go out and have a good time. If at the end of the day I've had fun and beat at least one VW then I'm happy. Hell even if I lost every single event and finished dead last I would still do it becasue its easily the most fun you can have in a car.

+1 and I was dead last in all the events I ran, but didn't kill the itch

Sunday, October 21, 2007 6:05 PM
auto x

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search