1/2 mile dirt track tires? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1/2 mile dirt track tires?
Sunday, June 13, 2010 10:44 AM
Hello everyone, I have searched for this but can't find what i'm looking for. I am wondering what you guys are running for tire sizes on a 1/2 mile semi banked dirt oval. Right now i'm running a 195/60/14 on the 3/8 mile track that we race at on a regular basis, at the end of the straight its 200 rpms below the rev limiter in third gear which seems to work out real well. I would like to run third on the 1/2 mile also but i'm not sure what tire size to run, I have to get some tires but I really don't want to buy a bunch of sizes just for a track we only run 5 times a year. I would prefer to stay with a 14" rim cause I already have some spares I can mount them on. Thanks for all your helpful info, there is a ton of wisdom on here thats why I ask everyone on this site.

Re: 1/2 mile dirt track tires?
Sunday, June 13, 2010 3:39 PM
we ran a 205/ 75/ 14 on a 3 spd auto trying to get it off the rev limiter. I think they make a 215 but not sure if they will fit?
Re: 1/2 mile dirt track tires?
Monday, July 19, 2010 5:08 AM
205 50 15 inside and 225 50 15 on the out
bf goodrich g-force t/a drag radial

You won't find a softer, wider tire out there. Little pricy but well worth the money if you are buying new. got to Summit of Tire Rack.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search