ran a 16.34 today at 85mph hahaha - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ran a 16.34 today at 85mph hahaha
Wednesday, April 16, 2008 9:13 PM
well i thought i would run my 04 cavalier ls sport 5 speed at my track for fun. and i ran a 16.34 at 85mph. haha damnn slow. im used to my mid to low 12's in my mustang. the cavy is a whole other feeling. pretty much thinking to myself,,,,,,, DANG when am i gunna get to the end of the track. haha I had fun though...

is that the normal time for these stock? i wouldnt even know. all it has is a magnaflow muffler. (muffler only)

Re: ran a 16.34 today at 85mph hahaha
Wednesday, April 16, 2008 9:26 PM
you have an ls sport.. they're pigs... not much good for a mid 15 if you're lucky

that trap does blow tho.. i'd say get used to racing the cav a bit more and get that trap speed up

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 9:27 PM
even an LS Sport shouldn't be that slow

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 3:28 AM
I went to the track this weekend last minute when my friend asked if i wanted to go with him the night before....I was running 16.3-16.4 on my 3 passes and my 60's sucked 2.48, 2.46 , 2.43...but I was trapping 89mph I didn't mess with air pressure since I didnt have a gauge, and had 7/8 tank with subs and work @!#$ in the car....I'm going back this weekend a little more prepaired...bringing gauge taking work tools and subs out and going on a little under1/2 tank. My biggest point I want to work on is the 60's I never got anywhere close to a good launch but on 3 passes with a car your not familiar with at the track......meh we'll see what happens this weekend. I'm going to bed

Tuesday, May 13, 2008 5:03 AM
granted mine is a base model, I went 15.8 first time out not knowing the car. and that was when I was TOTALLY stock

so yes, you should be faster

are you shifting 6000-6100? and are you power shifting?
are you dumping or slipping the clutch off the line? if you had a 12sec mustang you probobly had a aftermarket clutch and decent tires, so launching is totally different(I've had 3 mustangs btw)

where are your tire pressures at? on econo tires I get best times with 45 in the rear and 27 in the front and spining the tires just enough to get the junk off of them.

------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
Those so naive, so hard headed, so narcissistic, that think that buy their own efforts can single handedly change the world, are always the ones that do.
Friday, May 16, 2008 12:43 PM
DaFlyinSkwirl (PJ) v2.0 wrote:you have an ls sport.. they're pigs... not much good for a mid 15 if you're lucky

that trap does blow tho.. i'd say get used to racing the cav a bit more and get that trap speed up

What makes the LS Sports slower? Just all the extra goodies they put in em?

My auto 04 ls sport ran 16.121 and thats with staging at like 2000rpm.. lol.. could have done better. I think your car has more potential stock than what you ran. Youll get the hang of it. I have an 02 ls sport now and I'm yet to run it.. time will tell.

JBOK.org / J-Bodies of Kentucky
Friday, May 16, 2008 8:44 PM
hmm well i am tracking my 02 Sunfire GT on sunday that i did the Ecotec swap too.........its pretty bare bones though Manual locks, manual windows, but it does have AC so we will see what it brings. i may also have Drag Radials too though

Saturday, May 17, 2008 3:17 PM
well i just got back from the same track i went to last weekend. my best was an 16.08 @87mph....my 60's are consistant 2.3's now i now I can break into the 15's as she sits...but I think I'm going to hit up the auto x next time out.

Saturday, May 17, 2008 3:31 PM
with my swaped eco four door z with stock 16" rims first run i ran a 15.9 2 run i ran 16.3 with my 17"'s on and a friend in the car. my wheel bearing gave out so i called it quits early to go home and change it.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 9:59 AM
so i went ended up with a 15.54@92mph in the sunfire with a 2.25 60' just need to get it down some more my drag radials go on next weekend

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 5:17 PM
I just ran at the track this past weekend, 15.35@88.24MPH BONE STOCK pretty happy, but then again its a V6 5spd second gen

Thursday, May 22, 2008 2:30 AM
jmccormick wrote:well i thought i would run my 04 cavalier ls sport 5 speed at my track for fun. and i ran a 16.34 at 85mph. haha damnn slow. im used to my mid to low 12's in my mustang. the cavy is a whole other feeling. pretty much thinking to myself,,,,,,, DANG when am i gunna get to the end of the track. haha I had fun though...

is that the normal time for these stock? i wouldnt even know. all it has is a magnaflow muffler. (muffler only)

ok, so you can't drive very well... your point is?

85 is a low trap that tells me your probably not revving it out to redline, or you've got an extra few hundred pounds in there that don't belong. Under-revving is a typical problem among guys who are used to V8's that tend to have less power in the upper RPMs which requires lower shift points. With the ecotec, you need to redline it in every gear to get the best traps and times. I've seen practically stock AUTOMATIC LS Sports do 15.5's right out of the gate.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Friday, May 23, 2008 1:18 AM
JerseyJayLN2 (Scarab) wrote:
jmccormick wrote:well i thought i would run my 04 cavalier ls sport 5 speed at my track for fun. and i ran a 16.34 at 85mph. haha damnn slow. im used to my mid to low 12's in my mustang. the cavy is a whole other feeling. pretty much thinking to myself,,,,,,, DANG when am i gunna get to the end of the track. haha I had fun though...

ok, so you can't drive very well... your point is?

85 is a low trap that tells me your probably not revving it out to redline, or you've got an extra few hundred pounds in there that don't belong. Under-revving is a typical problem among guys who are used to V8's that tend to have less power in the upper RPMs which requires lower shift points. With the ecotec, you need to redline it in every gear to get the best traps and times. I've seen practically stock AUTOMATIC LS Sports do 15.5's right out of the gate.

^^^ I didnt run my car to redline but then again I dont care to race an auto anyway.. boring in my opinion. For some reason I thought the guy was driving an auto, but ya you need to make your 5spd redline if you want to get better times.

JBOK.org / J-Bodies of Kentucky
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search